Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AID] AidBit | Digital-currency redefined | POW/POS | Groestl | Charity - page 25. (Read 101116 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
fyi Moolah.io exchange (the one I recommended) bought out mintpal just this week. They will be upgrading the security among other things.

http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/

Moolah seems a really interesting Exchange; it has lower number of alt-coins and offers exchange to Fiat. Exactly what we need. It'll be probably quite hard to get accepted, so we would need massive support from your side. I will talk to our financial adviser and contact Moolah shortly. Thank you for the info.

AidBit

Is the Windows wallet supported on Windows XP?

Yes, it was tested and should work well.
HR
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011
Transparency & Integrity

Is the Windows wallet supported on Windows XP?

So I was in the shower and came up with an idea that could help both the wallet woes and give the devs time to rethink the POS issues. Its kinda funny how running water can have such heavy influences on our awareness. I was think instead of implimenting POS into the current payouts we could instead make the POS for early adopters more like a certificate of deposit(CD). In other words allow users to choose how much they want to put into a savings account in the wallet that is not spendable unitl it has matured to a specific date. Allow users to specify between different amounts of time like 2yr 3 yr and 4yr. This way the devs could have time to figure out how to payout the 20% interest on these accounts over tim for at least 2 years, The users get to keep mining groestl pow and making aidbit..and the best point of all...This would be even more assurance that those with CDs would hold aidbit and not dump it for at least 2 yrs. IMO this would be highly lucrative for early adopters and also an added bonus for late adopters to keep adoption going. It would also encourage more buy orders than sell orders increasing aidbits liquidity.

A very nice idea. As soon as the things settle down a bit, we will take the time and talk it over thoroughly with the community. Actually it seems that POS works as intended, only the POS diff went higher due to larger POS Target Spacing, so we're not seing many POS blocks, atm.
Good morning community. Good news! The night went without any fork whatsoever. Let's wait for couple more hours for final analysis but on our end everything seems to be running smoothly. We've just cleaned up blockchains on our nodes. Cleaning up pools databases and wallets will follow, meaning that the ports will be closed until all the blocks are confirmed and everything is paid to miners. This will be done gradually, server by server.

There are still couple of forks in the wild, so if you're having problems synching, try the following:

-Close the AidBit wallet
-Re-run our installer and select "fix sync problems" checkbox or delete all files except wallet.dat from %appdata%/AidBit/

If you're still having problems syncing:

-Close the AidBit wallet
-Delete all files except wallet.dat from %appdata%/AidBit/
-Create the file aidbit.conf inside %appdata%/AidBit

#aidbit.conf
connect=23.100.32.37
connect=23.100.8.20
connect=193.77.159.166
maxconnections=3

Run the wallet and let it sync. Then exit the wallet and delete the file aidbit.conf.

Thank you very much for believing in us,

Sincerely,

AidBit

Activity: 192
finally got synced. used an old wallets blockchain and it was able to update.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Activity: 192
tried new wallet, same problem, wants to download up to block 17020 and won't sync.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Dev,S.O.S!
I updated the wallet to ver 1.0.2.1, but can not sync at all.I'v 45563 coins before update,but now 28112 unconformed coins ,why?
This might be a little off topic but I felt like sharing. I'm noticing a huge influx of coins based on Amway multi level marketing structures. They don't use algorithms or so it seems they don't and they require people to sign up others in order to acquire coins. They give you a % of each person you sign up under you. An example of one of these coins is this. http://latium.cc/

Its kinda disgusting to see this happening. I hope people see the forest through the trees. Cry
Activity: 364
Windows has left the building  Roll Eyes

Not sure if everybody would agree with, especially in the 3D-Design department. I am talking about Win vs Mac of course. Smiley

OS X has also left the building, into a VM though, need it for writing music.

Well, I need them all, so I'm tripple booting. Smiley

I compiled the mac wallet. I'll post if there is a bountie.
So I was in the shower and came up with an idea that could help both the wallet woes and give the devs time to rethink the POS issues. Its kinda funny how running water can have such heavy influences on our awareness. I was think instead of implimenting POS into the current payouts we could instead make the POS for early adopters more like a certificate of deposit(CD). In other words allow users to choose how much they want to put into a savings account in the wallet that is not spendable unitl it has matured to a specific date. Allow users to specify between different amounts of time like 2yr 3 yr and 4yr. This way the devs could have time to figure out how to payout the 20% interest on these accounts over tim for at least 2 years, The users get to keep mining groestl pow and making aidbit..and the best point of all...This would be even more assurance that those with CDs would hold aidbit and not dump it for at least 2 yrs. IMO this would be highly lucrative for early adopters and also an added bonus for late adopters to keep adoption going. It would also encourage more buy orders than sell orders increasing aidbits liquidity.

MANDATORY UPDATE:

Updated AidBit Wallet v1.0.2.1.

Fixes: - Possible forking fix

Activated with block 17900.

Please update your clients as soon as possible.

www.aidbit.net/download

Thank you!

AidBit
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity
having problems getting a fresh new wallet to sync. wants to download to 17020. sometimes updates to 17301 or the current block but then reverts back to 17020. been at it for awhile with current wallet and partial blockchains and new wallet, all with no luck.

Despite all our efforts, our pool servers still fork randomly soon after POS block. We have couple of ideas but have to replicate the problem in the test environment.

I'm going to start a philosophical debate, and I'm going to do so starting off by saying, every cloud has its silver lining.

Theoretically, PoS isn't of much value until there's already a large, widely distributed money supply to serve, isn't that correct? Otherwise it makes no theoretical sense, right? (Those who are already asking for the ETA for POW's scheduled end do get a chuckle out of me.)

I've always said (first time here on this thread) that PoS should only come once POW is done.

In my opinion, PoS shouldn't even be considered until PoS rewards are > POW rewards, and not one day sooner.

That's the theoretical debate, that perhaps leads to the silver lining of all these cloudy issues we've been experiencing. On merits alone (what benefits does PoS really bring us?), that is to say, theoretically, at the present time, does PoS really make sense?

I'm all for junking it until it's actually more valuable than POW, and just letting Groestl POW do its thing!

(It might have been a noble idea and effort, but has anyone made a hybrid POW/PoS work yet? As far as I know, even DMD is still having [important] problems with its PoS payouts minting . . .)

Don't get me wrong, I love philosophy, but first we want to try everything we know to make it work and then try some more. Smiley

We've got an interesting idea, which actually isn't that bad of a compromise, considering that we've extended the POS Target spacing. We want to try to set the reward calculation back to the last block, regardless of weather it is POS/POW block, this way the blocks after POS blocks will be (at the start) worth 8 AID and later who knows. What do you think? If it doesn't work, we'll at least rule out one possible cause.

There are always two sides to every coin, and the worst thing we can ever be faced with is the nagging question, "what would have happened if I'd only tried to . . . "

It wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't work either - there's always a way to turn a negative into a positive . . .

On the other hand, I'm sure that this wouldn't be the last thing to try.  Wink

I admire your determination and dedication. If anyone can make it work, it's someone like you.

Go for it!

And not because I say so.

Add: After giving it an initial mulling over, it sounds like a sensational idea - it would also go a long ways towards creating scarcity as a by product and keep the pool hoppers, multipools and short termers at arms length. Let's hope it works!
When I try to download the new wallet it gives page not found error. ??
fyi Moolah.io exchange (the one I recommended) bought out mintpal just this week. They will be upgrading the security among other things.

http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-acquires-troubled-altcoin-exchange-mintpal/
having problems getting a fresh new wallet to sync. wants to download to 17020. sometimes updates to 17301 or the current block but then reverts back to 17020. been at it for awhile with current wallet and partial blockchains and new wallet, all with no luck.

Despite all our efforts, our pool servers still fork randomly soon after POS block. We have couple of ideas but have to replicate the problem in the test environment.

I'm going to start a philosophical debate, and I'm going to do so starting off by saying, every cloud has its silver lining.

Theoretically, PoS isn't of much value until there's already a large, widely distributed money supply to serve, isn't that correct? Otherwise it makes no theoretical sense, right? (Those who are already asking for the ETA for POW's scheduled end do get a chuckle out of me.)

I've always said (first time here on this thread) that PoS should only come once POW is done.

In my opinion, PoS shouldn't even be considered until PoS rewards are > POW rewards, and not one day sooner.

That's the theoretical debate, that perhaps leads to the silver lining of all these cloudy issues we've been experiencing. On merits alone (what benefits does PoS really bring us?), that is to say, theoretically, at the present time, does PoS really make sense?

I'm all for junking it until it's actually more valuable than POW, and just letting Groestl POW do its thing!

(It might have been a noble idea and effort, but has anyone made a hybrid POW/PoS work yet? As far as I know, even DMD is still having [important] problems with its PoS payouts minting . . .)

Don't get me wrong, I love philosophy, but first we want to try everything we know to make it work and then try some more. Smiley

We've got an interesting idea, which actually isn't that bad of a compromise, considering that we've extended the POS Target spacing. We want to try to set the reward calculation back to the last block, regardless of weather it is POS/POW block, this way the blocks after POS blocks will be (at the start) worth 8 AID and later who knows. What do you think? If it doesn't work, we'll at least rule out one possible cause.
HR
legendary
Transparency & Integrity

Pages:
Jump to: