Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum | Fast. Optimized. Unique Innovation. | 0% Orphans - page 12. (Read 55741 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
A bit different as difficulty targets are also updated on the site and those sites showing nextdifficulty have a different purpose (and more than just based on chance as to what that difficulty will be).

I guess what I can do is see if the code in ARG provides any guidance as to the actual distribution of the random block reward and figure that in.  Or, better yet, have a ARG-AVG coin on my chart that is the predicted profitability of ARG assuming the average block award.

The larger issue is if I provide an inflated profitability, people get mad when they mine and don't get that.  If I deflate it - less mad.  Right now, those who know ARG can look at my chart and say - "So CC is saying 45% profitability but they base that off a reward of 1, so if I multiple that to be the reward I assume it to be 3, than it is 45% * 3".

Activity: 714
Because there is a chance the next block is 1.  To assume three will definitely inflate the numbers, which I would rather err on the side of deflating.

so all those sites that estimate the next difficultyshould just post 1 because there is a change that any coins difficultly could be 1 on retarget.  That doesn't make sense from a mathematical standpoint since there is an even change for the next value to be any one of 1 through 5.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
Pegging it to the lowest value makes zero sense. No one is solo mining, and if mining in a pool, the average over the course of a 60 minute period would be around 3 coins per block.
Because there is a chance the next block is 1.  To assume three will definitely inflate the numbers, which I would rather err on the side of deflating.
Activity: 309
Merit: 250
Sorry - already there (but its value is only evident to those who understand the random block reward as I have the reward defaulting to 1).
why not the average of 1+2+3+4+5=15/5=3?
Sorry - already there (but its value is only evident to those who understand the random block reward as I have the reward defaulting to 1).
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Can we PLEASE leave this off of coinchoose/coinwarz for as long as possible? Right now the market seems to be performing initial price discovery with the coin.... Let it grow without the auto-miner pump and dump and the market price become more established with more of a trading history behind it. I myself will be holding the ARG I am mining now.

+1 to this ^^^
+2
+4
+5
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Can we PLEASE leave this off of coinchoose/coinwarz for as long as possible? Right now the market seems to be performing initial price discovery with the coin.... Let it grow without the auto-miner pump and dump and the market price become more established with more of a trading history behind it. I myself will be holding the ARG I am mining now.

+1 to this ^^^
+2
+4
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

+3 Smiley
Activity: 368
bitify.com - Bitcoin Marketplace & Auction site

+1 to this ^^^
+2
Activity: 333
"Raven's Cry"

+1 to this ^^^
Activity: 448
http://arg.scryptmining.com will be going down shortly for an expected 10-15min outage.  The more important part though is its changing mining ip's.  There are only a couple people mining there, so apologies for the downtime.  Moving to a shiny new server.

Pool is up, downtime a bit longer than expected, but performance should be better than ever, if we can get some miners back.  Please note new stratum url:

stratum+tcp://mine-arg.scryptmining.com:3335
Activity: 448
http://arg.scryptmining.com will be going down shortly for an expected 10-15min outage.  The more important part though is its changing mining ip's.  There are only a couple people mining there, so apologies for the downtime.  Moving to a shiny new server.
Activity: 462
Are you using updated client? And for what amount?

The 1st client, haven't updated. For 240ARG. Should I update?

From what I heard, the updated client reduced fees by a TON.

I would if I were you.

Fees are x20 lower in new client.

Thanks guys, new client only charged me .545, still LOTS, but nothing compared to 11 LOL
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Fees are x20 lower in new client.
Activity: 868
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

From what I heard, the updated client reduced fees by a TON.

I would if I were you.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
WTF people!

The client is asking for 11 ARG fee to send coins? I set it up to 0.1 and it's still asking for 11.
Any clues?
Pages:
Jump to: