Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]AsiaCoin v2 [AC2] - IMPORTANT NOTICE - page 6. (Read 24087 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
A new coin is a new coin... and it could be very profitable and may take off.

If that's all that is left, i think that's great...

If no one wants to fix the old coin, then so be it.  But I've already given the formula on how to fix it.
Activity: 119
IMPORTANT UPDATE

we got a lot of messages today regarding this project and seems that a lot of AC bagholder
don't want to see a new coin. Most of the AC community wants the old sources to be fixed
and patched. Therefore we are going to stop our work on ACv2.

some reasons:
  • We will never publish a release with the original AC scamwallet as codebase
  • We will not risk users to lose potential 30 million AC which were dumped
  • we don't know whats still hidden in the sources
  • big bagholders and active AC community-members don't want this

we are sorry to anounce this, but as you know, there is big responsibilty linked with
such a project. and in this case we won't take responsibility over other peoples money.

we wish you good luck!

Why not just carry on with ACv2? I know thats not what everyone wants but its better than nothing at all?
Activity: 126
Well, there are millions of dollars worth if devs are willing to step in.

This is a coin that was a scam, however, if a new coin is created with the people who are genuinely invested in, it will take off.

We just need coders to fix this. We will donate shit ton of money if this is fixed.

Thank you.

In the meanwhile, if you have AC, please PM me and I will add you to the list at CryptoSteam.com
I think the key person we need is someone who knows and understand the blockchain and the issue, and that person best qualified is you. And I'm sure you will get great support from us.

For the rest, I think we can be responsible for that. We can create a website, social media, contacts with exchanges, etc. I'm sure everyone here will help.

For RealStackcoin i did almost all of it: create a website, paid for the domain, codeded it deployed DNS seeds.. and then after that launched,  Everyday i'd get up and send people coins to recompense their lost coins, update the OP.. respond to the thread in a timely manner, etc..

I got like 0 monetary value out of it.. actually it costs me more to setup DNS and VPS servers.. But it was fun learning experience.

I don't think i want to go through all of that again.. If you guys can be responsible for starting an OP, website.. and commit to it in the long run.. then I'm in.  But I haven't seen any of that.  Don't see anyone creating a website or even creating a new thread (to repair the original coin), get any traction on recruiting a real team or anything...

Bitsta and co. tried to do something new here.. which I've advised them against .. but they probably don't have any skin left in the game and have written off their loss already..

But people who have skin in the game (bagholders).. gotta step up here.. can't just count on others to do this work.  its one thing saying you will help.. another to actually start doing something. 
You can do it but won't do it why? It's not that expensive if you consider the fact that we all lost tons of money on this endeavor.

I've done this before, and it was a great experience (that's why you see a lot of Trust ratings on my profile)..

And I've already done a lot on this already... And frankly, there's still a lot of work and responsibility...

I am not willing to personally shoulder all of this alone at this time.  If I'm responsible for something I'll spend 500% on it.. and I got plenty of other responsibilities in my work & life, i just don't need this extra stress.. Smiley

But others are going to need to step up, take responsibility.. and lead.  I'm here to help, and will continue working on this problem..
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Man. There were 3 good people working to help us all and instead of acting with grace, people acted with some sort of entitlement. Beggars can't be choosers. The time of people who are capable of developing altcoins is very valuable. I think most people involved in altcoins are spoiled, selfish, ignorant brats. The majority have probably not worked for a thing in their life. I for one have much respect for people trying to help out.
Activity: 210
Who wants to step in? I'm not going to just sacrifice my investment.

If you know developers, please contact them. I wish I could code to help everyone that lost out!

Same here, the devotion is here but not the know how.

I wish i could do more

I mean i just told you guys almost exactly what needs to be done, short of coding and testing it myself (time consuming)... But this is really a marketing and leadership exercise.  I'm just a dev that is willing to help.

First of, whoever wants to really revive the old coin should take charge and start a new BCT thread to have control of the situation... Then have to recruit: working on getting new website, new domain, social media places setup.. get in contact with exchanges (mullick from cryptsy seems wanting to help), and just grease all the wheels necessary.

Until that happens all i can do is supply academic information.. anyways i'm patching my version of the code now and will be testing it.. but again, it's all academic unless a core group steps up to really drive this.

I think the key person we need is someone who knows and understand the blockchain and the issue, and that person best qualified is you. And I'm sure you will get great support from us.

For the rest, I think we can be responsible for that. We can create a website, social media, contacts with exchanges, etc. I'm sure everyone here will help.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
count me in!!
Give me a job and i wll do the best i can
same here.
Activity: 182
count me in!!
Give me a job and i wll do the best i can

If you know developers, please contact them. I wish I could code to help everyone that lost out!

I wish i could do more

I mean i just told you guys almost exactly what needs to be done, short of coding and testing it myself (time consuming)... But this is really a marketing and leadership exercise.  I'm just a dev that is willing to help.

First of, whoever wants to really revive the old coin should take charge and start a new BCT thread to have control of the situation... Then have to recruit: working on getting new website, new domain, social media places setup.. get in contact with exchanges (mullick from cryptsy seems wanting to help), and just grease all the wheels necessary.

Until that happens all i can do is supply academic information.. anyways i'm patching my version of the code now and will be testing it.. but again, it's all academic unless a core group steps up to really drive this.

You can do it but won't do it why? It's not that expensive if you consider the fact that we all lost tons of money on this endeavor.
Activity: 252

I wish i could do more

Activity: 252
IMPORTANT UPDATE

we got a lot of messages today regarding this project and seems that a lot of AC bagholder
don't want to see a new coin. Most of the AC community wants the old sources to be fixed
and patched. Therefore we are going to stop our work on ACv2.

some reasons:
  • We will never publish a release with the original AC scamwallet as codebase
  • We will not risk users to lose potential 30 million AC which were dumped
  • we don't know whats still hidden in the sources
  • big bagholders and active AC community-members don't want this

we are sorry to anounce this, but as you know, there is big responsibilty linked with
such a project. and in this case we won't take responsibility over other peoples money.

we wish you good luck!

this is sad news Sad
i am all for a new coin, with a new name...
i understand you not wanting to be attached to the old code completely though i wouldn't want to either
Activity: 280

I can code but I am with zero experience in launching/developing cryptocurrency  Sad Otherwise I would have stepped in myself.

If you can code, we will support you!

i can code too , but will need support too , can i join ??

I can code but I am with zero experience in launching/developing cryptocurrency  Sad Otherwise I would have stepped in myself.

If you can code, we will support you!
Activity: 210

Activity: 182

I wish i could do more

CryptoSteam,
Please add me to the list too. 552K in Mintpal.

Added you to the list. Now, we need developers to step in because the new devs are backing out.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
CryptoSteam,
Please add me to the list too. 552K in Mintpal.
Pages:
Jump to: