Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]AsiaCoin v2 [AC2] - IMPORTANT NOTICE - page 8. (Read 24087 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Another thing, couldn't it be possible opening a wallet where we try to donate 30 Mio Asia Coins (or the exact number coins sold from the hiddenblock) and then take them off the market to protect the value of the coin.
Isn't something in this direction possible Huh

Although that's possible.. that's not strictly necessary if we patch AC code and hard fork..

Essentially only 30m + 160m or so have been distributed to people (even though 30m was given to the dev scammer as BTC, the people who received it shouldn't be punished). 

So the total coins in circulation outside of the premine is only 190m.. When 320m was the target anyways for circulation after 1 year.

So it's very easy to adjust the POS reward so that the exact same # of coins appear in a year's time .. 320M from this point.. as long as the premine is eliminated from the equation..

In fact with a hardfork you can make any range of target for coins between 190m to some number.. if we want to keep it artificially rare.. it can just stay at 190M with 1% stake interest...

Activity: 126
I've been adding names to the list all day. For those who lost money in AsiaCoin and want to support this new project, please PM (Private Message) me. I will add you to the list at CryptoSteam.com

I fully support the new devs and am glad they are stepping up.
Activity: 279
Merit: 250
Hi guys, i would still advise to NOT create a new coin and do an exchange...

I've been through this before from experience trying to save RealStackCoin like this.. which although launched and made people feel better, eventually went down to 1 liteoshi in value.

The issue is that there is an existing network, of exchanges pools , and people.  Only a small percentage of those people will come and claim these coins, and getting exchange support AGAIN will be tough. and cost more money.

I still advise that the Asiacoin src is just patched up and delivered by voiding the premine.  Exchanges are ready to turn on their wallets again if we do so.  We should just take that deal.

Retaining the existing blockchain is worth something.. in fact .. it's the only intrinsic value of the coin.  And thus would have a much better chance at retaining existing coin value than a new coin.
+ another. Fix it, don't replace it. No new coin.
Activity: 435

I've been through this before from experience trying to save RealStackCoin like this.. which although launched and made people feel better, eventually went down to 1 liteoshi in value.

The issue is that there is an existing network, of exchanges pools , and people.  Only a small percentage of those people will come and claim these coins, and getting exchange support AGAIN will be tough. and cost more money.

I still advise that the Asiacoin src is just patched up and delivered by voiding the premine.  Exchanges are ready to turn on their wallets again if we do so.  We should just take that deal.

Retaining the existing blockchain is worth something.. in fact .. it's the only intrinsic value of the coin.  And thus would have a much better chance at retaining existing coin value than a new coin.

+1, this seems to be a good idea.
Another thing, couldn't it be possible opening a wallet where we try to donate 30 Mio Asia Coins (or the exact number coins sold from the hiddenblock) and then take them off the market to protect the value of the coin.
Isn't something in this direction possible Huh
Activity: 705
Merit: 500

The issue is that there is an existing network, of exchanges pools , and people.  Only a small percentage of those people will come and claim these coins, and getting exchange support AGAIN will be tough. and cost more money.

I still advise that the Asiacoin src is just patched up and delivered by voiding the premine.  Exchanges are ready to turn on their wallets again if we do so.  We should just take that deal.

Makes sense.

agree...
+1
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1000
Peaky Blinder

Makes sense.

+1

agree...
The best job that I've seen so far is what the Whitecoin guys were able to pull off.  Patch the src, retain existing connections to exchanges.  Although it shut down for awhile but came back up.  Although not at its highest peak value...  WC is still being traded at maybe 1/2 moving day average.  It has a chance.

Think about it this way: anyone can make any number of new coins , and offer an exchange from AC (like what the panda guys are doing).. but it just won't be the same, it'll be perceived more as a giveaway than anything else.

I've had some experience saving coins .. so take it for what it's worth. Smiley
Activity: 195

Retaining the existing blockchain is worth something.. in fact .. it's the only intrinsic value of the coin.  And thus would have a much better chance at retaining existing coin value than a new coin.

This needs some serious thought as a lot of micryon is saying makes sense.  I'm not sure what the right way to go is but we need to debate this.
Activity: 210

Makes sense.
Activity: 182
Jeez, you think i was going to read 13 pages before posting?
I red the first 4-5... maybe could be usefull posting it in the OP.

Ty, but you need to chill.

You're welcome, sorry long day.
Activity: 280
they say that they have  found the first dev and his email , is there any chance that mintpal poloniex and cryptsy cooperate with us and find maybe an account with his email so we can maybe trace his bticoins or some of his asiacoins ?? is it possible ??

Jeez, you think i was going to read 13 pages before posting?
I red the first 4-5... maybe could be usefull posting it in the OP.

Ty, but you need to chill.
Activity: 182
My ACs are on Mintpal, shall i transfer them on a wallet?
Anyone has a link? Can't find the wallet anymone :;\

35k  Sad

And by the way, let's make this coin great!
Fuck that scum dev!

I will contribute like i never did for a coin

Again!!!!!!!
please READ i posted the windows and the mac wallet in previous posts

Thats why people cant get 1 step further you all want to be a millionair in the blink of an eye, and on the back of some on else.

My ACs are on Mintpal, shall i transfer them on a wallet?
Anyone has a link? Can't find the wallet anymone :;\

35k  Sad

And by the way, let's make this coin great!
Fuck that scum dev!

I will contribute like i never did for a coin
Activity: 119
Im behind this revival, hope it works out!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
ASIACOINv2 [AC2]

This will be the new thread for all AsiaCoinv2 supporters.
We will regularily be updating this thread.

Teammembers:
bitsta (core development)
micryon (dev support, marketing)
goldmann (dev support)
qawzsx (marketing, webdesign)

coin-specs:
  • pure PoS
  • 160 mio total coins from premined PoW
  • stake interest will be set after community poll
  • PoW coins to be exchanged for AsiaCoin

tips appreciated: 1F7wGga1fVD9JJ995K8MiZJjyHSiJYSDPx

Thanks to everyone helping us out, this is probably the best way we could go about fixing this. I wish I could do more to help but I'm quite the noob and don't know much about coin development or programming at all but I can spread the word and try to shut up some of the nah sayers...

sorry for all those that panic sold your AC  (I try to live by never panic sell) or for those that dropped everything they had into one coin (NEVER put all your eggs in one basket no matter how tempting it is) I couldn't imagine the feeling people must of had when they woke up and saw that yesterday... I only have 8700 ac (which is a lot for my broke ass) so to the ones that are in much deeper have patience and hope for the best, these new dev's sound like they know what they're doing.

thanks again to the new dev's
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
just in case we keep asian tones in coin name we would donate to devs twitter account : twitter.com/asiacoins

If the name's changed, we'll just be the next new coin out there.

Keep the name and restore the fame, this is the only way.

P.S. : Ignore the CINNI trolls.

+10
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
just in case we keep asian tones in coin name we would donate to devs twitter account : twitter.com/asiacoins

If the name's changed, we'll just be the next new coin out there.

Keep the name and restore the fame, this is the only way.

P.S. : Ignore the CINNI trolls.
Activity: 214
I think the first thing the AsiaCoin V2 team should do is examine the source on the old AsiaCoin wallet and make sure there is no wallet-stealing malware located inside of the wallet.  I had some AsiaCoin but I'm not going to open up the old wallet considering it might have key loggers / malware installed and as far as i know nobody has reviewed the old wallet's code.

The old dev stole lots of money from us and the exchanges by hiding a single line of code.....who's to say the wallet doesn't have more "surprises"

I dont think they should even use the old wallet. They should create a new wallet altogether from some trustworthy source like LTC, VTC, UTC, ...

That sounds good except that there would be much more work. I'm sure that these coins are much different than AsiaCoin, so lots of modifications and new code would be needed (well maybe UTC wouldn't be real much different.) The code from the old developer is good except for the scam stuff added. If that is used, it would have to be looked at carefully to make sure there aren't any more surprises. Another option would be to use a very similar coin with no known problems like blackcoin. If that is used it's code should be checked as well.
Pages:
Jump to: