Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 247. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Can we stay above 0.00500000 on cryptorush.in i think this coin would be nice for the people at iceland. So don't let it go under.
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
Going pretty smooth, tnx! Difficulty is starting to kick in tough Undecided, I just might put my other 15 rigs in for the battle  Grin

Hows it goin LTEX? Im the annoymous one below u on the pool lol

Its very tough now mate I see you've pointed more rigs now to it. Dnt blame I would if I had more  Wink Wink

It's atill going up and down with the Diff Huh My plan is to keep going at it with around 22Mhs until a couple of weeks after the airdrop. I am a firm believer of real commitment to well made decisions, so we'll see how it plays out Cool
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Lets try to get some action going in the mineabit pool:

Mine-a-Bit: http://aur.pool.mineabit.com/
0% Pool Fee / 0.01 AUR tx fee / VarDiff

Excellent for "lower" hashrate miners, and why not for higher hashrates too, compare to pool with 1% pool fee and 0.1 AUR tx fee:
Lets say you set autopayout to 1 AUR.. you pay 0.01 AUR for the pool fees and 0.1 AUR tx fee; thats 0.11AUR taken from every payout.. 11% total fees! // with mineabit, this would be 0.01 AUR tx fee = 1%
With autopayout set to 5 AUR, that would do 0.15 AUR in fees from every payout.. 3% total fees! // with mineabit, the total fees are still 0.01 AUR, which would be 0.2%

Activity: 135
New exchange to launch soon for the underdogs Shocked So I am going to vote for us to be added https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-lazycoins-crypto-currency-exchange-beta-launched-21st-july-2014-471779

Activity: 635
Merit: 500
Going pretty smooth, tnx! Difficulty is starting to kick in tough Undecided, I just might put my other 15 rigs in for the battle  Grin

Its very tough now mate I see you've pointed more rigs now to it. Dnt blame I would if I had more  Wink Wink
Activity: 19
I like the idea. Iceland is technologically advanced enough for almost the whole population to be able understand the gift and its potential. A similar global project would fail.
legendary
ltex.nl
What do people think about it now being on Crypto Rush?

To be honest I aint that happy, feels alittle premature if im honest  Huh

Personally I do not have any experience with Crypto Rush. Just signed up with them and going to have a look at it. For now, it looks a bit immature to me though.
On the other hand it is a start to get an idea for a first valuation of AUR. One just can't really rely to much on just this one (small) exchange. I'd rather see some of the big ones (like Cryptsy) get in on it.

Incidentally the price that has crystallized is pretty close to what people were trading at through the forums before.

Just put up my first buy order 1 LTC = 20 AUR  Grin, lets see how that goes Shocked
legendary
ltex.nl

Nice one Moleculer thanks for the info and view bruv. Its very helpful. Had abit of a shock when I saw how much I earned this morning tho, in 12hrs, 27 coins hashing at 12mh/s. Mining getting difficult but it aint stopping me lol
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
for those interested here are some usage stats of http://blockexplorer.auroracoin.eu

Most relevant is probably the visit count (yellow).

Ignore 2/18, of course, that's still growing
donator

Personally I do not have any experience with Crypto Rush. Just signed up with them and going to have a look at it. For now, it looks a bit immature to me though.
On the other hand it is a start to get an idea for a first valuation of AUR. One just can't really rely to much on just this one (small) exchange. I'd rather see some of the big ones (like Cryptsy) get in on it.

Incidentally the price that has crystallized is pretty close to what people were trading at through the forums before.
donator
For the Airdrop to be a success, the coin has to have a price so that people see the upside in claiming it. So it is good to see the coin traded.

I agree it's not premature. The coin needs a price. In fact I think it would be great if we had more than one exchange.

Unfortunately we will not be able to reach satisfying levels of liquidity before the airdrop, because there are just comparativle few coins until then.

I'm really looking forward to the airdrop. It's so exciting.

Honestly don't know what will happen: some Icelanders will sell, some will hoard, some will buy, some will use the coin in the local/global economy for buying/selling stuff. The ratios between these largely decides the price and the success of the coin.
legendary
Activity: 938
what happened? suddenly network hashrate jumped up to 850 from 350?

It is now on exchange, that is what happened.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
PRiVCY
what happened? suddenly network hashrate jumped up to 850 from 350?
Activity: 22
ANBK87u5rdZz1ZBxr1YDpC8xB6AkRPYBet

thank you
Activity: 70

To be honest I aint that happy, feels alittle premature if im honest  Huh

To me, its nice to see the coin getting up on an exchange Smiley And for new coins, it seems to be better to hit smaller exchanges than the bigger ones. Especially cryptsy, which doesnt have that good of an reputation amongst the common folks. Coins gettin up on cryptsy early after launch tend to have been targets of pump&dumps, so multiple smaller exchanges seems to be a better option Smiley

Getting the coin on an exchange brings attention to it, which can already be seen on the slight jump in the network hashrate.. and especially with this coins Airdrop plans, will most likely build confidence in it. More confidence and backing for the coin, in mi opinion, will likely mean better reception by people in Iceland Smiley

Very excited to see how this coin develops  Cool
Valid point, lets hope it gains towards its true value in the near future  Wink Wink
legendary
ltex.nl

Activity: 76
For the Airdrop to be a success, the coin has to have a price so that people see the upside in claiming it. So it is good to see the coin traded.
Jump to: