Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Ƀ][BBTC] BlakeBitcoin | Blake-256 | GPU| Merged Mined | 21Mil | No Premine - page 4. (Read 31646 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
I do not know if this is the case here. But some people take a signature from a known virus and post it to a coins blockchain. Look it up if you really want to know how. I'm not giveing a ninstructions manual on how to put grafitti on a coin.

virus checker then generates a false positive
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Indeed no installer , the wallet I recently posted uses only one dll (which i think you may need on win 7 not win 8 or further but if anyone can confirm I would appreciate it since I have limited win machines to test on ?)

We appreciate the feedback from everyone, if you have any legit issues post here and we will try to help.

Please show us a copy of the link you are downloading from and the log of your virus scanner.

Guys,

No FUD and not trying to spread rumour, but can someone please check the Windows installer at the link on the OP?

Twice I have installed it, and twice Avast! is warning it's a virus. Twice I told Avast! to hush and now I will for the second time be rebuilding my Windows machine. Avast! was wrecked twice by whatever is in that file.

Just FYI.

Be good.

There is no windows installer?

Just a precompiled windows daemon and qt with needed dlls (use your own dlls if you want)

I compiled and used same dll as in my other release all clean, you can always compile from source!

Avast! is warning it's a virus"

post the warning message please it might give an insight into the problem
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Guys,

No FUD and not trying to spread rumour, but can someone please check the Windows installer at the link on the OP?

Twice I have installed it, and twice Avast! is warning it's a virus. Twice I told Avast! to hush and now I will for the second time be rebuilding my Windows machine. Avast! was wrecked twice by whatever is in that file.

Just FYI.

Be good.

There is no windows installer?

Just a precompiled windows daemon and qt with needed dlls (use your own dlls if you want)

I compiled and used same dll as in my other release all clean, you can always compile from source!

Avast! is warning it's a virus"

post the warning message please it might give an insight into the problem
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Guys,

Just FYI.

Be good.
legendary
Thank you very much. D/l and is working for me.

sorry ill put up a better link ,

edit 1 done

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8503hoyr74RzhtZjRrVmtoSW8/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like I may need to compile it myself. Is there a way I can d/l the file w/o installing a download manager that plays videos and who knows what else?

Here is an unofficial build of Blake bitcoin or b plus as I like to call it for Windows that has qr codes enabled

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5dge7ug5kascfi/B_plus_win_qt_with_qr_code_support_.7z

If you want to build you own the details are in the Photon forum at cryptocointalk.com in the blake 256 section.

I updated Photon earlier tonight to support qr codes then had a little go at a few other members of the family but it's late so enjoy !!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
legendary
sorry ill put up a better link ,

edit 1 done

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8503hoyr74RzhtZjRrVmtoSW8/edit?usp=sharing

Looks like I may need to compile it myself. Is there a way I can d/l the file w/o installing a download manager that plays videos and who knows what else?

Here is an unofficial build of Blake bitcoin or b plus as I like to call it for Windows that has qr codes enabled

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5dge7ug5kascfi/B_plus_win_qt_with_qr_code_support_.7z

If you want to build you own the details are in the Photon forum at cryptocointalk.com in the blake 256 section.

I updated Photon earlier tonight to support qr codes then had a little go at a few other members of the family but it's late so enjoy !!

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
legendary

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
legendary

Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
some systems have issues with low port numbers 

I thought it is standard Unix style to reserve ports below 1024 for root. I know it doesn't really help with security (and there are ways to run a server as a user, after opening the port as a root), but why choose a low number for this coin, of all cryptocurrencies?

Actually, I don't really see this as a problem -- having to choose your port number before running the server might make you a little more aware of network issues. OTOH, is there any downside for the network when clients have lots of different ports, for example in discovering new nodes?
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
in blakebitcoin.conf set a open port

Code:
port = 

some systems have issues with low port numbers 

Activity: 27
I've run into another issue I've run into nowhere else.

When running blakebitcoind I get the following:

Error: Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:356 on this computer (bind returned error 13, Permission denied)
Error: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this.

For giggles I try -listen=0 and get the following:

An error occurred while setting up the RPC port 243 for listening on IPv4: bind: Permission denied

Then get the unable to bind on 0.0.0.0:356 bind error above once again.

you need the make file for level db

you can get it here if you don't have it

https://github.com/photonproject/photon/blob/master/src/leveldb/Makefile

cd /leveldb

sudo make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

then compile the coin as normal on linux

Trying to compile from source from git repo and get the following error:

~/BlakeBitcoin/src $ make -f makefile.unix
Building LevelDB ...
make[1]: Entering directory `/BlakeBitcoin/src/leveldb'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `libleveldb.a'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/BlakeBitcoin/src/leveldb'
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2

I've dealt with this once before with another coin by simply copying these files from another coin's source but would be interested in finding out why this happens.

Thank you, this worked fine.

cd /leveldb

Building LevelDB ...

I've dealt with this once before with another coin by simply copying these files from another coin's source but would be interested in finding out why this happens.

legendary
i would agree Atomic is a well run, secure and honest exchange,

i use the ignore button a lot on the forum now for ppl like the one you replied to,

it sure does clear the clutter

Get this on a real exchange please.  AtomicTrade is horrible.  Horribly awful.  Awfully horrible...
What's wrong with it!?

That is one of the best exchanges out there.
legendary
Activity: 872
Merit: 1010
Coins, Games & Miners
Get this on a real exchange please.  AtomicTrade is horrible.  Horribly awful.  Awfully horrible...
What's wrong with it!?

That is one of the best exchanges out there.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
legendary

cd /leveldb

Building LevelDB ...

Building LevelDB ...

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
I would like to see the coins in the Blake Ecosystem available on many exchanges for the sake of popularity.

Remember we are only 1 month into merged mining and not an entire month of all 5 coins.

This project is just in it's early stages.  These things will come in time as more users demand /provide the trade volume necessary for other exchanges to list and keep the coins listed. 

While I admire Bittrex for it's aggressive moves it has made lately it also is quick to delist coins that fail to meet minimum trade volume.

As a developer I would rather see my coin not listed at all then to be listed for a few weeks then taken out because 100 new coin launches took place since my coin was added.  They are doing well with their business model and I think anything that can break the 'juice' that places like Mintpal and Cryptsy require to list a coin is a step in the right direction. 

Please be patient.  Also consider holding some of the coins in the Blake 256 family vs. exchanging them for btc !!

There are many long term projects in the works for the coins in the blake 256 ecosystem. 

All feedback is appreciated when you state facts or reasons for your opinion. 

I completely agree - in fact that's why I think we need more exchanges. Like it or not people get comfortable with their exchanges of choice and it can be a hard sell to get them to use an exchange they aren't familiar with and don't yet trust. And I haven't sold a single Blake - 256 coin I've mined yet! I'm in this for the long haul.

That said many people don't mine they only buy on exchanges, and exchanges are the ONLY places that provide a value for coins in the very early stages of their lives. As a miner/investor/trader I like to be able to track the value of what I have, and small exchanges like Atomic Trade are not included in the tools I have available for this (hopefully Atomic Trader will grow to the point where this is no longer the case, but in the mean time...).
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

The owner of Atomic Trade Exchange (Byron) will be *LIVE* on Skype video chatting today @ 1 pm EST [email protected]    Feel free to stop by and ask any questions you like.   

Pages:
Jump to: