Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BEE]BeeCoin - Launched/5 EXCHANGES - page 64. (Read 123045 times)

Activity: 595
Merit: 500
February 19, 2014, 03:19:59 AM
NOW 650M/H.No Mutipool Grin .
To the Moon.BEEEEEEEEE
Indeed, BEE is now 88 hours young and my payouts with SteadyMining have risen to 166k for 210kh/s
so that is now on average 9 BEE per hour per kh/s and climbing...
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 19, 2014, 01:53:18 AM
NOW 650M/H.No Mutipool Grin .
To the Moon.BEEEEEEEEE
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
February 19, 2014, 12:03:01 AM
Great coin! Grin

Make sure you keep the Twitter account active!
February 18, 2014, 06:00:14 PM

I'm starting to wonder myself as I was getting less on updamoon but not half the amount but I have tried one of their other coin pools today and split my mining between that and another smaller pool with the same coin and have mined a lot less on their pool.  Around half the amount, just adding up quickly in my head.
Be aware that the first hours your earnings will be less due to PPLNS kicking in slowly, you need to be mining for a while or use a pool that has straight payment per share (which is uncommon) but I don't know such pool for BEE.
Activity: 23
February 18, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

I'm starting to wonder myself as I was getting less on updamoon but not half the amount but I have tried one of their other coin pools today and split my mining between that and another smaller pool with the same coin and have mined a lot less on their pool.  Around half the amount, just adding up quickly in my head.
February 18, 2014, 02:43:03 PM
COR you said "Your own rewards can be *calculated* from the network hash rate and your own hashing rate, that is the fraction of each block that
you should get, for example if your hash rate is 1/50,000 of network hash rate then you should get an average 2 coins for every block, so 4 coins per minute. (100k coins reward and 1/2 minute block time).
"

Isn't that a bit of an over simplification as some blocks are found quickly while others take a long time so the no. of pool shares and pool shares taken into account (depending how the pool works out how many shares to use) varies quite a lot.
It could take a while for any variance to average out.
Yep, it is a gross simplification, but this is how it should work when blocks are found at the designed rate (2 per minute).
Of course I have seen hours (on a small pool) until the next block was found and then the reward that was (almost) randomly given to that block is low, so you get almost nothing for many hours of work (electricity). Then it may happen that also the very next block is found in the same minute and if you were lucky to submit a few shares for that block and the reward is high, the payout is thoudands of coins for only a few seconds of work (electricity), but now we are talking about single occurrences and luck.
In the long run you do not get lucky, you get averages.
So, after a couple days mining on a pool that regularly finds blocks the statistics over a hundred or even thousands of blocks will get very close to the average, so you can calculate with the average as the coin is designed, the aveage network hash rate and your own hash rate.
The only reason that I have been so open with my hash rate and payouts is to give everyone a yardstick of performance over time - if they also were mining from the release of this coin, they should get comparable payouts (multiplied by their hash rate of course).
Especially when I noticed that no matter how slow or how busy SteadyMining was doing (going from a pool hash rate of around 10Mh/s in the beginning, then for a day it was only 2 Mh/s and now they are up to 65Mh/s (earlier yesterday evening even higher).
My payouts are now 135k BEE after 3 days and 3 hours of mining = 75 hours. I have 210kh/s so my payouts have been average 8.6 BEE per hour per kh/s. 135,000 / (75 x 210)
This means that the payouts has risen slightly - the last time it was closer to 8. Probably the network hash rate is a little lower now, so I get a slightly bigger part of the total block reward.
As I said - when I saw that my rewards with SteadyMining were very consistent for my fixed hashing rate, I started posting them and also the rate that I am getting on average - it slowly climbed from 7 to 8 BEE per hour per kh/s. Many other miners switched pool as a result, because the only way that they are not getting their payments in the long term is if the pool is not honest with their payouts. You can calculate how much you are getting, so even while you cannot prove that a pool is cheating, you can look at earnings over a longer time (more than a few lucky blocks) and then judge if their payouts are correct or you want to switch.
You are voting with your hashing power to dedicate it to the best (most honest) pool, that way.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
http://taas.fund
February 18, 2014, 12:35:37 PM
Don't forget the meme contest. Earn some coin:

☆ BEECOIN MEME CONTEST!☆ 5 Winners ☆ 10k BEE ☆ Much Buzz, Very Community

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/beecoin-meme-contest-5-winners-10k-bee-much-buzz-very-community-468832
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
February 18, 2014, 11:25:14 AM
Can anyone tell me what happened to the hop.to pool. All my coins were on there and it looks like there is no website or pool there anymore! What happened? I just want my coins.
Yeah, it started acting funny ever since yesterday. Glad I pulled out.
Sad seriously my coins are gone! It wasn't a lot only 50k but they were still my coins that I mined! What are my options?
How far away are you from Reno? Just kidding - the hopto.org registered company is:
http://pir.org/services/whois/?domain=hopto&submitted=1&Submit=Search
==========================================================
Registrant Organization:Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC
Registrant Street: 100 Washington St.
Registrant City:Reno
Registrant State/Province:NV
Registrant Postal Code:89503
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7758531883
So, you can try to call them during business hours (PST) or maybe find more info about them on the Internet.
Their domain is registered until next year, so that is not the problem, but it appears that they have a dynamic IP address,
so if their contract with NO-IP is not paid in time, they will lose their DNS and you cannot find their server's dynamic address.
Or NO-IP might have a technical glitch and is not properly forwarding to the correct address, I don't know.
You might occasionally try to open their main web page (hopto.org) and see if it continues to show NO-IP's or that hopto can be found.
Success!

EDIT: I checked the NO-IP website (free dynamic DNS service) and found that same phone nr as their support phone:
http://www.noip.com/support/
So, do not expect to talk to Vitalwerks when you dial that phone nr...
Which also brings me to another point: NO-IP is very strict in what they allow on their free dynamic DNS service.
So, if they judge (or their filters catch things they don't like) or get complaints about a user, they are quick to shut them off.
That might have happened to hopto, whether it was a real problem or not...
Hopefully they can resolve the issue with no-ip and come back online.

Thank you so much. I hope they fix it as well. I appreciate you looking into this for me.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
February 18, 2014, 11:11:56 AM
Good BEE!! BEE
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
February 18, 2014, 09:52:02 AM
sad to see the fairest coin for months ....then the scam pools come along and steal bees

In future only use the well known established old pools, even if they charge 2% better than getting scammed out of 30-50% of your mining proceeds.

Although good we are on to them now so we can remain watchful.
Activity: 252
I am looking for a dev!
February 18, 2014, 09:49:00 AM
Thank you ,for your bees.......
Activity: 7
February 18, 2014, 09:01:26 AM
good coin for mine
Activity: 23
February 18, 2014, 08:48:25 AM
COR you said "Your own rewards can be *calculated* from the network hash rate and your own hashing rate, that is the fraction of each block that
you should get, for example if your hash rate is 1/50,000 of network hash rate then you should get an average 2 coins for every block, so 4 coins per minute. (100k coins reward and 1/2 minute block time).
"

Isn't that a bit of an over simplification as some blocks are found quickly while others take a long time so the no. of pool shares and pool shares taken into account (depending how the pool works out how many shares to use) varies quite a lot.
It could take a while for any variance to average out.

Activity: 266
February 18, 2014, 04:07:21 AM
updamoon i could only mine at first day 100k bees where i could 250k with other pools...
Activity: 112
February 18, 2014, 03:18:45 AM
We have never encountered such an issue, and network hashrate is very unstable.
Our technical administrator are tracking this issue, He thinks this problem may be caused by delayed node.
Our other pools are normal.
Hi Maject,
The payouts to the miners will show if they get their expected shares. It is simple to calculate and compare.
Network hash rate is equal for all pools, so if one pool pays more for the same hash rate as another pool
over the same time period and it is long enough that luck is not an issue, then it becomes clear if a pool
has issues or is paying a fair share.
Good luck looking into the issues of your pool to find where the missing payouts went.

We have tried to solve this problem, but it takes time to observe results.

We are fair, Because we want long-term running. As you see, we continue to improve user experience.
February 18, 2014, 01:37:07 AM
Can anyone tell me what happened to the hop.to pool. All my coins were on there and it looks like there is no website or pool there anymore! What happened? I just want my coins.
Yeah, it started acting funny ever since yesterday. Glad I pulled out.
Sad seriously my coins are gone! It wasn't a lot only 50k but they were still my coins that I mined! What are my options?
How far away are you from Reno? Just kidding - the hopto.org registered company is:
http://pir.org/services/whois/?domain=hopto&submitted=1&Submit=Search
Registrant Organization:Vitalwerks Internet Solutions, LLC
Registrant Street: 100 Washington St.
Registrant City:Reno
Registrant State/Province:NV
Registrant Postal Code:89503
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.7758531883
So, you can try to call them during business hours (PST) or maybe find more info about them on the Internet.
Their domain is registered until next year, so that is not the problem, but it appears that they have a dynamic IP address,
so if their contract with NO-IP is not paid in time, they will lose their DNS and you cannot find their server's dynamic address.
Or NO-IP might have a technical glitch and is not properly forwarding to the correct address, I don't know.
You might occasionally try to open their main web page (hopto.org) and see if it continues to show NO-IP's or that hopto can be found.
Success!

EDIT: I checked the NO-IP website (free dynamic DNS service) and found that same phone nr as their support phone:
http://www.noip.com/support/
So, do not expect to talk to Vitalwerks when you dial that phone nr...
Which also brings me to another point: NO-IP is very strict in what they allow on their free dynamic DNS service.
So, if they judge (or their filters catch things they don't like) or get complaints about a user, they are quick to shut them off.
That might have happened to hopto, whether it was a real problem or not...
Hopefully they can resolve the issue with no-ip and come back online.
Activity: 424
February 18, 2014, 01:31:58 AM
Bee.idcray.com and to be more accurate, 2.85 Mh is my rig avg
Here's my last 4 transactions and times. Auto payout 20k
http://i.imgur.com/d0oe8R2.jpg
That pools claims to have 465 of the Network 790Mh/s (it is low now) which means that they are now the biggest pool.
Indeed, their stats show that they find more than every third block (38% of all blocks) on average,
so with the Network hash rate regularly jumping up to ~4Gh/s I can believe that their finding rate is correct.
Which means that you should get a payout of a few BEE into your pool wallet almost every minute.
However, your wallet shows amounts that are more than 3000 coins higher than the payout threshold.
Does this pool give special rewards that you can have more than 3000 coins payout so you get 23k in your wallet?
There is also a large period of no deposits - did you mine somewhere else in that time?
The last 4 deposits are with an interval of 33, 34 and 46 minutes = 113 min for 3 payments, avg 38 mins.
The avg payout was 23-20-21k, so just over 21k. This means a payout of over 33k per hour over those 2 hours.
Pretty good, since the total avg over all of BEE's lifetime (62 hours) is closer to 24k/h for your hashing power.
Of course, this shorter period can cause a skew of payouts, if for example the network hashing power is lower
for a larger portion of that time period then the payouts increase, because the diff lowers and you contribute
relative larger chunk of the work per block.

Yea I was mining solo for a bit. Pool was acting strange so I moved for the night.
No bonus, just 5 min pay interval and I can collect over the 20k during that 5 minutes.

Great analysis Cor2. Its a short time period so I'm sure it evens out over time. I'll check it out after 12 hours or so, but it feels like they're legit.  

February 18, 2014, 01:30:00 AM
Need more hash power at steadymining!
Actually SteadyMining has been doing great - possibly due to my comments about their fair payouts.
On Sunday they had been running a long time on a single block with only 2Mh/s so I did not get a payout for over 13 hours,
but when I did get the rewards, I got more than 10% of the whole block rewards, because my hashing power was over 10% of the pool.
Now the hashing power has increased many times to 88Mh/s which makes no difference in the rewards per day (since that is only dependent on your own hash power and network hash power, not on the pool hash power!) but I am getting more frequent smaller payouts.
So, instead of a payout of 8,000 after 13 hours, it is now a few hundred coins several times per hour.
I am OK with either, since the pool should not make a difference in the long run, I only wanted to help other miners finding a good pool
when I noticed other pools not paying their fair share...
Activity: 101
February 18, 2014, 01:23:06 AM
Need more hash power at steadymining!
February 18, 2014, 01:20:22 AM
Bee.idcray.com and to be more accurate, 2.85 Mh is my rig avg
Here's my last 4 transactions and times. Auto payout 20k
http://i.imgur.com/d0oe8R2.jpg
That pools claims to have 465 of the Network 790Mh/s (it is low now) which means that they are now the biggest pool.
Indeed, their stats show that they find more than every third block (38% of all blocks) on average,
so with the Network hash rate regularly jumping up to ~4Gh/s I can believe that their finding rate is correct.
Which means that you should get a payout of a few BEE into your pool wallet almost every minute.
However, your wallet shows amounts that are more than 3000 coins higher than the payout threshold.
Does this pool give special rewards that you can have more than 3000 coins payout so you get 23k in your wallet?
There is also a large period of no deposits - did you mine somewhere else in that time?
The last 4 deposits are with an interval of 33, 34 and 46 minutes = 113 min for 3 payments, avg 38 mins.
The avg payout was 23-20-21k, so just over 21k. This means a payout of over 33k per hour over those 2 hours.
Pretty good, since the total avg over all of BEE's lifetime (62 hours) is closer to 24k/h for your hashing power.
Of course, this shorter period can cause a skew of payouts, if for example the network hashing power is lower
for a larger portion of that time period then the payouts increase, because the diff lowers and you contribute
relative larger chunk of the work per block.
Pages:
Jump to: