Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 121. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Hi just to share my mining experience:
mining with the CGminer 3.11 mod and a R9 290 GPU . Speed is about 2.8Gh/s. win 8.1 64 bit, 8Gb RAM, CPU (dualcore Celeron G1610) is running 50% Sad
pool is eu1.blakecoin.com where now after many hours(due to the 140 Round Earnings confims needed) about every 3 hours > 10 Blakecoins start to drip into the 0.890 wallet.
so about 90 BLC per day.seems working smooth and GPU cool(due to the low 13 intensity?) .
R9 290 can run with Intensity 20 but CGminer 3.11 mod crasht when setting the intensity above the default 13 (which is more a 7950/7970 setting)

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
I will be interested in your products. Appropriate opportunities will buy some of the
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
I made an experimental change to the JTAG clock on the X6500, it may not work at all, but if it does then I'll see just how fast I can push it ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kft0qtlmdzr61f7/X6500-Robust-v07-t2-2core-155MHz-fmax-160MHz.bit

If it does work, then this one should overclock to 200MHz or more (the default clock is 155MHz).

Working for me, shares being accepted, clocks changing.
Activity: 384
I made an experimental change to the JTAG clock on the X6500, it may not work at all, but if it does then I'll see just how fast I can push it ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kft0qtlmdzr61f7/X6500-Robust-v07-t2-2core-155MHz-fmax-160MHz.bit

If it does work, then this one should overclock to 200MHz or more (the default clock is 155MHz).

fforforest: This one is not for the lancelot, so don't try it (it won't work and might damage it).
I got it working at last with cgminer and thanks for the mcs file, makes it alot easier for me.

Couldnt find a donation adress but thanks for your hard work and support!

Great. Be sure to play with the --cainsmore-clock parameter to find the best speed (it only boots up to 50MHz). You'll probably be able to get between 180 and 200MHz before it starts giving HW errors. I see around 750MHash/sec poolside with 195.

Donations are welcome at BYEE2FvGv4L3yt5aEr8BQ73oWzXMu59Fwz (I really ought to put it in my sig I suppose). No need for anything up front, try it for a while then decide what you'd like to contribute.
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I got it working at last with cgminer and thanks for the mcs file, makes it alot easier for me.

Couldnt find a donation adress but thanks for your hard work and support!
Yep this is mine on linux (passwords redacted)

./cgminer -T --cainsmore-clock 195 --icarus-timing 1.0=20 -S /dev/ttyUSB0 --verbose --url stratum+tcp://eu1.blakecoin.com:3334 --userpass user.worker:password --failover-only --url localhost:8772 --userpass user:password 2>log.txt &

The -T runs it in "text" mode which I use since it's running as a background job. You may find you need this on windows too as this version of cgminer sometimes crashes with a curses error on startup.

--cainsmore-clock 195 sets the clock speed. You'll need to use this to get the best performance else it runs very slowly by default. Leave it out for now though as finding the right value takes some time.

The failover is for solo mining. You may want to put another pool in there.

As blue said, the python miner works well but it is a bit more difficult to set up (you need to install python, plus pyserial and json), then edit the blakeminer.py script to set your pool details. It only works with getwork though. It may be worth trying this if you can't get cgminer working.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
on win7 x64 it shows as "USB Serial Port" and in details its a FTDI device

"direct usb" is from the newer cgminer version 3.2+ so is not relevant it is a FTDI chip on the board

I use something like this for the cm1 dont use it for Lancelot as I prefer the python miner super stable for me
cgminer --disable-gpu --icarus-timing 2.45 -S \\.\COM7
Soo I flashed them with impact, I think (it was not the same procedure as flashing ngzhang .mcs files).
But cgminer 3.1.1 with lancelot-mod cant find the device but its present in the device manager, and from my understanding it should be direct usb and not fdti right?

Yep, the bit file is a simpler process, but only lasts until you power cycle (so don't turn it off after programming). You can convert the bit file into mcs with impact, but I have a prebuilt one (here).

I've never actually tried running the device on windows myself. I run it on a raspi, where the device driver is already built into the kernel and it's recognised as a serial port. I assume it's the same in windows and you just need to identify the COM port and specify it on the command line with -S COMxx. I'll have to do a bit of googling to check, so I'll get back to you on this.

Ah, just saw you added this
Icarus Detect: Test failed at COM7: get 00000000, should: 00468bb4

So first check that it is sending work to the FPGA (the tx led just to the right of the usb connector should flash), it will be just the once when you first run cgminer. If it does, then it may be that you power cycled the device after programming? If so then reprogram it and leave it powered up (or use the MCS file to make it permanent, but this does take quite a lot longer to program).
Soo I flashed them with impact, I think (it was not the same procedure as flashing ngzhang .mcs files).
But cgminer 3.1.1 with lancelot-mod cant find the device but its present in the device manager, and from my understanding it should be direct usb and not fdti right?

With fdti:
Icarus Detect: Test failed at COM7: get 00000000, should: 00468bb4
Vote kramble for FPGA king  Grin

More of a Knave than a King I suspect (I'm really not that good at it, especially ISE which I'm back to fighting with), but thanks for the vote of confidence Grin
legendary
Solutions Architect
I vote kramble for FPGA king  Grin
I have a few lancelots I would like to use with blakecoin.
Should I use blakefourbufce-2core-ucf146-fmax154.bit?
Do I just flash in iMPACT as usual?
And which software should I use to mine?

Yes that's the one. You have a choice of two miners:

A python miner from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/MiningSoftware (just follow the README instructions).

A customised cgminer 3.1.1 from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/cgminer/cgminer-3.1.1 - you will need the Lancelot version (see link at the bottom of the README), or if compiling from source on linux, you need to uncomment LANCELOT_52 at the top of driver-icarus.c

Good luck with it

(EC with Blue, sorry)
legendary
Solutions Architect
Hello,

Regards

yep flash bitstream like normal and use the python miner by kramble with getwork or the modified cgminer by kramble with stratum
Hello,

Regards
legendary
Solutions Architect
hi, i want to buy BLC, if someone want to sell send pm

Use one of the exchanges to buy BLC
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
hi, i want to buy BLC, if someone want to sell send pm
Activity: 409
I left X6500-Robust-v05-2core-100MHz-fmax-103MHz.bit running overnight. Initial clock 120 max clock 150. Results in 500-630MHs pool side.

The max was probably a little on the high side. It would be useful to know what the clock actually settled at, though 630MHash/s implies a 158MHz clock.

My latest build is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsj16ho3mq5kav0/X6500-Robust-v05-2core-125MHz-fmax-110MHz-fail.bit

Don't be too put off by the "fail". I was trying for 125MHz which it did not meet, but the 110Mhz fmax will almost certainly clock higher than that. Its initializes to 125MHz (without the overclock setting).

I am having a hard time getting accurate readings over long periods of time, my ambient temps are changing drastically. Currently I see 300MHs pool side. MPBM clocks down the chips when temps exceed thresholds I have set.

158MHz sounds about right, I believe that is the highest I took it.
I left X6500-Robust-v05-2core-100MHz-fmax-103MHz.bit running overnight. Initial clock 120 max clock 150. Results in 500-630MHs pool side.

The max was probably a little on the high side. It would be useful to know what the clock actually settled at, though 630MHash/s implies a 158MHz clock.

My latest build is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsj16ho3mq5kav0/X6500-Robust-v05-2core-125MHz-fmax-110MHz-fail.bit

Don't be too put off by the "fail". I was trying for 125MHz which it did not meet, but the 110Mhz fmax will almost certainly clock higher than that. Its initializes to 125MHz (without the overclock setting).
Jump to: