Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 124. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin
Yes, a write up would be great.

I would much rather mine BLC than sell them.

On my Windows 7 Laptop, I can't even get the program.py to recognize the X6500.

Keeps saying no FT232 device found.
Activity: 409
Merit: 250
Thanks for the report. It would be useful to put together a guide to how to set these up.

I assume you are using my modified X6500 python miner (link). Does this work against the standard pools? I did get reports that it was not working (the script expects getwork to supply midstate, even though it's not actually needed, and it gives an error). I think I've got a fix for this (see post), but I'd want to get confirmation before updating the github.

Yes I am using your mine.py. I did make one edit to it per what you mentioned in this thread. I did not notice any issue, blocks were being found and submitted, but since you said it couldn't hurt to uncomment the line, I did so.

I did solo-mine, would have found two blocks.

But the base difficulty and golden nonce are off in mine.py for the coin so it counted the solved blocks as rejected.

There is an easy work-around, just uncomment line 104 of mine.py. This will submit all shares regardless of the difficulty target, which is harmless when solo mining, and since (AFAIK, Blue may want to chip in here) the blakecoin pools are currently fixed diff=1 (even though the dashboard may report higher), it should be OK there too.

A slightly more sophisticated fix would retain the subsequent CheckTarget() and logger calls, but always return True.

I have not tried to mine against any of the public pools, I will go try now and report back. I find it odd it wouldn't work, since I run against a private eloipool-blakecoin build, which afaik is the same software the pools use.

EDIT: Tested, I was unable to mine against ny1.blakecoin.com. "Error getting work! Retrying"
Activity: 384
I wonder why others are experiencing issues with the x6500 boards and blake? I have only loaded the bitstream once and have not experienced any issues with them. Speed ~400MHs.

Edit: Using krambles miner.py, his X6500-Robust-v04-2core-fmax-100MHz.bit, against eloipool-blake.

Thanks for the report. It would be useful to put together a guide to how to set these up.

I assume you are using my modified X6500 python miner (link). Does this work against the standard pools? I did get reports that it was not working (the script expects getwork to supply midstate, even though it's not actually needed, and it gives an error). I think I've got a fix for this (see post), but I'd want to get confirmation before updating the github.
I'll try again What driver do I need to do to allow ubuntu to see the x6500 I do not see an entry in the /dev folder.

I failed to get an x6500 running with a Win 7 64b host. I have yet to try it under linux. What has been working fine for me is a 32b Windows XP virtual machine, python 2.6, and PyUSB 1.6 for python 2.6.

I just tried to get it going on Ubuntu 12.04.3 and failed. "No module named d2xx".

Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
I have 3 X6500 FPGAs I am willing to part with for cheap.

@kramble: did you get these to work? At what speed?

They are a pain. you have to load the bitstreams all the time.

I wonder why others are experiencing issues with the x6500 boards and blake? I have only loaded the bitstream once and have not experienced any issues with them. Speed ~400MHs.

Edit: Using krambles miner.py, his X6500-Robust-v04-2core-fmax-100MHz.bit, against eloipool-blake.

I'll try again What driver do I need to do to allow ubuntu to see the x6500 I do not see an entry in the /dev folder.

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
just finished
http://eu2.blakecoin.com
http://sg1.blakecoin.com

you need to re register on these pools as it is using the new MPOS and has email based security
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

Activity: 725
Merit: 503

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
please add the coin to QoinPro
give the community possibility to get free coins daily
http://www.qoinpro.com/4d23445478b8724228194b5914b2fa57
Activity: 479
the problem i have now is that the wallet goes out of sync but never says so i have to randomly restart when i notice something is wrong never had a problem with 8.6 but im running 8.9 now this is annoying since im solomining

its a bug in the boost library and should be fixed in 0.9.0 by using boost 1.55, also check you are UTC/GMT time zone on your mining rig to avoid issues

so should i go back to the old client

can do but make sure you upgrade to 9.0

its worth noting that 8.6 was also built with boost 1.54 so does have the same bug as 8.9 not sure why its shows more on your system  Undecided

whats the eta on 9
legendary
Solutions Architect
the problem i have now is that the wallet goes out of sync but never says so i have to randomly restart when i notice something is wrong never had a problem with 8.6 but im running 8.9 now this is annoying since im solomining

its a bug in the boost library and should be fixed in 0.9.0 by using boost 1.55, also check you are UTC/GMT time zone on your mining rig to avoid issues

can do but make sure you upgrade to 9.0

its worth noting that 8.6 was also built with boost 1.54 so does have the same bug as 8.9 not sure why its shows more on your system  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1140
Merit: 1000
The Real Jude Austin

Make an offer or PM me.

I will ship anywhere in the US for free.

legendary
Solutions Architect

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Anyone interested in helping to get a Blakecoin banner image on pxlcoin.com, go here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blakecoin-pxl-banner-roundup-472126
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I use a standard atx high current psu to power Ztex 1.15y boards, 1m USB 2.0 A to Mini B 5 pin Cables, the boards I have came with a power lead but worth asking as the Ztex boards do have a weird power connector   

Thanks a lot for such info. Hope, everything would be fine with my FGPA blake miner) 

Hope you will get the board used. At new prices, with the current value this would be big risk in my opinion. Of course who knows where the value will go, with BLC on coinmarketcap and several exchanges,  things are looking up.

With several FPGA boards I would say it is worth trying solo mining and pool mining and see what performs better for you.

- Lyddite
legendary
Solutions Architect
I use a standard atx high current psu to power Ztex 1.15y boards, 1m USB 2.0 A to Mini B 5 pin Cables, the boards I have came with a power lead but worth asking as the Ztex boards do have a weird power connector   

Thanks a lot for such info. Hope, everything would be fine with my FGPA blake miner) 

if you get stuck or have any problem just ask  Smiley
Activity: 24
Merit: 0

Jump to: