Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 141. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

This may not appeal to some, but frankly, I'm in for the money.
I'm looking for something sustainable, looking to bring the coins to merchants as well as other nearby countries.
Currently, I've got access to a BITCOIN payment gateway system that already has merchants using it and I'm currently looking to add in LITECOIN as well as lately, there has been some interest in this part of the world.

Would love to also add BLAKECOIN however, we will need some form of exchange to allow merchants to convert to fiat.

For donations, maybe what we can do is to pull our resources together and have a bitcoin donation pool.

I don't see why you need a Bitcoin donation pool?

thought you had access to "I can tap on my pool of private investors and VCs to chip in and make this big" yet you ask the miners here first?   

Investors are not gamblers. They don't throw money at problems. They invest only if and when it makes sense for them to.
Activity: 34
Even without overclocking I get 2.644G on each card
I do agree everyone would get different results, one brand of card might do better then others.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
What % of rejected shares are you getting with intensity 14 on that 7970?

Maybe its time to update the info in the main post.
Im mining with my 7950 and getting stable 2.27GH/s with intensity 10 and gpu-engine 1125. I could go higher with the overclock but there are problems with cooling. Any higher intensity than 10 starts to give me small percentage of rejected shares.

Also I was solo mining for the past week and managed to get around 15% more coins than while pool mining a week before that. I didnt compare the difficulty for that period, but it should be more or less the same afaik.

anything over -I 12 has some issues on my rigs, it does not report correct speed it might be best to tweak to get best WU/m as these will be your shares on pool Wink

if you have a card and its working well and you get higher WU/m then great  Grin

24/7 I use -I 10 for my rigs

If you have a stable solo rig then you can't beat it Wink
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What % of rejected shares are you getting with intensity 14 on that 7970?

Maybe its time to update the info in the main post.
Im mining with my 7950 and getting stable 2.27GH/s with intensity 10 and gpu-engine 1125. I could go higher with the overclock but there are problems with cooling. Any higher intensity than 10 starts to give me small percentage of rejected shares.

Also I was solo mining for the past week and managed to get around 15% more coins than while pool mining a week before that. I didnt compare the difficulty for that period, but it should be more or less the same afaik.

Yes they are Overclocked. Getting 2.762 on each card now and temp is around 68C
So an average of 5.5G for 2 7970s

great results  Grin

could you share the setting/conf you are using and what speed is the GPU at?  Cool

Yes, I will share the settings. will post them soon.
The GPU is at 1175 right now.

These are the settings I am using:
GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100 ./cgminer --gpu-fan 100 --blake256 --thread-concurrency 8192 -g 2 -w 256 --gpu-powertune 20 -I 14 --api-listen --gpu-engine 1200 --gpu-memclock 300

I now get around 2.81G to 2.82G per GPU

great results  Grin

could you share the setting/conf you are using and what speed is the GPU at?  Cool

Yes, I will share the settings. will post them soon.
The GPU is at 1175 right now.
legendary
Solutions Architect

great results  Grin

In a test we got 2.702G on our 7970 cards.
Might see if we can get that higher.

good speed higher than others results is it overclocked?

legendary
Solutions Architect
In a test we got 2.702G on our 7970 cards.

good speed higher than others results is it overclocked?
legendary
Solutions Architect

I'm looking for something sustainable, looking to bring the coins to merchants as well as other nearby countries.
Currently, I've got access to a BITCOIN payment gateway system that already has merchants using it and I'm currently looking to add in LITECOIN as well as lately, there has been some interest in this part of the world.

Would love to also add BLAKECOIN however, we will need some form of exchange to allow merchants to convert to fiat.

For donations, maybe what we can do is to pull our resources together and have a bitcoin donation pool.

I don't see why you need a Bitcoin donation pool?

thought you had access to "I can tap on my pool of private investors and VCs to chip in and make this big" yet you ask the miners here first?   
In a test we got 2.762G on our 7970 cards. so a 5.5G with dual 7970s
I'ld love to help out with blakecoins some how, some where. Other than an exchange, what else is there? Mining pool? payment gateway? If someone can point me in the right direction, I should be able to gather the necessary resources. Anyone wants to chip in is very much welcome :-)

I've access to developers, dedicated servers, data centers, even willing to pay third party security auditors. The developers are primarily .Net though.
If you are willing to spend money on blakecoin why not make a 'donation' to cryptsy to get it listed there? I think it would be the cheapest and the most effective way of promoting the coin.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I'ld love to help out with blakecoins some how, some where. Other than an exchange, what else is there? Mining pool? payment gateway? If someone can point me in the right direction, I should be able to gather the necessary resources. Anyone wants to chip in is very much welcome :-)

I've access to developers, dedicated servers, data centers, even willing to pay third party security auditors. The developers are primarily .Net though.
If you are willing to spend money on blakecoin why not make a 'donation' to cryptsy to get it listed there? I think it would be the cheapest and the most effective way of promoting the coin.
check your pm

Dual core, 1GB ram, SSD/raid this is about min spec
100Mbit internet (all my servers are on 1Gbit)
Bandwidth is not that high avg webserver load, database stress is quite high

Yep, yes noticed your PM and replied. We continue from email until there are meaningful updates to post back here.
Anyone else interested to chip in, do PM me as well.

Many thanks.
legendary
Solutions Architect
check your pm

Dual core, 1GB ram, SSD/raid this is about min spec
100Mbit internet (all my servers are on 1Gbit)
Bandwidth is not that high avg webserver load, database stress is quite high
I am working on getting the pool software stable will release a setup/run scripts and mpos front end once I am finished

Great!!!
Let me know the server hardware and bandwidth requirements.

I believe we also need a mobile wallet to support actual usage of the coin (other than payment gateway of course).
Anyway with iOS or Android development experience can help chip in here. If not, I can try to see if there are freelance I can tap on and pay them to do it.

Anyway to continue this conversation via whatsapp, email, hangouts, Google groups or something?
legendary
Solutions Architect
I am working on getting the pool software stable will release a setup/run scripts and mpos front end once I am finished

my github
https://github.com/BlueDragon747?tab=repositories

should all be in first post here

server are all linux best to use ubuntu 12.04 x64  Cool

Its great you want to help, thanks. I think what's most needed now is another pool or two, then maybe a site with charts/ statistics of network, or eventually a market place for blakecoin. Those are my suggestions anyways

How do I go about setting up a pool. Can anyone here point me in the right direction? A few questions:
- I can use MPOS for the front-end right?
- What backend can I use and if there is a Windows based backend?
- What are the pre-requisite for servers?

Other ways I think I can chip in:
- I can help in the marketing side like getting merchants to adopt blakecoin if there is a payment gateway available or if we can setup one.
- Provide an ecommerce shopping cart that takes blakecoin for people to sell their products? I've experience developing and running ecommerce sites

This may not appeal to some...but honestly, if there is money to be made, I can tap on my pool of private investors and VCs to chip in and make this big.

Many thanks in advance and let me know if you have ideas.
legendary
Solutions Architect

more servers would be useful, I can help with the setup if running ubuntu 12.04 x64

also a CUDA miner for Nvidia cards would be awesome  Grin
Activity: 274
Merit: 254

Its great you want to help, thanks. I think what's most needed now is another pool or two, then maybe a site with charts/ statistics of network, or eventually a market place for blakecoin. Those are my suggestions anyways
Jump to: