Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 144. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
Oh, come on. This is not one of those pump and dump coins. Blakecoin is actually innovative and has a completely different hashing algorithm than the other common clones. If shitty coins like ftc or trc made it to a major exchange this one will as well. Just give it some time and enjoy low mining competition in the meanwhile ;]

exactly. innovative coins don't need exchanges. they have value just because they are unique Wink
amazing blockchain and hashing speed! vgas are cool&quiet. lower electricity costs longer vga lives!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Oh, come on. This is not one of those pump and dump coins. Blakecoin is actually innovative and has a completely different hashing algorithm than the other common clones. If shitty coins like ftc or trc made it to a major exchange this one will as well. Just give it some time and enjoy low mining competition in the meanwhile ;]
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Bluedragon, thanks for the status update I'm glad to hear you are making steady progress. I'm not sure which link exactly my friend downloaded cgminer from but it was version 3.3.1-yac2 (he's got the right one working now), but thanks for making a note to clarify. I think if u compile cgminer on Ubuntu 12.04 that would be pretty widely compatible, I'm on 64bit linux. On another note, this looks very interesting: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=31813471

I wish I was skilled at coding so I could help with this kind of stuff, but do you think this would be possible to implement in blakecoin? It would be awesome feature Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Did you see Skeincoin thread? They're probably going on cryptsy soon... Skeincoin is nearly same as Blakecoin, but has no FPGA support. And that's at least one point more for Blakecoin. Do more advertise on your local country forums. I've done that already...

BR

7950 184MH/s Skeincoin
7950 2.04GH/s Blakecoin

power inefficient compared with Blake-256!

SHA-256 is faster and more power efficient than Skein  Tongue

you are most welcome to ask BigVern how a coin gets on cryptsy  Wink

"Do more advertise"
if I get the time I always try but not easy

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Did you see Skeincoin thread? They're probably going on cryptsy soon... Skeincoin is nearly same as Blakecoin, but has no FPGA support. And that's at least one point more for Blakecoin. Do more advertise on your local country forums. I've done that already...

BR
legendary
Solutions Architect
Bluedragon, can you please update the cgminer link on blakecoin.org? I was telling my friend about blc but he couldn't get mining working since he'd downloaded the outdated version on the website. I know the correct version Is in the first post of this thread, but not everyone will realise that, thanks.

Also I was wondering how that wallet update is going. Do you have a rough outline of your future goals for Blakecoin development? I would like to see Linux binaries for the GPU cgminer on the first post, I have not had success compiling it and prefer to mine on Linux, as I'm sure many others would too. It would be much appreciated.

same link on OP as on Blakecoin.org Huh

I made a note next to the older cgminer version by melnikalex to make it more clear you should download the pool version by kr105 which is latest for GPU

mingw + boost 1.55 has issues with bootstrap.bat on windows so I am still working on that  Undecided  

I have not looked into compiling binaries for the GPU cgminer on Linux and if I did it would be for ubuntu 12.04 only would that be ok?

currently I have plans to release another pool in New York but getting the pool code stable first and updated on github, also need to retest my setup/run scripts for Eliopool on ubuntu 12.04 and release those on github

the main website is getting merged with a block explorer on a new server but that has taken longer than planed due to other stuff
Bluedragon, can you please update the cgminer link on blakecoin.org? I was telling my friend about blc but he couldn't get mining working since he'd downloaded the outdated version on the website. I know the correct version Is in the first post of this thread, but not everyone will realise that, thanks.

Also I was wondering how that wallet update is going. Do you have a rough outline of your future goals for Blakecoin development? I would like to see Linux binaries for the GPU cgminer on the first post, I have not had success compiling it and prefer to mine on Linux, as I'm sure many others would too. It would be much appreciated.
legendary
Solutions Architect
can someone tell me how is the owner of www.blakecoinpool.org or at least post his email address. My account is locked, and there is no contact given on the support page.

pm kr105 he is running that pool
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/kr105-12229

thank you very much Smiley

no problem

kr105 is from Chile so might be some time zone issues, let me know if you are still having problems and I can try contacting him too, he is a cool guy just not that easy to contact Wink
Activity: 19
can someone tell me how is the owner of www.blakecoinpool.org or at least post his email address. My account is locked, and there is no contact given on the support page.

thank you very much Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect

Activity: 19
legendary
Solutions Architect
Who decides which coin gets on exchange?

the people running the exchanges  Undecided

good news is that ebay uk is going to allow virtual currency's from 10th Feb
http://www.coindesk.com/ebay-uk-virtual-currency-february/

not sure if other regions will be added at same time?
Activity: 11
Who decides which coin gets on exchange?
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Ok, thanks, I'm going to try some of that next week.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Then it crashes... Sad

Yep, if you're running on windows, the curses display code is rather buggy. It seems to crash if there is any attempt to write to the display during the initialization process (typically due to errors). As Blue suggested, try the -T switch and redirect the output to a log file by adding 2>log.txt to the command line. Examine the log for error/warning messages.

[EDIT] Ah, just noticed "[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468A8A-1: capability missing: 0 7", which is not right. Looks like you've got an older (or newer?) version of the firmware installed on the Cypress EZ-USB chip. If its an older one, it may be worth updating to the latest firware from http://www.ztex.de/btcminer/ - I guess its ztex_ufm1_15d4.ihx you want (for the 1.15x board which I assume you're using).

[EDIT2] But perhaps this is normal for the 1.15x? (I don't have one). The 0 7 comes from libztex_checkCapability(ztex, CAPABILITY_MULTI_FPGA), so its just checking if its a multi-fpga board. I'll need to dig around a bit more in the code ... OK, it looks like its a non-fatal error, so perhaps its just crashing due to the curses bug (FYI CAPABILITY_MULTI_FPGA is buried deep in the ztex firmware API, vis ztex-fpga5.h which states it was added for the 1.15y so is likely to be missing in older firmware versions). See if it actually works with the -T switch without updating the firmware first. And a further thought, if its an older firmware it may not be loading ztex_ufm1_15d4.bit so you'll need to check which one it is loading (just move/rename all but that one and see if it errors). Its possible that the d4 blake bitstream will work if renamed to d1/d3, though AFAIR there is a comms protocol change so perhaps unlikely. Looks like the firmware upgrade may be required after all.

The cgminer version you are using is the current one (the source code has been updated since, but this is only to support the Lancelot board as an alternative build to the Cairnsmore CM1).

Best of Luck
legendary
Solutions Architect
I think it would be better if you would contribute your development skills and resources to blakecoin rather than making a derivative. its flattering that you want to use blakecoin as a base, but what benefit is there to splitting efforts? blakecoin is still young and could use your help to gain traction. just my 2 cents

I don't think that another blake-256 based coin is an issue if it is merge mine capable, I am happy to help but the dev's do need to take some advice and not just clone Blakecoin  Wink
legendary
Solutions Architect

Trying this on windows...

Code:
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A32DC7CA-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 0
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468A8A-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468A8A-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 1
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468E2F-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468E2F-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 2
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346DF0A-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346DF0A-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 3
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346E2B9-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346E2B9-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 4

Then it crashes... Sad

I found that if I tried to run too many ztex boards per cgminer it just crashes, try 4 lx150 chips per cgminer and see if it still crashes?

you can also add -T to cgminer.conf and it also runs more boards
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Improved Ztex 1.15x bitstream (168-180MHz) will be available soon (max tomorrow).

Via PM (thanks)

Fresh, new faster bitstream is available.

Results:
Ztex 1.15x clone - grade 2 chip: 168MHz stable with 0 HW, 7.6W power with 40mm fan
Ztex 1.15x         - grade 3 chip: 180MHz stable with 0 HW, 8.7W power with 40mm fan (360MH/s).

I'll do another attempt to hit 200MHz.

Bitstream is at https://www.dropbox.com/s/polv7bu899w4bmi/hal7_ztex_ufm1_15d4_2core_v03.bit

I'll update the github tomorrow.

Trying this on windows... with this old one, do I need a newer?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f34zwu3oek0rj4m/cgminer.exe

Code:
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A32DC7CA-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 0
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468A8A-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468A8A-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 1
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468E2F-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A3468E2F-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 2
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346DF0A-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346DF0A-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 3
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346E2B9-1: capability missing: 0 7
[2014-01-15 11:12:42] ZTEX 04A346E2B9-1: Found Ztex (fpga count = 1) , mark as 4

Then it crashes... Sad
Hi, We are working on our own Blakecoin derived coin called MikuCoin.
Might take some time to get the kinks out of it since Blakecoin is new it self.

Will be keeping things up to date.

Also to note, MikuCoin has been worked on and restarted a few times over the last 9 months.
Newer and or better ideas that we prefer to base our coin on come out. Now we do feel that blake256 is the way to go.

http://www.mikucoin.org

I think it would be better if you would contribute your development skills and resources to blakecoin rather than making a derivative. its flattering that you want to use blakecoin as a base, but what benefit is there to splitting efforts? blakecoin is still young and could use your help to gain traction. just my 2 cents
Activity: 34
Hi, We are working on our own Blakecoin derived coin called MikuCoin.
Might take some time to get the kinks out of it since Blakecoin is new it self.

Will be keeping things up to date.

Also to note, MikuCoin has been worked on and restarted a few times over the last 9 months.
Newer and or better ideas that we prefer to base our coin on come out. Now we do feel that blake256 is the way to go.

http://www.mikucoin.org
Jump to: