Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 162. (Read 409569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Blake's 7 is a old BBC SciFi Show http://blakes7.com/

1/2 Wink because I don't really think BlueDragon wants to take the coin that way. The scficoin exchange if for Sf Themed coins. (ok OFF is more horror but I'm not going to argue with an Elder God)

BlueDragon did mention that he's developing a MMORPG or similar and wanted to use BlakeCoin as the in-game currency, so it may be relevant after all. And I'm old enough to have seen the entire Blake 7 on its initial transmission (wobbly sets and all).

If BlakeCoin becomes SF themed on it's own that works just fine. The exchange can be another way to get Blake let the market decide how many Blakes will buy a bar of Gold Pressed Latinum.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250

1/2 Wink because I don't really think BlueDragon wants to take the coin that way. The scficoin exchange if for Sf Themed coins. (ok OFF is more horror but I'm not going to argue with an Elder God)

BlueDragon did mention that he's developing a MMORPG or similar and wanted to use BlakeCoin as the in-game currency, so it may be relevant after all. And I'm old enough to have seen the entire Blake 7 on its initial transmission (wobbly sets and all).
legendary
Well I did not disconnect overnight like I normally do. No orphan blocks mined. Seems much better now.
legendary

still getting quite a few (high-hash) errors on the pool  Huh

Yep, its going through cycles of working OK, then high-hash, then working OK again. The "high-hash" message is in the JSON returned by the pool, not generated locally in cgminer. Interestingly I've seen my worker change between diff=2 and diff=4 on the pool dashboard, but cgminer always reports diff=2 as the target.

I've also taken a look at the calc_diff code in cgminer, and the diff1target in submit_share. I think this is just cosmetic, the miner is actually using the standard target sent by the pool (which must be for a 0x000000007fffffff hash I guess since its diff=2).
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
still getting quite a few (high-hash) errors on the pool  Huh
legendary
Well if it was Blakes7coin could probably get it into SciFiCoin exchange that is opening in Jan. 1/2 Grin
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
What next? A bounty for an exchange? Cheesy
legendary
Found a block 9 Hrs 55 min. Now to see if I get disconnected and get orphan blocks. I hope not.
I'm still looking into the possible causes of the errors, I will let you know if I get something! Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
Not sure yet normally find a block every 2 hrs or so.  It's over 7 hrs no block. but that's not all that out of line if it goes 18+ I'll be very worried.

More people testing means higher diff so that and normal variance can be the reason.

Anyone found a block Solo on a FPGA with the new code?

just found a 4.57k solo with the new code on the ztex 1.15y will also check cm1 overnight, it also looks as good as the GPU cgminer 3.7.2 on the pool  Cool

Edit:
and a 5.83k solo on the cm1 so the new version is working solo on both ztex/cm1  Grin
legendary
Not sure yet normally find a block every 2 hrs or so.  It's over 7 hrs no block. but that's not all that out of line if it goes 18+ I'll be very worried.

More people testing means higher diff so that and normal variance can be the reason.

Anyone found a block Solo on a FPGA with the new code?
legendary
Solutions Architect
yay pool is working again  Grin

Edit:
gone back to (high-hash)  Cry

Edit2:

GPU and cm1/ztex 1.15y fpga's all working on pool nope gone back to (high-hash) again  Undecided

got a few blocks in when it was working though  Cool

Edit3:

Shocked
legendary
Solutions Architect
Keep an eye on your miners, I think I solved the issue but please confirm yourselves.

Rejected (high-hash)  Huh

at least its a new message  Cheesy
Keep an eye on your miners, I think I solved the issue but please confirm yourselves.
legendary
Thanks
Kept the old one just in case. Cheesy
Trying out the new miner on solo.
Please push your code, maybe we can use yours instead of mine as "official" cgminer for now.

No, it does not include the OPENCL code so its only useful for FPGA mining. Your code is probably the better base for general use (and its better quality as my code is quite badly hacked around as I didn't know how to modify the makefiles at the time).
same shift as Bitcoin/Litecoin from Blakecoin wallet 0.8.6

only the work limit is different
Bitcoin has 2^32
Litecoin has 2^20
Blakecoin has 2^24

OK, I am confused then. I'll have to go and have a look at the code and think about this.

AS I commented above (in the EDIT), do you want my to push my current 3.1.1 miner up onto github now (and dropbox for the windows binary) or wait until I've got to the bottom of what I need to do difficulty-wise?
Please push your code, maybe we can use yours instead of mine as "official" cgminer for now.
happy to test the windows binary for now  Cool

btw your FPGA code consistently gets higher shares than my GPU's maybe its just lucky code Wink

OK its here https://www.dropbox.com/s/7nufm2dhe4csrs6/cgminer.exe

I'll update the github in the next few minutes (I need to update the README with the windows binary link as well).

PS Thanks! Lady Fate has been blowing hot and cold at me recently (like that bitcoin block would have been worth $20k if mined solo, still it'd probably have ended up as an orphan, c'est la vie!)
Jump to: