Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 163. (Read 409569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
same shift as Bitcoin/Litecoin from Blakecoin wallet 0.8.6

only the work limit is different
Bitcoin has 2^32
Litecoin has 2^20
Blakecoin has 2^24

OK, I am confused then. I'll have to go and have a look at the code and think about this.

AS I commented above (in the EDIT), do you want my to push my current 3.1.1 miner up onto github now (and dropbox for the windows binary) or wait until I've got to the bottom of what I need to do difficulty-wise?

happy to test the windows binary for now  Cool

btw your FPGA code consistently gets higher shares than my GPU's maybe its just lucky code Wink
Activity: 384
Merit: 250

Bitcoin has 2^32
Litecoin has 2^20
Blakecoin has 2^24

OK, I am confused then. I'll have to go and have a look at the code and think about this.

AS I commented above (in the EDIT), do you want my to push my current 3.1.1 miner up onto github now (and dropbox for the windows binary) or wait until I've got to the bottom of what I need to do difficulty-wise?
legendary
Solutions Architect
I did change the shift in the wallet as it was incorrect in early release version it now matches a 29 shift like Bitcoin
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin/blob/master/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L31

the shift reduced the difficulty by a multiple of 256 so you can see kramble's point 65536/256 = 256

the other value that is different to Bitcoin/Litecoin is the bnProofOfWorkLimit
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L38

The thing that's confusing me a little is that the genesis block matches to a target of 0x000000FF (it actually hashes to 0x000000BA), then when you changed the shift I used the same hash target as bitcoin 0x00000000 for the fpga mining code.

So it appears to me that we've currently got the same diff=1 target as bitcoin. But maybe I'm just confused about this.

Bitcoin has 2^32
Litecoin has 2^20
Blakecoin has 2^24
I did change the shift in the wallet as it was incorrect in early release version it now matches a 29 shift like Bitcoin
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin/blob/master/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L31

the shift reduced the difficulty by a multiple of 256 so you can see kramble's point 65536/256 = 256

The thing that's confusing me a little is that the genesis block matches to a target of 0x000000FF (it actually hashes to 0x000000BA), then when you changed the shift I used the same hash target as bitcoin 0x00000000 for the fpga mining code.

So it appears to me that we've currently got the same diff=1 target as bitcoin. But maybe I'm just confused about this.

EDIT Looking at the calc_diff() function, this has changed significantly from cgminer 3.1.1 to 3.7 and I'm going to have to have a good hard think about what's happening in there to back-port the "d64 *= (double)16777216" change.

I'm kinda tempted just to push up my current code as it seems to be working (I'm running a bit short of time today). Any thoughts or should I just leave it to tomorrow?
legendary
Solutions Architect
I was unsure if this was due to a bug on my cgminer implementation or on the pool, now that you tested your own working cgminer and it didn't work too i will take a further look on the pool.

The only changes I made were the single sha256 in gen_hash() plus the diff1targ in test_nonce() which is actually done directly in submit_nonce in cgminer 3.1.1

The only query I have is about set_target() line 5976 (of your cgminer.c) which has ...

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

I wonder if this needs to be (double)256 for blake?
I got it like this on my cgminer:
https://github.com/kR105/cgminer/blob/3.7/cgminer.c#L3140

Ah. I missed that one entirely (but it does seem to be working without it). I'll put it in and see it it makes any difference.

I'll admit that I'm rather twiddling in the dark here as I haven't analyzed the code to work out exactly what the difficulty/target code is actually doing. Though I am a little concerned that you're apparently using base 256 as the diff1 target while this was actually changed to base 0 in an early patch release of the blake wallet (if I'm recalling correctly, bluedragon may want to chip in here).

I was unsure if this was due to a bug on my cgminer implementation or on the pool, now that you tested your own working cgminer and it didn't work too i will take a further look on the pool.

The only changes I made were the single sha256 in gen_hash() plus the diff1targ in test_nonce() which is actually done directly in submit_nonce in cgminer 3.1.1

The only query I have is about set_target() line 5976 (of your cgminer.c) which has ...

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

Ah. I missed that one entirely (but it does seem to be working without it). I'll put it in and see it it makes any difference.

I'll admit that I'm rather twiddling in the dark here as I haven't analyzed the code to work out exactly what the difficulty/target code is actually doing. Though I am a little concerned that you're apparently using base 256 as the diff1 target while this was actually changed to base 0 in an early patch release of the blake wallet (if I'm recalling correctly, bluedragon may want to chip in here).
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
Ok thanks, I will run a diff to see if I can find any other important change.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Bluedragon, what bitcoin version did you use as base?

main line 0.8.5 official release not the beta
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/tree/0.8.5

my prototype was in 0.8.3 but I only ported my changes over to 0.8.5
Bluedragon, what bitcoin version did you use as base?

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

I notice the else if for the opt_blake256 @ line 3139 to set the difficulty for the option switch in calc_diff but not in set_target at line 5976 does it not need an else if for the option switch?
I just tried this on the last H-non-zero wave, but it didn't worked.
legendary
Solutions Architect

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

I notice the else if for the opt_blake256 @ line 3139 to set the difficulty for the option switch in calc_diff but not in set_target at line 5976 does it not need an else if for the option switch?
Activity: 266
hi, I'm trying to undermine, but I get only reject H-NOT-ZERO: (

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

if (opt_scrypt)
      d64 *= (double)65536;

legendary
Solutions Architect

it was at the start of working on block 37208 just after we solved block 37207

lasted about 5-10 minutes then it came back to block 37208 and was normal again
not the first time I have seen this H-not-zero error but last time it resolved itself  Undecided

And the very moment I read that, the pool ramped back up again (possibly at a new block as its now on 37208). All working perfectly again Roll Eyes

And its gone off again, in mid block 37212 rather than at a new block (I was watching it).
legendary
Solutions Architect
yeah it recovers but is definitely a pool bug of some sort, "H-not-zero means the hash of the header isn't zero for the first 32-bits." but why would it be so random like you said same difficulty  Huh

Well the pool is currently showing 0GH/s and pool invalids are climbing rapidly. Pool failure methinks.

Good news guys, the pool fee has been lowered from 7% to 3% !

getting H-not-zero errors on the pool atm  Huh
I got them too, I'm not sure if it is a bug on cgminer or the pool, I'm looking at this now.

ok working again  Cheesy
It seems to trigger with a certain target threshold btw, as I have not done anything yet Tongue

not the first time I have seen this H-not-zero error but last time it resolved itself  Undecided
yeah it recovers but is definitely a pool bug of some sort, "H-not-zero means the hash of the header isn't zero for the first 32-bits." but why would it be so random like you said same difficulty  Huh

Well the pool is currently showing 0GH/s and pool invalids are climbing rapidly. Pool failure methinks.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Awesome  Grin

I think I spoke too soon. Its just started kicking out "H-not-zero" errors and stopped accepting shares (all now being rejected by the pool). Not at a diff change either as we're on block 37307 according to the pool. Restarting cgminer hasn't helped, its just seems broken Sad

Then again, I think its the pool that's died, according to the dashboard.

yeah it recovers but is definitely a pool bug of some sort? "H-not-zero means the hash of the header isn't zero for the first 32-bits." but why would it be so random like you said same difficulty  Huh
Jump to: