Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 86. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
A new attack is being done against the merged pools called block withholding any user/users doing this will get a permanent ban + any funds will be donated to pool

I have flagged 6 users on LA1, NY2, EU3 which I am monitoring atm it does take awhile to find users and check data as I need to work out there stats average anything over a 200% unlucky will be flagged as suspicious and added to list most of these users seem to be based in china and are quite new to the pools  Undecided

I know there are some good people in china that are not doing anything bad but a few bad apples are giving the whole country a bad rep and I would hate to ban the whole region from my pools just because of them Cry
legendary
Solutions Architect
@BlueDragon747 what are the chances of UFC (FederationCredits) becoming merge-mined with BlakeCoin.  I know it fails on one of your criteria - it has a premine, but this is what I would call an honest premine.

UFC would be my only exception to the premine rule as it was not for the dev its was given back to the addresses from old chain and dreamwatcher has contributed to the Blakecoin community with an excellent block explorer also it was made prior to any rules being set for merged coins  

It still needs auxpow adding and then testing as the hashing is not exactly the same(which may prevent it from working) but work gen is a single sha-256 so has more chances of working imho than some other coins but still no one knows for sure until it has auxpow and can be tested but I would be happy to test it and if it works would be happy to add it to merge
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
@BlueDragon747 what are the chances of UFC (FederationCredits) becoming merge-mined with BlakeCoin.  I know it fails on one of your criteria - it has a premine, but this is what I would call an honest premine.

there was some discusssion about that when UFC first came out as a blake. but there are other differences that prevent it.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
@BlueDragon747 what are the chances of UFC (FederationCredits) becoming merge-mined with BlakeCoin.  I know it fails on one of your criteria - it has a premine, but this is what I would call an honest premine.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Oh ok, I see. (thanks for a thorough explanation)...
legendary
Solutions Architect
Is SaffronCoin going to be added to the blakecoin.com pool as a merge-mine?

Nope because it does not have auxpow I spoke with the dev he may add it sometime in the future but not now!

but still it also has other issues imho, the merkle root is not a blake-256 hash and the work gen is not a single sha-256 its uses a double so untested no one knows if it will work even if he adds auxpow to his wallet, so due to it not being based on the Blakecoin/Photon source it may never work it needs to be tested and you cant test it without auxpow!

Note:
You cannot merge any coin it needs to be compatible have auxpow and use the same type of hashing in the wallet not just the pow hash but all the hashing, anything else may NOT work!

It took me a few months of research and testing to get Photon merged and all of the other merged coins are based off that code so yeah it looks far too easy when its quite a complex specification: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification
legendary
Activity: 1120
Is SaffronCoin going to be added to the blakecoin.com pool as a merge-mine?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Been getting alot of requests to be merged onto the Blake block chain from both new dev's and old, so many I have had to turned some down and after the last few releases I have learned alot and the community has been great to tell me what they want and don’t want in.

First for new coin's ground rules:-

1. No Premine
2. No IPO
3. No Illegal coins
4. No Copyright coins
5. No Drug related coins
6. No National coins
7. No asking for peoples ID (passport, ID cards etc.)

Community/Town/City coins are fine.

All new coins will need to send me the wallets first so I can set-up the pools before release so ppl don’t complain about it being released only on one pool first etc

Now Old Coins, a number of coin dev's for POW/POS have asked to be merged mine (for security reasons), I do not have a problem with this however a number of changes are required to make old wallets with diff algo's compatible, there are no guides/walkthroughs etc so you must contact me and I will help the best I can.

As most of you are aware there is a limited number of coins that can be merged mined on the Blake block chain, already chainIDs:1,4,6,8,9,10,11 have not been released yet they have been reserved for dev's who have asked to be included in the merge at some point in time in the future so if you want a ChainID you need to contact me ASAP before I run out of chainID's.

Of course you are also welcome to get the pool code from my github and merge whatever coins you like just dont expect support. Code is provided as is its up to the dev/pool operator to configure however He/She wants including alternatives to the MPOS front end, please remember to use a new merkle root and try to use unique magic value for main network and a unique chainid to avoid any crosstalk between networks  

you should know better Jude and what I most disliked was that you did not contact me yet claimed it was going to be merged and you did not include the auxpow code  Shocked

the lack of credits to Blakecoin in the source code just shows a bad find and replace job  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1140
The Real Jude Austin
Activity: 521
Great, thanks everybody for helping out.
legendary
Solutions Architect
It's not a that ByronP doesn't want to list it. but needs specific info about wallet code (not public) until that happens he can't not won't.

This is my understanding of the issue. from the chatbox

Can someone talk to Byron for me?  I can't seem to get him interested in listing ELT at Atomic.
I'll put in a word on their trollbox later, don't know if it'll help much, I'm not a big user there.

Its same code as Photon so it does have the feature he is looking for surely Byron knows this?

I will chat with him about this when I see him online

Edit:
Spoke with Byron he has just has been busy will add ELT just give him a few days  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
It's not a that ByronP doesn't want to list it. but needs specific info about wallet code (not public) until that happens he can't not won't.

This is my understanding of the issue. from the chatbox

Can someone talk to Byron for me?  I can't seem to get him interested in listing ELT at Atomic.
I'll put in a word on their trollbox later, don't know if it'll help much, I'm not a big user there.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Can someone talk to Byron for me?  I can't seem to get him interested in listing ELT at Atomic.
Activity: 521
Activity: 411
Merit: 250
these are other coins. here quite low capitalization and for large pools they are useless. Thanks for an action with Elt)))
legendary
Solutions Architect
Thanks for the quick reply, is it also possible to get payed out in bitcoins directly? Or am I asking stupid questions now..Tongue

more coins due to be added to merge so its upto you to convert at current price via one of the exchanges no direct bitcoin payout  Cheesy

Wil there be any in the near future, like wafflepool or clevermining. Multipools mining blake algorithm, but payout in bitcoin?

not by myself maybe some other devs in the future
Activity: 182
To the MOOOON
Thanks for the quick reply, is it also possible to get payed out in bitcoins directly? Or am I asking stupid questions now..Tongue

more coins due to be added to merge so its upto you to convert at current price via one of the exchanges no direct bitcoin payout  Cheesy

Wil there be any in the near future, like wafflepool or clevermining. Multipools mining blake algorithm, but payout in bitcoin?
legendary
Solutions Architect

Activity: 182
To the MOOOON
legendary
Solutions Architect
Is there a multipool for BLAKE256 mining?

The pools are true merge mined e.g you mine all the coins at same time with same hashing power

Merged Mining Pools *Currently BLC+PHO+Ƀ+XDQ+ELT

http://eu3.blakecoin.com
http://ny2.blakecoin.com
http://la1.blakecoin.com
http://cg1.blakecoin.com
Pages:
Jump to: