Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 84. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Hey Blue, how about making the Blakecoin wallet support other Blake-coins too?
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
try:
cudaminer.exe --algo=blake -L 512 -T1000x32

T kernel is for Maxwell (750Ti), 770 is Kepler.

might be best to ask in cuda thread very few are using nvidia cards and I dont have any to test here either  Cry

if you do get something working can you post your results thanks  Smiley

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
try:

T kernel is for Maxwell (750Ti), 770 is Kepler.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
Also I am trying to run this on my Radeon HD 5850 and Cgminer will start but then it goes to a command prompt screen that is all black and nothing happens

Now I am getting rejected H-Not-Zero error

you might also give it a shot @

https://blake.suprnova.cc

as I might have a slight different implementation than BlueDragon...
legendary
Solutions Architect

Is what I ended up with. Works for me

Now you can see how much I sock away on the coin

Nice  Cool

Is there a compiled miner I can use for my NVidia 780Ti?

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1372-download-cudaminer-nvidia-gpu-miner-with-blake-256-support/

But config you may test by --benchmark key
I have GTX 770 and it's weird difference with autotune (~200 mh/s) and -l K256x64 (0.5-2.5 Gh/s) but it says out of memory and errors but still shows hashrate. Need to test on pool.
I can't find config for stable hashrate without errors.

try:
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

http://cryptomining-blog.com/1372-download-cudaminer-nvidia-gpu-miner-with-blake-256-support/

But config you may test by --benchmark key
I have GTX 770 and it's weird difference with autotune (~200 mh/s) and -l K256x64 (0.5-2.5 Gh/s) but it says out of memory and errors but still shows hashrate. Need to test on pool.
I can't find config for stable hashrate without errors.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

Is what I ended up with. Works for me

Now you can see how much I sock away on the coin
legendary
Solutions Architect
Also I am trying to run this on my Radeon HD 5850 and Cgminer will start but then it goes to a command prompt screen that is all black and nothing happens

what version of the miner are you using?

try this version: blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-ny.7z (just edit cgminer.conf)

ny1 and eu1 are just blc not merged but are good for testing due to them being diff 1

for the merged mining switch to eu3, ny2, la1, cg1 after you get it working

in cgminer.conf you can use "gpu-platform" : "0", to set AMD and "gpu-platform" : "1",  to set Nvidia, cant do both in same cgminer so copy folder and run one for each card if you have them in same system

Note: Nvidia cards speed is not great atm
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Activity: 384
Merit: 250
may not need van gen at all

I I'm using coins seal QR code of secret key into  see https://bitcoingeneralstore.com/cold-storage/

2. back up wallet
3. open blakecoin-qt with new blank wallet
4. create new address and save in file
5. on console dumpprivkey of new address and save to same file
6 QR print each Key insure printed key is readable
7. close blakecoin-qt and delete wallet file
8. restore old wallet
9. seal secret key in coin
10. send BLC to public address
11. send coin to new public address
12 keep pubkey QR so I can send more BLC later. (or could check history of wallet if doing it from same wallet)

Yes, that's a perfectly good way of generating keys, with the proviso that this can all be done on an off-net system, or even a ubuntu live-cd (it just needs to be online for a short period to run the apt-get's for the wallet dependencies, and I'm not sure even this step is needed as the runtime versions may already be present in the base distribution so you just need a precompiled wallet). Note that blakecoin-qt (or blakecoind which is easier to use for this purpose) does not need to be online in order to generate addresses, so everything can be done totally sterile (you just have to hope the NSA haven't compromised the RNG [/paranoia]).

Taking it one step further, all you need to generate a private key is a cryptographically secure random number generator (even a set of dice will do the job). Once you have the 256 bit / 32 byte private key it is a straightforward process to derive the address. Take a look at this script which demonstrates the steps (it actually implements a blakecoin brain wallet, but can be trivially tweaked to accept the private key instead). Props to JackJack for the heavy lifting (it's based on his pywallet).

One thing that I have done myself is to use bitaddress.org (downloaded from github onto a usb-stick, then loaded onto an offline system, I use puppylinux on an ancient PC) which can generate addresses in bulk to a csv file. Ignore the bitcoin addresses and just use the private key values. Feed these into a variant of the above python script that reads private keys from a file and writes out the privkey + blake address. Note that the Wallet Import Format for the blake private key is not compatible with bitcoin WIF private keys, just like the addresses it needs a blake hash checksum, though we can trivially work around this in python by simply ignoring the checksum when reading the bitcoin WIF privkey (see WIFpriv2addr in the script above).
legendary
the javascript version would be more secure and easier to create on a non networked machine
legendary
may not need van gen at all

I I'm using coins seal QR code of secret key into  see https://bitcoingeneralstore.com/cold-storage/

2. back up wallet
3. open blakecoin-qt with new blank wallet
4. create new address and save in file
5. on console dumpprivkey of new address and save to same file
6 QR print each Key insure printed key is readable
7. close blakecoin-qt and delete wallet file
8. restore old wallet
9. seal secret key in coin
10. send BLC to public address
11. send coin to new public address
12 keep pubkey QR so I can send more BLC later. (or could check history of wallet if doing it from same wallet)
Ok, thanks kramble.  Electron should be almost the same as blakecoin, except with using 92 as the address starting instead of 26 for BLC. The hashing part was untouched.

OK, it should just work using ./vanitygen -F compressed -X 92 pattern (using my hacked version at https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/vanitygen) EDIT: No it won't work as is, since the blake checksum is only applied to -X 26. You'll need to change util.c (see the previous commit for the file), around line 129. EDIT2: Also vanitygen.c line 397 may need changing. So I've got three variants of the code to check, need to compile an electron wallet first (2 hour job on raspi, quicker on ubuntu, once I sort out a VM for it). EDIT3: That took longer than I expected. Yes, both changes are needed, I'll take this onto your thread now as it's OT here.

Give it a try (check if the electron wallet will import the private key, and that the resulting address is the same as the one generated). Also try sending some coin to the addresss, then import the private key (into an empty wallet) and try spending the coin.

Mogrith: Doing a paper wallet (like bitaddress.org) is beyond my skill set, but a competent web/javascript developer should be able to do it easily. It just needs a javascript version of blake256, 8 round variant (which is the slightly tricky bit) to do the custom checksum.
Activity: 521
Yeah, I took a look at it briefly and saw Kramble's notes.  Maybe I will ask him.

It's getting late here, so I'll go look at this tomorrow (it's a while since I worked on this and I'm a bit rusty).

Anyway, Blake addresses are the same as Bitcoin, except with a different network byte. That much is the same as any other alt-coin, and if that was all then the standard vanitygen could generate the addresses.

Two differences: blake uses the blake8 hash to generate the address checksum (last few characters) instead of sha256, and we need to use the compressed address (the standard vanitygen only creates uncompressed).

I'll need to look at what electron does.

Ok, thanks kramble.  Electron should be almost the same as blakecoin, except with using 92 as the address starting instead of 26 for BLC. The hashing part was untouched.
Yeah, I took a look at it briefly and saw Kramble's notes.  Maybe I will ask him.

It's getting late here, so I'll go look at this tomorrow (it's a while since I worked on this and I'm a bit rusty).

Anyway, Blake addresses are the same as Bitcoin, except with a different network byte. That much is the same as any other alt-coin, and if that was all then the standard vanitygen could generate the addresses.

Two differences: blake uses the blake8 hash to generate the address checksum (last few characters) instead of sha256, and we need to use the compressed address (the standard vanitygen only creates uncompressed).

I'll need to look at what electron does.
Activity: 521
I thought there was a vangen so I could make secret/public pairs looks like this will allow me to make QR codes for them more easily

I'll give it a try

Hi mogrith,  if you get vangen working, can you please port it to Electron? Bounty in BTC/BLC/ELT avaliable.

It was Kramble who did work on port for Blakecoin and is only suitable for the 26 starting as the public key starting address and Electron is using 92
base58.h #L274 this would be why it does not work  Roll Eyes
Yeah, I took a look at it briefly and saw Kramble's notes.  Maybe I will ask him.
legendary
Solutions Architect
I thought there was a vangen so I could make secret/public pairs looks like this will allow me to make QR codes for them more easily

I'll give it a try

Hi mogrith,  if you get vangen working, can you please port it to Electron? Bounty in BTC/BLC/ELT avaliable.

It was Kramble who did work on port for Blakecoin and is only suitable for the 26 starting as the public key starting address and Electron is using 92
base58.h #L274 this would be why it does not work  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: