Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 455. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
People complaining about the ICO and calling it a scam needs to compare Blocknet to Supernet.

Supernet raised something like 5700+/- btc for their ICO and they require 10% of the supported coins to be controlled by Supernet.  Blocknet is only looking to raise 2500btc at most and will destroy anything not sold.  All participating coins join for free.  They do not require 10% of the chosen coin's supply to join.  Blocknet is not selling or using a central currency like Supernet's BitcoinDark.  Participating coins work with each other directly.  

The amount of funds raised by Blocknet is only a fraction of the overall funds raised and controlled by Supernet.

Also, there are a lot people that keep calling Blocknet, XC or XC's project.  Blocknet is not just XC.  Dan from XC proposed it and I guess you could say he is heading the project but its not just XC like everyone tries to make it.  Its an open project between participating coins.  All the devs will be working on it and towards the overall goals.

Another note...  There are a lot of complaints/concerns about some of the coins involved being 'whale coins' or controlled by pump and dump groups.  For a few of the coins that is true but you can also say that about almost any coins.  They almost all have their whales and their pump and dumps.  Its just part of the scene right now.  Here's something to consider though.  While the coin supply may be controlled by a few, I think the coins themselves are not what is drawn to the Blocknet project.  I think the competent devs behind the coins and some of the potential tech that the coin offers is why they are part of the project.  If you didn't add a coin because of who owned the actual coins, you wouldn't have much to pick from.

If it all comes together, it could be a pretty cool deal.  If not, there will be plenty of you ready to attack so I'm sure they'll pull it together.  

Activity: 271
Merit: 254
Well I was banned from the XC thread, so I will probably soon be banned here.  

The concept of the blocknet itself is not a bad idea. Once cryptocurrencies are more mainstream and economic infrastructures have evolved enough to accept them, something like the blocknet will exist.

The problem with THIS blocknet, is half the coins are run by known pump and dump scammers, and AS ALWAYS, they want to take your money, before they deliver. Doesn't anyone ever notice this pattern?

It angers me that you all are fooled by this. But... I guess if the majority of you didn't have the intelligence of primitive apes then my trading bots wouldn't be able to print bitcoin off you while I snort cocaine off stripper titties at Vegas pool parties.

If the thought even entered your head for a second to buy any of these blocknet shares then you should go: dig a hole, fill it with hydrochloric acid, and throw in it every cold wallet of any cryptocurrency you have.
You don't deserve to have crypto, and your bitcoins are just going to scammers so that they can fund even bigger scams. YOU are the ones keeping the shit alive.

But being the manipulated pawns that you obviously are, you are going to dismiss this post as FUD, and carry on with your pathetic life. While you sit at your computer and continue to breathe in precious oxygen (that I would far prefer watch seep out the ozone hole) try to comprehend that you are providing resources to groups of people who only hinder the advancement of crypto.

You soon-to-be bagholders are a virus to the human race. You have pinned your hopes and dreams on people who laugh at you behind closed doors. You see that guy driving down the street in a Porsche, and you want to be like him, but you never will. Once you lose all your children's college money to 2bit crypto scammers then maybe you will finally understand. And then you can explain to your daughter why she can't drive a nice car or go to college like all her friends.

Holy flamage.

Have you ever stopped to consider that maybe subconsciously these people *want*, and need to be taken advantage of? I don't have a clue why, other than maybe it has something to do with being addicted to hype and the "it's going to the moon" talk.

I will believe both blocknet, and your claims about a trading bot when I see the code. How much would you charge to release the bot code under AGPLv3?

unless, of course, your flamage means your bot can make more money cause you can buy more blocknet shares and dump them. That would be the logical explanation. (now let's see if I get banned for raining on the FUD parade)
Activity: 496
Merit: 500
In other news...

The ITO will also be taking place on Bter!

Great!

Very good news!

-BitSwift
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
There sure is a lot of displaced anger out there. Undecided
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Such anger. I've made a little under 300 btc from daytrading, holding, and IPO's. The whole point is to make money. Such stupid arguing going on. I actually agree with XC's decision to branch out and develop more features. The altcoin space needs more innovation, nevertheless Competition. I would like to see Blocknet vs Supernet once both are complete.
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
It occurs to me that SysCoin would be a good addition to the Blocknet. I've contacted the devs on Twitter about it.

I think SysCoin would be an excellent addition to "The Block".
 Up to the community as well I would imagine, but seems more quality coins help everyone.

legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
It occurs to me that SysCoin would be a good addition to the Blocknet. I've contacted the devs on Twitter about it.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Well I was banned from the XC thread, so I will probably soon be banned here.  

The concept of the blocknet itself is not a bad idea. Once cryptocurrencies are more mainstream and economic infrastructures have evolved enough to accept them, something like the blocknet will exist.

The problem with THIS blocknet, is half the coins are run by known pump and dump scammers, and AS ALWAYS, they want to take your money, before they deliver. Doesn't anyone ever notice this pattern?

It angers me that you all are fooled by this. But... I guess if the majority of you didn't have the intelligence of primitive apes then my trading bots wouldn't be able to print bitcoin off you while I snort cocaine off stripper titties at Vegas pool parties.

If the thought even entered your head for a second to buy any of these blocknet shares then you should go: dig a hole, fill it with hydrochloric acid, and throw in it every cold wallet of any cryptocurrency you have.
You don't deserve to have crypto, and your bitcoins are just going to scammers so that they can fund even bigger scams. YOU are the ones keeping the shit alive.

But being the manipulated pawns that you obviously are, you are going to dismiss this post as FUD, and carry on with your pathetic life. While you sit at your computer and continue to breathe in precious oxygen (that I would far prefer watch seep out the ozone hole) try to comprehend that you are providing resources to groups of people who only hinder the advancement of crypto.

You soon-to-be bagholders are a virus to the human race. You have pinned your hopes and dreams on people who laugh at you behind closed doors. You see that guy driving down the street in a Porsche, and you want to be like him, but you never will. Once you lose all your children's college money to 2bit crypto scammers then maybe you will finally understand. And then you can explain to your daughter why she can't drive a nice car or go to college like all her friends.

Wow.  And they classify my posts as "FUD"

o.O
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
fuck as it is you can sign your post like this
A FRIEND
and suggest you are a worldwide MOB

yayks for any help
your post is really appreciate to scarecrow any
people or piss them off from any coin
Activity: 138
To save mucking around with trying to balance out price differentials at the time of the ITO the following could be done:

1. Set the volume per coin according to market capitalisation at the time of the start of the ITO, and fix throughout the ITO.  Do not adjust at any point in time.
2. Float the cost per BLOCK according to the bitcoin to currency conversion rate less 10%.

This saves alot of mucking around with trying to get everything balanced.  It also stops small volume coins markets being manipulated.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
hello,

two quick questions:

1. What will happen with the money collected from the ITO? Will it be spend for development? If yes, what will be developed?

2. Is there a rough timeline or date when blocknet will "go online"/start to work?

greetings
criptix

Hey hey

ITO funds will be spent on developing the Blocknet.

We'll be publishing a timeline in the very near future.

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
hello,

two quick questions:

1. What will happen with the money collected from the ITO? Will it be spend for development? If yes, what will be developed?

2. Is there a rough timeline or date when blocknet will "go online"/start to work?

greetings
criptix
legendary
Joebob999, I see you've arrived fresh from being banned from the XC thread to leave your pestilence here.

Go away.
legendary
What is the difference between blocknet and supernet?

Check out the OP:

The Blocknet "has at least three fundamental differences from competing projects. Firstly, it has no central or core currencies (unlike NXT and BTCD for SuperNET), and thus will create a truly open, democratic inter-blockchain framework that can be extended as widely as the internet was.

"Secondly, joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled. Centralisation of a coin’s money supply carries risk and demands that one trust the central entity.

"Thirdly, the Blocknet is founded on the XBridge, which is not an RPC call protocol but a true P2P protocol. It is one thing for nodes to connect to each other directly (and thus “P2P”), but it is another for the
protocol by which they connect to be true P2P rather than simply JSON-RPC or some other method."
legendary
I see some concern from people asking why the blocknet needs 2500 BTC or why 1 million dollars. Just wanted to clarify that the Blocknet foundation isnt requesting and doesnt need this much it is simply the maximum amount that could be donated during the ITO. I think we all agree that 2500 BTC is an ambitious goal, but its a good idea because if less is donated, the extra shares are destroyed and everyone who donated now has a larger share.

Think about what would happen if the ITO had a max amount of shares that equaled 500 BTC and that total was reached halfway through the ITO, then you'd be left with people upset that they missed the opportunity to buy shares and the Blocknet would lose all that additional funding.  So its good that the bar is set high just in case.

+1. Very well put there sir.
Activity: 868
What is the difference between blocknet and supernet?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
smells like a scam..

You could easily create sockets listening on multiple ports, and process/relay messages for all coins.
I will do it for 100 BTC, and I'll deliver before the ITO.
You don't need some "XBridge" to accomplish this.

imagine that Smiley
Let me guess, SuperNet is doing that, yap yap, very impressive.

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
smells like a scam..

You could easily create sockets listening on multiple ports, and process/relay messages for all coins.
I will do it for 100 BTC, and I'll deliver before the ITO.
You don't need some "XBridge" to accomplish this.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I see some concern from people asking why the blocknet needs 2500 BTC or why 1 million dollars. Just wanted to clarify that the Blocknet foundation isnt requesting and doesnt need this much it is simply the maximum amount that could be donated during the ITO. I think we all agree that 2500 BTC is an ambitious goal, but its a good idea because if less is donated, the extra shares are destroyed and everyone who donated now has a larger share.

Think about what would happen if the ITO had a max amount of shares that equaled 500 BTC and that total was reached halfway through the ITO, then you'd be left with people upset that they missed the opportunity to buy shares and the Blocknet would lose all that additional funding.  So its good that the bar is set high just in case.
Activity: 163
There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- XBridge is not an RPC call protocol, it's a true P2P protocol
- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

Shame on you

Please explain how SuperNET is not p2p.

He's just quoting the OP literature, but yeah, none of the points are really valid.

May the best implementation win..
Jump to: