Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 141. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 539
Merit: 500
I can mount amazon cloud drive as a physical drive, which reads as somewhere around 1PB of storage, can I use this to mine this coin?

Theoretically yes, but your bandwidth to the cloud is going to be a limiting factor.

To get my plots to mine in an acceptable time window, I'm looking at 250-300+ MB/sec.

H.

As I recall, by tweaking the plotter it's possible to store data for one block per file, creating a set of 4096 files and only reading one of them on each block. So, the required bandwidth can be 4096 times smaller.

So, instead of reading 9,142,272 nonces from one single, optimized file (and that's one of 50), I should read one nonce from each of 9,142,272 individual files? I somehow don't see that being more efficient ....
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I can mount amazon cloud drive as a physical drive, which reads as somewhere around 1PB of storage, can I use this to mine this coin?

Theoretically yes, but your bandwidth to the cloud is going to be a limiting factor.

To get my plots to mine in an acceptable time window, I'm looking at 250-300+ MB/sec.

H.

As I recall, by tweaking the plotter it's possible to store data for one block per file, creating a set of 4096 files and only reading one of them on each block. So, the required bandwidth can be 4096 times smaller.

H.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Im the owner i only wrote that i would sell it if somebody makes me a good offer. Pool was short down because of a unexpectet error of the task. Now up again.

Shit lol, just started mining another pool. Yours is still the best with most consistent payouts, back to your pool!

Guess you haven't mined on ninja then .....

H.
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

Which exchange?  I'm guessing it's not Polo, as that's had BTC0.22486507 in the last 24 hours.
C-CEX.com @CryptoCurrEncyX
Delisting list is being corrected all the time. If You don't see delisting red flag on coin - this coin will not be delisted.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BURST

The C-CEX delisting was avoided. The Bitrex delisting will also be avoided.

H.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

Which exchange?  I'm guessing it's not Polo, as that's had BTC0.22486507 in the last 24 hours.
Delisting list is being corrected all the time. If You don't see delisting red flag on coin - this coin will not be delisted.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BURST
Activity: 416
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

the exchange that are going to de-listing burst is bittrex, you are free to check it here -> https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-
BURST

btw if you are going to buy/sell burst there is others exchanges as you can see at the OP, polo for example.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged

Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
But we were always told that we should HOLD the coins, ....
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Im the owner i only wrote that i would sell it if somebody makes me a good offer. Pool was short down because of a unexpectet error of the task. Now up again.

Shit lol, just started mining another pool. Yours is still the best with most consistent payouts, back to your pool!
Activity: 619
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Pool.burstcoin.de

Site not working anymore. I've been mining there since learning how to and read last night in the chat box he was closing it down.
Activity: 619
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Later on we might need a lightweight client developed for BURST.
It seems pools are disappearing.  Besides Burst.ninja which other pools are devoted to burst. Which assets are involved with the current pools that have closed?

burst.mininghere.com is still active:
BURST.MiningHere.com
Pool balance: 81,921
Registered Miners: 568
Active Miners: 558
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
Later on we might need a lightweight client developed for BURST.
Activity: 617
I am the signed message, without I am not
If everyone uploaded a image to the block chain the blockchain would become huge, and that could make it very hard to run a local wallet for new users.

Transactions per block are limited and data per transaction is limited ... blockchain can only grow within its parameters (max: ~90MB day / ~30GB year) ... you want us to make no transactions to keep the blockchain small? It would be very good for burst, if all available transactions would be 100% used ... even if the demand is higher than available ... that would increase transaction fees (mining rewards) ...

I know that 100% usage of the bursts transactions would benefit Burst, but if the blockchain would grow with 30GB/Year you would have a bigger blockchain then bitcoin after only 2/3 a single year.
I support what you are doing, it's a nice way of adding more features to burst, but it's going to make it harder for new people to join.

Is it safe to mine Burst on a laptop? Or can I get my HDD toasted or something?
On a laptop, the HDD is smallere, which means that the drive need to spin faster and have higer usage. Then a HDD get used, laptop or not, it will have a chance of dying. Laptop HDD have higer usage (spins faster) and will age faster then a desktop, which add up to a greater chance of the HDD dying faste,. but A laptop have lower power drain so it can be more profitable if you mine on laptops.
TL:DR, The HDD will get used more and that will make it age faster. It's safe but less recommend then doing it on a desktop.

I mine with a laptop, using another laptop HDD hooked up through USB. Haven't had any issues.

@ByteBank payouts, well, bytebank is discontinued, and buy back order is at 5k (sell price). If there isn't an order atm, just wait, i'll get crowetic onto it.
Well, There is no problem in doing it, but the lifespan of a laptop HDD is lower
If everyone uploaded a image to the block chain the blockchain would become huge, and that could make it very hard to run a local wallet for new users.
Transactions per block are limited and data per transaction is limited ... blockchain can only grow within its parameters (max: ~90MB day / ~30GB year) ... you want us to make no transactions to keep the blockchain small? It would be very good for burst, if all available transactions would be 100% used ... even if the demand is higher than available ... that would increase transaction fees (mining rewards) ...

I know that 100% usage of the bursts transactions would benefit Burst, but if the blockchain would grow with 30GB/Year you would have a bigger blockchain then bitcoin after only 2/3 a single year.
I support what you are doing, it's a nice way of adding more features to burst, but it's going to make it harder for new people to join.

A fully utilized Bitcoin Blockchain would grow at around 1TB/week, or around 150GB/day. Fully utilized Bitcoin blocks are unlikely to happen, and likewise fully utilized Burstcoin blocks are also unlikely to happen. At full utilization of the blockchain the size of the Bitcoin blockchain would increase at around 1666x the pace of the Burstcoin chain.

Look at realistic usage rather than the extreme end use cases.

H.
Yeah i know, but a huge blockchain does not benefit bitcoin or burst. I can't say what realistic usage would look like, but a huge blockchain  dose not benefit. That said i still support what you guys are doing.
Btw, thanks for creating that buy order.

A fully utilized Bitcoin Blockchain would grow at around 1TB/week, or around 150GB/day. Fully utilized Bitcoin blocks are unlikely to happen, and likewise fully utilized Burstcoin blocks are also unlikely to happen. At full utilization of the blockchain the size of the Bitcoin blockchain would increase at around 1666x the pace of the Burstcoin chain.

Look at realistic usage rather than the extreme end use cases.

H.

Jump to: