Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 145. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 255
File-Sharing via Burstcoin could quite 'easy' be done.

The Usecase:
- You uploaded files to Usenet or File-Hosters or FTP or whatever ... and optional protected them by password (rar/zip).
- Now you want to 'sell' this files for BURST.

The Solution:
- Create a new account with optional accountInfo (Name and description) about the files that are provided by this account. (for example a tv-show season)
- Send encrypted messages to this acccount, containing the download url and the password for the download (e.g. one for every episode of the tv-show)
- Offer the download in Market and finally provide the password of the above created account to anyone that buys it. (Could think of AT that does it automated ...)
- The customer can now access the account, decrypt the messages and access the files.

Notice:
This could be simplified for users by writing a special client that just uses the burst server api. (no need to access the wallet)

Advanced:
A encrypted message can contain ~1kb of data, a special client for File-Sharing could use JSON as format for different kinds of data-info stored encrypted in the blockchain ...
e.g. usenet-download, hoster-download (upload.to etc.), ftp-download etc. in detail the needed data differs a bit.

However, i currently think of (and started to implement) such a file-sharing client based on burstcoin blockchain ... this is no decentralized storage, but could solve the problem to receive micropayments for uploads.

Edit:
Burst already has a build in decentralized storage with encryption ... you can store 1kb data for 1 burst in a encrypted message, thats 1000 burst for a MB, quite cheap at current burst prices :-)  Sure, we need a little software to split a file in pices (if needed) and send the needed messages. On the other side collect messages and rejoin the parts back to a file. Just a theoretical case ofcause, mass usage is not possible at max. 255kb in 4minutes. But hey, if you want to give your files a higher prio, just pay more for your transactions :-)

There is quite a lot, that could be implemented using the burst server api and ATs, even without wallet updates within near future ... be creative!!

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I want to start the specs and design of making BURST able to store data.

anyone want to participate in this?

What i personally think would be cool, would be something totally decentralized, totally encrypted. it should not be possible for anyone to know what they store, or what people are requesting, yet, the network as a whole should be able to serve requests for data, and searches for data if data was put there to be searchable.

i guess it should cost a little to read data off the network, and it should cost a little to put data into the network.

it might also be possible to put data in, that cost more to read, then the profit could go to the "owner" burst address of the data

i would assume people could then choose what amount of diskspace they want to use for mining, and what amount for keeping data in the BURST cloud. If you keep data, it will just look like encrypted garbage, you would not know what it is, and not be able to read any of it.

This is a huge task, i expect we'd have to create a file system from scrath and then some, but the reward would be the first decentralized totally anonymous totally non-cencsored file storage with general access as well as protected access. Sort of like utorrent only where nobody will be able to tell what you are downloading and uploading and storing.

what we have going for us is a working payment system ( BURST ) and the first 10PB or so owned by people in the community.

Btw. i don't even know if it is possible to make it anonymous to the degree i want it to be, but i haven't yet seen any hard evidence why it should not be possible.

So other coins are already doing that. Maidsafe, Storj, Sia

Why not spend more time devising Ideas on how to work together on our brother coin Qora which already supports small file uploads and can be exchanged with Burst on cross chain transactions.

I agree. I own some Sia and monitor their thread. It seems extremely complex to offer redundant file storage off blockchain and compensate hosters for storing files. Not something you can just tack on to an existing coin in a few weeks.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10

What i personally think would be cool, would be something totally decentralized, totally encrypted. it should not be possible for anyone to know what they store, or what people are requesting, yet, the network as a whole should be able to serve requests for data, and searches for data if data was put there to be searchable.

i guess it should cost a little to read data off the network, and it should cost a little to put data into the network.

it might also be possible to put data in, that cost more to read, then the profit could go to the "owner" burst address of the data

i would assume people could then choose what amount of diskspace they want to use for mining, and what amount for keeping data in the BURST cloud. If you keep data, it will just look like encrypted garbage, you would not know what it is, and not be able to read any of it.

This is a huge task, i expect we'd have to create a file system from scrath and then some, but the reward would be the first decentralized totally anonymous totally non-cencsored file storage with general access as well as protected access. Sort of like utorrent only where nobody will be able to tell what you are downloading and uploading and storing.

what we have going for us is a working payment system ( BURST ) and the first 10PB or so owned by people in the community.

Btw. i don't even know if it is possible to make it anonymous to the degree i want it to be, but i haven't yet seen any hard evidence why it should not be possible.

So other coins are already doing that. Maidsafe, Storj, Sia

Why not spend more time devising Ideas on how to work together on our brother coin Qora which already supports small file uploads and can be exchanged with Burst on cross chain transactions.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Unless original dev comes back I don't really see this coin going anywhere, has anyone tried contacting him yet?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100

These guys are doing pretty much exactly what you are talking about
http://storj.io/

Storj pays data holders in STORJX, and the network keeps track of the stored data and the locations.  The 'stores" are payed proportional to their up-time and capacity.  Burst uses its storage capacity to store pre-hashed "chunks" that are used to maintain the public record of transactions (block-chain).  The burst block chain allows for A market, Assets, Automatic Transactions, and of course the public record of all transactions.

The storage conversation has come up a few times, but it seems like BURST and storage are two separate things.  Putting effort into making a decentralized exchange, a clean and user friendly market interface, or any-type of user friendly interface for BURSTs many features would probably be time better spent, along with being an "easier" goal to achieve.

Just my 2Burst.

Good-Luck
Activity: 286
Merit: 250

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

I see that BURST is getting delisted at CCEX, however I trade at Yobit now, while BURST is not listed on Yobit.

Could we perhaps list BURST on yobit until the interest of people gets back. It is the only exchange now that accepts smaller coins, and it will help BURST survive until we are ready to break through.

(It would be easier for me too to save on transaction fees)

What do you think guys?

It is possible to add BURST to yobit, from this link, and it's free of charge:

https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/

We can try, but a very quick look seemed to indicate that NXT is not there, so they likely don't have the infrastructure ready for coins derived from the NXT code.  NXT is totally different from bitcoin in many ways, the two don't share any sourcecode.

Activity: 539
Merit: 500
Greetings can anybody explain me how to use burst account on wallet.burst.city?
It require to add public key in first transaction but how? No one exchange let me add public key to send coins.. how can i activate damn account?

If anybody can send me 1 burst with public key so i could finnaly use it would be nice..

Your account ID is BURST-WEYH-DK54-KM4X-HRB8A - When funding your account for the first time, you also need to include your public key, which is 53f20c9e4f7c8f8e60b5212c64eb2960b34bd9a6c1cbecce0640fa8ac727a853

Burst sent.

Thanks! i see incoming transaction although there are still a message
"Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue."

Proly need to wait confirmtion and try to send it out, will try Smiley

Yeah, make an outgoing transaction and you'll be done - an outgoing transaction can be sending burst, joining a pool, buying an asset - anything that "spends" 1 burst.
legendary
Activity: 1055
It require to add public key in first transaction but how? No one exchange let me add public key to send coins.. how can i activate damn account?

If anybody can send me 1 burst with public key so i could finnaly use it would be nice..

Your account ID is BURST-WEYH-DK54-KM4X-HRB8A - When funding your account for the first time, you also need to include your public key, which is 53f20c9e4f7c8f8e60b5212c64eb2960b34bd9a6c1cbecce0640fa8ac727a853

Burst sent.

Thanks! i see incoming transaction although there are still a message
"Warning!: Your account does not have a public key! This means it's not as protected as other accounts. You must make an outgoing transaction to fix this issue."

Proly need to wait confirmtion and try to send it out, will try Smiley
Activity: 539

Burst sent.
legendary
Activity: 1055

Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
BurstIncomeAsset, can you please tell me how you calculate RoI?

In BURSTs only, or in BTC, or in Fiat?
Activity: 504
Merit: 512

I see that BURST is getting delisted at CCEX, however I trade at Yobit now, while BURST is not listed on Yobit.

Could we perhaps list BURST on yobit until the interest of people gets back. It is the only exchange now that accepts smaller coins, and it will help BURST survive until we are ready to break through.

(It would be easier for me too to save on transaction fees)

What do you think guys?

It is possible to add BURST to yobit, from this link, and it's free of charge:

https://yobit.net/en/addcoin/
Activity: 504
Merit: 512
We are making huge profits with INCOME, and very likely pay the 2nd dividends this weekend:

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/page-6#post-6227

We made 47.82% ROI since we started trading. From now on trading will be the main income source of the INCOME asset, since it is showing magnificent results so far.

Are you planning on being transparent with the trades you are going to make? Maybe in a private group that asset holders only can see? I would be interested in seeing this.

Thanks!

Sure, what specific information do you need?

I will post the trade history in the BURST forum if that is needed. I have many quick trades (so far all of them profitable), but I wont show the currently open orders, nor the trades I took 1-2 days ago, to not reveal my trading strategy I have worked on for 3 years Smiley

I hope that's understandable, other than that, the rest of the trade history can be revealed, to be transparent.

Why is this coin dying Sad I liked it

If you think it is very, very valuable and need to be protected, then you will hide it. However, only usage makes public value, otherwise it is like a painting, valuable for the owner.

With other words:
BURST is a great coin, easy and "cheap" to mine. However, there are not many places where you can use BURSTs.
Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Because people are just mining and dumping it without giving anyone a good reason to buy it. 
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Current time: 2015-10-11 10:16:16 UTC
Block: 152,282
Difficulty: 3,652
Est. Networksize (PB): 3.8295952543001

That is the lowest I ever saw.
I can't believe noone has even bothered coming up with another Hard drive mining coin, anyone tried cloning this coin yet?  Huh

Many people said, they will. So far none emerged publicly.
legendary
Activity: 1288
I can't believe noone has even bothered coming up with another Hard drive mining coin, anyone tried cloning this coin yet?  Huh
Jump to: