Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 153. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
If someone is interested, it would be possible to create an entire forum using burst's messaging system (and aliases for account names). If we make that it's 100% open, and very easy to ignore people (we could build a site of known scam accounts which are auto blocked by the wallet). Anyone interested?

Seriously Elmit, you have no life. I dunno what you're trying to achieve, you should go and make your own scam coin. I won't say anything about it being a scam though, people will be able to see for themselves.

Hey, that's an idea, go and clone burst!!! Make your own thread, make crappy faucets and pools, make a forum, yah know, do your thing man!
Activity: 504

elmit why do you not just switch to the new and help bringing the coin forward without other posts. .... or we can use this one for personal disputes and the other for discussion about the coin.

Because dev disappered we need a new one, because we will not be able to update the op here. and nothing is as bad as a old op with dead links... then we can just kick the coin to the waste.

Uh...

This is not quite what I had in mind boba... I appreciate the effort, but this is not going to be the new OP. we are going for a complete redesign, can you please delete this until we're ready to do it the way we wanted to?

i renamed my thread into an alternative thread and i make this clear in the first line of the op, that mine is not the official one.
hopefully thats now ok for you all.

as i see, new posts here with tons of shit what has nothing to do with coin. everybody who wants a serious discussion is welcome in mine. but for the fun factor, also look in this one here :-)

Nice try to re-write what you tried to do.

There will be a self-modded new ANN thread, and it will be allowed as far as I understand, and it will be posted by the dev-team's new, common account.

For what you tried to do: Go fuck yourself.

Activity: 619

elmit why do you not just switch to the new and help bringing the coin forward without other posts. .... or we can use this one for personal disputes and the other for discussion about the coin.

Because dev disappered we need a new one, because we will not be able to update the op here. and nothing is as bad as a old op with dead links... then we can just kick the coin to the waste.

Uh...

This is not quite what I had in mind boba... I appreciate the effort, but this is not going to be the new OP. we are going for a complete redesign, can you please delete this until we're ready to do it the way we wanted to?

i renamed my thread into an alternative thread and i make this clear in the first line of the op, that mine is not the official one.
hopefully thats now ok for you all.

as i see, new posts here with tons of shit what has nothing to do with coin. everybody who wants a serious discussion is welcome in mine. but for the fun factor, also look in this one here :-)
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Elmit,

Apparently you're PM'ing people alleging that I'm DDOS attacking you. Now, you may be a terrible human being, but I haven't lowered myself to your standards and attacked your pool. Can you please elaborate on how you think I'm attacking you, and how my attack differs from your pool crashing due to the out of memory error you posted about?

Accusing someone of ddos attacking your pool is a serious allegation - and your accusation is spurious, and malicious - can I please have a retraction and an apology.

Thanks.

H.

All said at:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12542145
I was thinking about (for the sake of PR) can anybody organize a twitter campaign for BURST? (make sure to use #cryptocurrency and #altcoin tags)

I would give away 10 INCOME asset to everybody who would retweet it. A small token for us, a big leap for BURST!

What do you think?

Can you explain more details please.
Activity: 539
Elmit,

Apparently you're PM'ing people alleging that I'm DDOS attacking you. Now, you may be a terrible human being, but I haven't lowered myself to your standards and attacked your pool. Can you please elaborate on how you think I'm attacking you, and how my attack differs from your pool crashing due to the out of memory error you posted about?

Accusing someone of ddos attacking your pool is a serious allegation - and your accusation is spurious, and malicious - can I please have a retraction and an apology.

Thanks.

H.
Merit: 512
I was thinking about (for the sake of PR) can anybody organize a twitter campaign for BURST? (make sure to use #cryptocurrency and #altcoin tags)

I would give away 10 INCOME asset to everybody who would retweet it. A small token for us, a big leap for BURST!

What do you think?
Merit: 512
I`ve got great news, we got the first investments from the NXT branch of INCOME, accounting to  0.14864065 BTC, now we got 0.7BTC under management. Our asset is growing very nicely (despite this week's profits have been thin, hopefully that will be resolved soon), so we are doing a good job.

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/page-5#post-6217

Good job community!  Smiley
hardware mining really interesting going to try it

Glad to hear that Smiley We think so! If you have any questions, don't hesitate and someone here will help you Smiley
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
hardware mining really interesting going to try it
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004
I want to add more information to my burst statistic at http://burst.Mininghere.com

What would you like to see there added?

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like that you add the total TeraBytes on the network. I have no idea how a such thing could be achieved  Undecided...

This is already there.
I will add to the registered miners also active miners. There is no definition of active miners yet, that can be calculated from the blockchain. I might end up with something like how many miners got paid within the past 100 blocks. Calculate from that the average payment per miner.

There is really something like this ? I can't see it anywhere, but maybe I'm on the wrong site ? I was on burst.mininghere.com, is it the good one ?
I want to add more information to my burst statistic at http://burst.Mininghere.com

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd like that you add the total TeraBytes on the network. I have no idea how a such thing could be achieved  Undecided...

This is already there.
I will add to the registered miners also active miners. There is no definition of active miners yet, that can be calculated from the blockchain. I might end up with something like how many miners got paid within the past 100 blocks. Calculate from that the average payment per miner.
legendary

I think people should stop with the division, we need to unite not divide. If we use divide and conquer then the coin will be conquered by bigger altcoins.

We need to put our minds together and work hard on BURST, all of us.

AdolfFett tried to take control over Burst tonight. All by himself. Like Hitler against the Allies.

We can not let that go. D-Day is tomorrow.

You mean a 51% attack? Or what do you mean by "taking control all by himself"?

I thought the 51% attack has a small chance of happening given that we improved the mining network size.

Read crowetic and DaWallet above.

AdolfFett is not part of the dev-team. He started charging for guides. He took down his sites, all but the pool which makes money.

Without consulting anyone in the team, he starts a c/p self-moderated thread - which I, for instance, asked for many times. But this was not supported by the dev-team. It was all AdolfFett's own actions and idea.

I didn't know that, and therefor I thought it was great at first. When I got the news what happened I did what I could to show what was going on.

I am not part of the dev-team, I just help out a bit, therefor I didn't what he was up to.

I'm sure members of the team can give more details.

For this, that you are not in the team, you are talking quite a lot today.Come on, tell us more.

When you are done, then read about history in the white books. Not what your teacher HAD to tell you.

Bobafett did a lots for BURST. YOU are not a half hight of him. Your strength is to make noise, BIG NOISE.

So, either do something for BURST or just leave the forum and let other people do.

Why do you think I care..? I do a lot for Burst, and I done even more before. In man hours, AdolfFett is way behind me.

I also acted as I did as I severely contributed to the mess by supporting Adolf at first. I felt guilt. I tried to make things better.

I see more that you come too fast to conclusions, act on these, and as you stated, you don't care.

Cool down, write your next post in an hour. Make a plan For Burst and not how to give an answer to a post. Think on your childhood, what makes you happy, and ask yourself why you drifted off your goal in life.
legendary
I can't find any information about some things.
Does it matter if i have 10 plots of 50 gb or 1 plot of 500 gb?
Does anyone know how to mine or plot on OS X?
 I can't get my computer to open the java files. I'm using Jminer that should work for mac (Bitcoin.biz).
And is there a wallet for OS X?

Is there any difference in mining through HDD and mining though SSD?
I am going to buy some SSD for my computer gaming rig and was thinking if i can use also to mine by them.
Do i get more profit by SSD as they are faster or it is same as HDD?

From what i know, the only thing you get from having a SSD, is faster loading of your plots. On fast blocks you might be able to get a few extra burst for posting your deadline before everyone else.
TL:DR Bang for buck is HHD

I don't thnik the quantity of plots matters. Maybe you will lose 3 seconds, but nothing more ! I'm sorry but I don't know about OS X so I won't be able to help you. About the plotting I think that it is the same thing as Windows (at least with the CPU plotter), you just write a .bat file and the software do everything. The only thing you have to dou is the nonces maths, but that's not so hard.
I am going to buy some SSD for my computer gaming rig and was thinking if i can use also to mine by them.

Mining depends on hard disk space and access speed. However, the costs for SSD disks will hardly give a RoI in the near future.

Last year we talked about a cheaper solution, like Facebook storage. They should use bluray disk boxes in a jukebox design. 10 disk in a box.
Unfortunately this project never materialized.

There was also a story about a 10 TB chip, onetime writeable. It was never sold.
Activity: 617
I am the signed message, without I am not
I can't find any information about some things.
Does it matter if i have 10 plots of 50 gb or 1 plot of 500 gb?
Does anyone know how to mine or plot on OS X?
 I can't get my computer to open the java files. I'm using Jminer that should work for mac (Bitcoin.biz).
And is there a wallet for OS X?

From what i know, the only thing you get from having a SSD, is faster loading of your plots. On fast blocks you might be able to get a few extra burst for posting your deadline before everyone else.
TL:DR Bang for buck is HHD
legendary

I think I have already asked this by the past. If I remember correctly there is no difference. 10 TB shitty HDD is better than a 256 GB SSD since the capacity is much more important than the speed (which has maybe no importance).
I think people should stop with the division, we need to unite not divide. If we use divide and conquer then the coin will be conquered by bigger altcoins.

We need to put our minds together and work hard on BURST, all of us.

AdolfFett tried to take control over Burst tonight. All by himself. Like Hitler against the Allies.

We can not let that go. D-Day is tomorrow.

You mean a 51% attack? Or what do you mean by "taking control all by himself"?

I thought the 51% attack has a small chance of happening given that we improved the mining network size.

Read crowetic and DaWallet above.

AdolfFett is not part of the dev-team. He started charging for guides. He took down his sites, all but the pool which makes money.

Without consulting anyone in the team, he starts a c/p self-moderated thread - which I, for instance, asked for many times. But this was not supported by the dev-team. It was all AdolfFett's own actions and idea.

I didn't know that, and therefor I thought it was great at first. When I got the news what happened I did what I could to show what was going on.

I am not part of the dev-team, I just help out a bit, therefor I didn't what he was up to.

I'm sure members of the team can give more details.

For this, that you are not in the team, you are talking quite a lot today.Come on, tell us more.

When you are done, then read about history in the white books. Not what your teacher HAD to tell you.

Bobafett did a lots for BURST. YOU are not a half hight of him. Your strength is to make noise, BIG NOISE.

So, either do something for BURST or just leave the forum and let other people do.

Why do you think I care..? I do a lot for Burst, and I done even more before. In man hours, AdolfFett is way behind me.

I also acted as I did as I severely contributed to the mess by supporting Adolf at first. I felt guilt. I tried to make things better.
Jump to: