Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 171. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 255
as i understand, if bit releases a clone, the plot files can be used...

what if blago releases a minerversion, that submits the deadlines to both wallets (bursts and the clone ones) or two pools simultaneously ?

We got a dual mining coin system with zero extra costs?!

Plotfiles could be used to mine on multiple BURST clones.
But the minig itself has to be done for every clone.
Currently mined scoop and deadline depends on blocknumber and last block winner.

indeed, however having support for multiple coins in the same miner can be done, and the benefit would be that the same hdd isn't accessed simultaneously by 2 processes.

I'm no expert in GPUs, but maybe it's not ideal to run 2 GPU miners simultaneously either. Is this true?

Lol, it seems there is much support for a clone. Maybe I should just do that. Agreed?

Sure there could be optimations, e.g. set prio for different clones, no concurrent access to drives etc. good point.
But you can run multiple miner instances on same GPU, in worst case, it will slow down.

I see no reason for not supporting a burst clone ... i just do not like the idea changing burst fundamentals.

Activity: 277
Merit: 250
bobafett - nice pool you have there, now i hope your pool can hold all my mining

*im waiting that funny 51% attack*

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

what if blago releases a minerversion, that submits the deadlines to both wallets (bursts and the clone ones) or two pools simultaneously ?

Currently mined scoop and deadline depends on blocknumber and last block winner.

indeed, however having support for multiple coins in the same miner can be done, and the benefit would be that the same hdd isn't accessed simultaneously by 2 processes.

I'm no expert in GPUs, but maybe it's not ideal to run 2 GPU miners simultaneously either. Is this true?

Lol, it seems there is much support for a clone. Maybe I should just do that. Agreed?
Activity: 257
Merit: 255

So every miner including (https://github.com/de-luxe/burstcoin-jminer) should support that already, just run one instance for every clone.

That's one of the options I am considering. All the same, the plots can be made incompatible.

Blago Smiley I got nothing against him personally, but his miner is bugged as hell.
I'll release a dcct port with my new protocol.
Luxe feel free to add that to your miner.

I would mine with a few TBs, as long as i mine and sell, it's not a bad deal i guess. And competition is always nice, you would invent features burst didn't think of, and the reverse too, different coins attract different people, but the poc family in total would grow.  What kind of parameters would you suggest for a competitor to burst?

The main difference will be that the rewards will be proportional to the difficulty. So there will be no advantage in mining there first. 1 TB will always get you the same amount of coins, regardless of the difficulty.

Other than that, we'll just have to see how well I (and others involved) can handle getting investment into the coin.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500

Activity: 275

Perhaps someone would start a BURST asset that invested in NXT assets, as a kind of a fund, and then paid dividends back to the BURST asset every quarter or every month.  Then investors could get a diversified investments in companies on the NXT blockchain, but paying with BURST and not having to have the hassle of selection, exchanging and whatnot themselves?

Please let me know if any people are interested in such an asset, I would happy to reseach and setup a NXT asset.

People can also check my signature for a good Burst income asset paying monthly backed by fees from a popular burst pool.
Activity: 286
Anyone - how effective is mining in a virtualbox VM image, having the files on the host file system, but accessing either through shared folders or USB directly ( having installed extensions ).

if i mine inside a VM a hostile wallet cannot do much harm to the host system, would be useful for mining bitladens coin when he gets around to launching it

The performance difference is negligible, there is extra cpu and memory overhead, but the bottleneck will still remains the hdd or hdd interface speed.

But I thought you were a coder, surely you trust yourself to review a few lines of code. I will be publishing the source code.

Oh and BTW, I only pleases me that you would support my coin, by mining it.

I would mine with a few TBs, as long as i mine and sell, it's not a bad deal i guess. And competition is always nice, you would invent features burst didn't think of, and the reverse too, different coins attract different people, but the poc family in total would grow.  What kind of parameters would you suggest for a competitor to burst?
Anyone - how effective is mining in a virtualbox VM image, having the files on the host file system, but accessing either through shared folders or USB directly ( having installed extensions ).

if i mine inside a VM a hostile wallet cannot do much harm to the host system, would be useful for mining bitladens coin when he gets around to launching it

The performance difference is negligible, there is extra cpu and memory overhead, but the bottleneck will still remain the hdd or hdd interface speed.

But I thought you were a coder, surely you trust yourself to review a few lines of code. I will be publishing the source code.

Oh and BTW, I only pleases me that you would support my coin, by mining it.
And unlike BURST, I will do my best to please the miners. Without strong mining, a coin is worthless.
Its as fast as on the physical maschine, perhaps 5% slower

i agree, criminal is in the eye of the beholder.

I was talking in legal terms. There's no law whatsoever that governs this.

But if that would make me criminal in your own narrow minded perspective, then I prefer it this way.

Oh, and btw, hashpower does govern a coin, and once I get 51% I will be the judge and the jury... and executioner. That is simply because you don't want to pay miner incentive, it will be your own doing.
Every pool should declare their position about that! Ask your pool owner! You can always use devV2Pool, that will not be part of such a nonsence.

Hi, http://pool.burstcoin.de will not help by a attack.

If bin wants support, he has to ask every single miner for that.

I will not decide for my miners!

As i und read a few posts earlier, crow supports bin in the change of the reward change. So if you are mining at his pool burst.ninja you could be part of the 51% attack if crow help bin. Better choose another pool until bin stops this.
One feature i miss in burst is the possibillity to export and import your addresses - when i start up a new wallet on another instance, i don't know of a way to get my addresses over from the old one. (addresses being my nicknames and descriptions for known burst addresses, that then show instead of the account numbers in the user interface). Just a button to export them to a file, and another button to import them from a file.

hmm.  perhaps i should just code it myself, at least at the api level ( i suck at frontend )

I would guess you suck at anything. But if you suck more at js I have bad news for you, it's on the frontend side, js, stored in local browser storage

I can manage js, but admit i prefer not to code frontend stuff if i can avoid it. I'll implement the feature in my own version of burst just for fun and learning.
I am solomining, i have mined 900+ blocks in total, and i will not help an attack either. Rather, i am adding TBs to my capacity over the next few months to make an attack more expensive, will be using about $300 each month, adding about 16TB each month. My BURST holding is not even worth $300, but i want to send a message to wannabe criminals.

Criminals?!  51% attacking a coin is not a crime.

i agree, criminal is in the eye of the beholder.

I follow NAP principles  - do not steal from others,  do not force them to hand stuff over to you, do not hurt their body, only get stuff from others voluntarily.

Thus, changing the rules in the coin with a 51% attack is imo not following NAP, you are changing something that you only own 51% of. You are violating the property rights of the 49% You are changing the protocol that all 100% agreed upon by collaborating, and enforcing it on the 49%

but i understand your view that the majority have the morale on their side and can dictatorially decide whatever regarding the 49%, including making the coin very inflationary and thus emptying their pockets marketcap share wise.

The way to avoid you getting in a position where you in my view will effectuate a crime, is to increase network power. I will make it increasingly harder for you or anyone else to get to 51%. So i have decided to add to my plots, and so have others i hope, every month you wait to attack will become more and more expensive. I urge you to start a competing coin, then those who wants a miner coin can go there, those who wants a store of value coin can stay with BURST

If you start a competing coin with different parameters, i would probably mine it to get it going, but i would be afraid you might have put in spyware in the wallet, cause as i see it, you have no problem with cheating people, you seem not to follow the non agression principle. you follow some kind of bullying principle.

by the way, you have attacked other coins successfully you claim. What was your bitcointalk name in those attacks? why did you create a new one from burst? don't want us to see how your attacks end up for the victims?

One feature i miss in burst is the possibillity to export and import your addresses - when i start up a new wallet on another instance, i don't know of a way to get my addresses over from the old one. (addresses being my nicknames and descriptions for known burst addresses, that then show instead of the account numbers in the user interface). Just a button to export them to a file, and another button to import them from a file.

hmm.  perhaps i should just code it myself, at least at the api level ( i suck at frontend )

I would guess you suck at anything. But if you suck more at js I have bad news for you, it's on the frontend side, js, stored in local browser storage

I am solomining, i have mined 900+ blocks in total, and i will not help an attack either. Rather, i am adding TBs to my capacity over the next few months to make an attack more expensive, will be using about $300 each month, adding about 16TB each month. My BURST holding is not even worth $300, but i want to send a message to wannabe criminals.

Criminals?!  51% attacking a coin is not a crime.
Every pool should declare their position about that! Ask your pool owner! You can always use devV2Pool, that will not be part of such a nonsence.

Hi, http://pool.burstcoin.de will not help by a attack.

If bin wants support, he has to ask every single miner for that.

I will not decide for my miners!

Jump to: