Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 188. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 724
Merit: 504
Being a new person here not sure what the past issues are with the founding members however..............

No offense to Binladen cause not sure who you are just trying to use a little business sense. It seems everyone is worried about a hostile take over.
a hostile takeover will occur when one person controls 51 percent of a company.

My advice is if 3 people combine there shares and form a partnership/poison pill/group etc then they can prevent this takeover.

where is the list that shows Binladen shares, is it the rich list or something.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
The terrorist bit was a little over the top, but was really more just a play on words re: his username. You didn't address the main point though: he is constantly threatening to destroy BURST if his ideas are not implemented (for months now), how can someone like that be regarded as having good intentions or trustworthy or even worth spending time in discussion with?

Also, I really don't see how making more coins, which seems to be the crux of his demands, will attract more miners. If there's no demand for them, it will just drive the price down further and faster. If he hates the emission curve so much, let him launch his own fork. Or let him do whatever he wants to with BURST.

As an aside, I really think his threats are just bs. Not being heavily invested I'd kind of like to just see him ignored, to see if he would actually follow through with his threats. Would exchanges freeze the coin or just delist it? Would people start to side with bitladen or just hardfork a checkpoint and let him try again (or just let it die)?
Activity: 785
Merit: 500
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

why, we [burst community] are going to die so easily?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Are we?
The price might go down, but we are not dead yet.
I am sure that within a week the price will be double.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
[update]

I just uploaded a new version of burstcoin-address-generator a little tool, to find more personal burst address ... like BURST-YOUR-NAME-xxxx-xxxxx

For feedback and suggestions please use:
https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/759

Features:
- executable *.jar ... just double click to start!
- GUI for easy usage.
- multithreading (set number of threads and 'tries per thread'),
- multiple and combined search keys
- specify constant pre- and postfix for rnd-passwords
- simple stats in tries/second

burstcoin-address-generator-0.2.2-SNAPSHOT.zip 8.1 MB
https://mega.nz/#!YtwFGDaL!rSFJf_MgBUwVIWgU4d8d83OAYk2CmswGO6t2fAa4jrs

preview:
http://imgur.com/a/1GEy0

For example ... lets find a address that starts with 'BURST-LUXE-'
https://i.imgur.com/fQkHp4M.gif

After pressing 'Start', wait some seconds, select a result and press 'Copy to Clipboard' ... thats it!
https://i.imgur.com/ffYUu5D.gif

Notice: Searching for more than 5 chars could take a while :-) Btw. passphrase will work for NXT wallet, too!

Can you tell me how to use it to recover my password:
I have lost to a burst address the password (random string). I printed it out, but the password was a few characters longer than the paper. It was not much longer, otherwise it would have printed into the next line.
I used this program, with the key of my entire burst address and the password size of 120, with a password prefix of the string (105 characters) from the paper.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
I want to mine on Mac OS X but I can't find a possibility to plot on OS X.
Is there any possibility? Everything seems to be available for OS X but plotter.

I'm no expert in macs, but have you tried compiling dcct?
though there might be a problem with endianness, bah i dont have a mac, but yes, java should work. I bet it's slow.

You can try VirtualBox (if that's on mac) or similar, install linux, share your plot folder to the vm and use dcct tools, they should be faster than java

There's a port of dcct miner for Mac OS X with SSE4 / AVX2 support:
https://github.com/r-majere/mjminer

why, we [burst community] are going to die so easily?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
1.45 PetaByte asset is still cheap available. Get it before the price lined up takes effect.

PetaByte is a mining asset. 1 PetaByte asset is equal to a mining power of 1 TB hard disk.
The mined rewards are distributed to all asset holders at the first days of the month for the previous month.

UNIQUE to all other assets is, that it is not important how long you owned the asset, but when you owned you get paid according to your asset shares.
We all know that you cannot buy 0.03 TB hard disks, but you can buy 0.03 PetaByte assets, that is equal to a hard disk of 0.03 TB.

Why let your BURSTs sit around and do nothing? Buy PetaByte assets instead and put a sell order to it. As long you own it you earn and it is gone as soon somebody buy it.

PetaByte asset you can buy by:
1. open your wallet
2. click on Asset Exchange
3. Add Asset ID 14668748687827404894
4. On the left side you see the offers of PetaBytes, click on Buy PetaByte with BURST
5. Fill in Quantity and use the suggested Price BURST/PetaByte
6. The form will display how much you need to pay for, including fee. If you have enough BURSTs in your wallet, click on Buy (BURST -> PetaByte)

Within a few confirmations, you are the new owner of PetaByte assets.

Enjoy earning, while we do the mining work for you.

Update: 0.547 PetaByte still cheap available
Burst is now as low as 27 Sat.

With that speed, we will reach the 15 within the next 24 hours!

26 Sat and 7.79 PB network size
Activity: 275
Merit: 250
ByteEMini Payout Done

Code:
ByteEMini (639537212154320) Total found assets: 100000, Assets to be distributed: 40000
Summary of proposed distribution of  788BURST to 6
----------------------
Number of assets, Account, Payout amount
19100, BURST-KTTD-6GE6-6BK9-B8ABB, 376.27
13300, BURST-XC7A-FM25-3TK9-CNPGC, 262.01
3100, BURST-53DP-A7CT-YTM9-FZCLM, 61.07
2100, BURST-7G43-CTSC-QLTM-GASD4, 41.37
2000, BURST-6LM8-HGJA-MBJ5-43UU9, 39.4
400, BURST-54J2-DUDF-EUQU-4ZZRQ, 7.88
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
I grew up with a terminal, so I think it could be that I'm comfortable with the terminal ;-)
Activity: 588
Thanks for your help guys. I think I will try that virtual machine thing.
Debian should be okay, I think?
Hope it will work :-)

Sure, whichever distro you're most comfortable with. If you have no favorite one yet, the with ubuntu 14.04 you should find the most help online though.

For efficiency debian minimal would be great Cheesy If ur comfortable in the terminal that is....
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Sure, whichever distro you're most comfortable with. If you have no favorite one yet, the with ubuntu 14.04 you should find the most help online though.
Wed
legendary
VirtualBox/Vmware is a good idea but before I do that I want to try java plotter.
Where can I find it? On official download site I can only see some windows/linux binaries. No Java binaries.

It's bundled with the POC miner (java). You can plot with it and then mine with uray's miner or whichever miner you were planning on using Cheesy
VirtualBox/Vmware is a good idea but before I do that I want to try java plotter.
Where can I find it? On official download site I can only see some windows/linux binaries. No Java binaries.

I don't know the answer, anyhow, VM will have almost no impact on performance, you should go this route. Java is somewhat slow 3-5x slower than native code I'd have to say. And eats memory like a champ.
Wed
legendary
Is there any possibility? Everything seems to be available for OS X but plotter.

I'm no expert in macs, but have you tried compiling dcct?
though there might be a problem with endianness, bah i dont have a mac, but yes, java should work. I bet it's slow.

You can try VirtualBox (if that's on mac) or similar, install linux, share your plot folder to the vm and use dcct tools, they should be faster than java

Use the original java plotter. It will run on any platform, as long as you have java 7 installed (or later).
Wed
legendary
Activity: 504
Single digit in 48h  Smiley

My total holdings: 2512.

and Sia since a week  Grin

Burst is now as low as 27 Sat.

With that speed, we will reach the 15 within the next 24 hours!

26... rats leaving the sinking ship. good! we don't like rats
That's ok I dumped 8 mil on friday. Once again, I beat them to it.
Jump to: