Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 225. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
And, courtesy of crowetic, a quote for those how did not read the thread at burstforum.com. IncomeAsset wrote:

Indeed, I start to fall in love with BURST, it's similar to NXT, but it has achieved more innovative levels than NXT in far less time with less devs. I also like the HDD mining concept, it's a very pioneer innovation, so i guess BURST can reach above NXT price easily, and its severely undervalued right now.

This is so true. I have never been more convinced than now that Burst's value will be on a whole different level if we just give it time. Of course, the process would speed up immensely by support from a crowdfunding campaign or VCs but I', certain it will come despite funding.

The undervalue question was brilliantly pointed out by Karl Perkin on his Twitter, although not many read it, but for some reason he seem to have changed his focus into a regular cryptocurrency account. Too bad since his tweets could have been an excellent basis for a document to highlight the undervaluation and attract crowdfunders or VCs.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
hello, im new owner of burstcoin.eu. thanks @smaxer for this great script

burstcoin.eu is now online under new address: burstcoin.biz

now working on new layout and new/improved features.
Activity: 504
Let us all ignore Elmit; it's very easy to avoid his bullshit:

Just push the button marked by the perfectly red oval in the picture - and he does not exist anymore! Smiley For those who do not want to do that, please do not cite him.

Thanks!

Regarding crowetic's comment: Just a reminder of how we together to make this thread so much better by ignoring Elmit's crap. If everyone would push that button, we can make a man and his mission disappear.

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
I've just had my first burst drive failure!

Sadly my Seagate Backup Plus 8Tb just died after 4 month mining with it Sad
But fortunately it does have a two year warranty and the retailer is replacing it
for a new one.

My other similar Seagate drives are all doing well, has anyone else had many HD failures?

Check the temperature, i had a 8TB sg backup drive stop responding or responding veeeeery slowly, but it turned out it was just too hot, when i arranged a somewhat cooler environment it started working again.

I did let the drive cool down and retest, but the office where I have everything setup is near 30C maybe that could effect the operation.. I'll give it a quick test from home and see if that makes any difference. Thank you.

If you are running windows, you can try to check the S.M.A.R.T. info on the drive, with the program called speedfan.   It will tell you if the drive's self diagnostics have encountered any problems, there is a web lookup button inside the smart tab, that seems to work ver well, comparing your drives measurements with data from all over the web.

warning : one of my windows 10 boxes freeze and need reboot if i start speedfan - but i never saw that happening with windows 7.
I thought everyone would be interested to see this, another user issuing a pretty interesting asset, and since no one uses burstforum for some reason... I figured I would post it here in this monstrous ridiculous thread. lol...

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/#post-5920

I'm all for new burstcoin assets. However I personally do a lot of online affiliate marketing and it can be very hard,
I do well from it now and even make a fulltime income from it. But I've never had successful bitcoin affiliate campaign!

Sadly I doubt that this person (an unknown) could make a profit from the affiliate marketing of bitcoin related products or services.

Just my opinion of course.

We will have to wait and see i guess. If the asset issuer releases somewhat comprehensive accounting reg. campains and their income, we can see for ourselves that he is a successfull businessman. If we just get asset payoffs, we'll have to dig into blockchains to see if it's just another bernie madoff kind of scheme.

I welcome the asset issuer and his/her project, it is a brave move to go with BURST instead of the more established NXT, and I wish him/her great success and profits, we are very happy ( well, i am ) that he chose to use the BURST asset exchange, and even use a creative giveaway distribution scheme to have the asset out on many hands from the start.

I have put up 15000 burst to buy the asset really cheap, so now we have both a bid and an ask on the asset exchange. My bid can be used to get rid of the asset if you don't believe in it ;-)

Activity: 275

But fortunately it does have a two year warranty and the retailer is replacing it
for a new one.

My other similar Seagate drives are all doing well, has anyone else had many HD failures?

Check the temperature, i had a 8TB sg backup drive stop responding or responding veeeeery slowly, but it turned out it was just too hot, when i arranged a somewhat cooler environment it started working again.

I did let the drive cool down and retest, but the office where I have everything setup is near 30C maybe that could effect the operation.. I'll give it a quick test from home and see if that makes any difference. Thank you.

for a new one.

Activity: 588
Some news.....

Blockex is partially up again.....burstcoin.info has some uploading to do...had to reinstall the entire vps :/

The blockex still hasn't go the wallet, but the richlist is kinda there, as well as the price etc.

Thank You Tiga

And we're all sorted Cheesy

CN site is still down, fixing it now, won't post again. The blockex is live, but the db is still not up to date. So just wait a bit longer.

EDIT: CN sorted
legendary
Activity: 806
Merit: 1000
Some news.....

Blockex is partially up again.....burstcoin.info has some uploading to do...had to reinstall the entire vps :/

The blockex still hasn't go thte wallet, but the richlist is kinda there, as well as the price etc.

Thank You Tiga
Some news.....

The blockex still hasn't got the wallet, but the richlist is kinda there, as well as the price etc.
Okay trying to set Burst up and lost without a wallet i.e. altcoin type. I have my account id and passwords. Sometimes I log into http://localhost:8125/ and it works other times it say webpage not available. Is it because a site is down right now?

Unrelated. Make sure the little java window from when u launch the wallet is still there!
Activity: 724
Merit: 504
Okay trying to set Burst up and lost without a wallet i.e. altcoin type. I have my account id and passwords. Sometimes I log into http://localhost:8125/ and it works other times it say webpage not available. Is it because a site is down right now?
legendary
Activity: 806
Activity: 275
I thought everyone would be interested to see this, another user issuing a pretty interesting asset, and since no one uses burstforum for some reason... I figured I would post it here in this monstrous ridiculous thread. lol...

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/ann-income-asset-decentralized-referral-empire-based-income.839/#post-5920

I'm all for new burstcoin assets. However I personally do a lot of online affiliate marketing and it can be very hard,
I do well from it now and even make a fulltime income from it. But I've never had successful bitcoin affiliate campaign!

Sadly I doubt that this person (an unknown) could make a profit from the affiliate marketing of bitcoin related products or services.

Just my opinion of course.
all burst block explorers are dead....what happen...
price really down, explorers down....
is this coin dead already Huh Huh

burstcoin.eu was shut down courtesy of a malicious user here, burstcoin.info is temporarily down - see Tiga's message above.

H.

Really sorry about this guys.....I am gonna do some stuff....hopefully it starts working again soon lol ;P
Activity: 494
Merit: 100
Tks tips. Not buying this new 8tb even for home usage.

for a new one.

Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)

But yea, the coin is far from dead, ...

... about 50 Satoshi far away!

Any PR to turn it around?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
all burst block explorers are dead....what happen...
price really down, explorers down....
is this coin dead already Huh Huh

Far from dead. Our block explorer is temporarily down for maintenance, and the other, like Haitch said, was maliciously attacked by a wonderful member of our own community. Nice, right?

Everyone should be VERY WARY of ELMIT.

But yea, the coin is far from dead, in fact, I'm in the process of setting up a new AT for some regular bonus payouts to ninja miners, and building a new pool for our lottery idea!
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io

Awesome , I'm very exited on such implementation , will participate ASAP ! Smiley
Jump to: