Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 351. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
A different question:

Would some of you Burst-people mind to explain in my thread, how energy-saving your technology proof of capacity (POC) mining is? I would like someone to compare it to POS and POW:

"Which is the most environmentally friendly, energy-efficient altcoin?":
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-is-the-most-environmentally-friendly-energy-efficient-altcoin-982957

For good estimation, we would need a good calculation, of course, and for proof we would need some measurements and extrapolation...

But maybe we could get an idea.

Thank you.

Proof of Capacity energy usage compared to Proof of Stake

You still need a computer and hard drive running to power Proof of Stake... but let's say that you do add 4096 drives to that computer, you could split your plots up across thousands of hard drives, and the only turn on two hard drives at a time per block.  With POC2.. you'll only need to turn on 1 hard drives, one that stores signatures, one that stores the current scoop being read.

And you turn two on for two seconds per 4 minute block(granted, I expect we'll lower block times sooner or later.). So a hard drive would normally consume 10 Watts but we can say it only consumes 2/4*60th of this since it's only on for 2 seconds per 4 minutes.  So this means that it basically consumes 0.83 % of the amount of energy as one hard drive.  Or 0.0167 Watts extra for two drives.  Let's assume there is other over head or you are keeping them on longer or something.. and let's say that all these drives use 1 W to run.  

Ahahah 1 hdd of 4096... And reading speed will beeee....ZERO?  Tongue
Anyway hdd in sleep mode taking much amount of power, plus time to wake up is about 10 sec.

I figured you could totally turn it off right? Though you are probably right about wake up time... let me multiply by 10.  Keep in mind Google did a study that shows that it does not significantly increase the wear and tear of a drive to turn it off and on regularly. An let's face it you are only turning it on and off a few times a day, even if you reduce the number of drives plugged in to 100 or so drives.
You can't totally disable drive while it's power plugged(you need to disconnect drive physically from power for that, turn off +12V), so drive will be in sleep mode consuming power.
If you gonna have only 1 drive of 4096 to read, it's reading speed will be about 180mb/s, so it would take about 6-12 HOURS to read full 4tb drive)
My theory is, that some people out there, with a rather large farm, use a custom miner that will assume that the deadline will win and scan for the next block. This allows them to announce low deadline immediately after their previous deadline was accepted.
i like your theory   Smiley

so... can they make some sort of blocktime attack?) (cause we don't need to find block immediatelly(like standard PoW), so can they do it in a row?

we need new miner, which can premine next block  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
Something else I've noticed guys. When fast blocks happen, they're won almost always with a sub 100 deadline, which doesn't make sense considering people usually don't have time to scan all their plots. Maybe it's just coincidence? I've only been watching since Blago added the winner stamp to the miner.

Also interesting, in this specific example, the same person won the block before with the same EXACT deadline. This should be extraordinarily rare to the point where it doesn't happen unless fast blocks are special?

My theory is, that some people out there, with a rather large farm, use a custom miner that will assume that the deadline will win and scan for the next block. This allows them to announce low deadline immediately after their previous deadline was accepted.
no, this is nonsense.  the fast deadlines are real without any funny business.  it's possible to read through alot of data in 20 sec on your plots and find a deadline.
heck, I have found deadlines of: 1,2,3,6,7,12 and several in 20-30 range and then some more beyond the 20 sec range.  it's luck.
and then there are 4+ and 30-40 minute deadlines too. I have them.

edit:

see here: http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time this distribution looks OK. 
although over a long period of time it will smooth out more to fit a smooth bell curve, which, looking at current graph, suggests that until some time in the future, with an unknown starting time point, we could see more blocks in the 240+ seconds generation time to smooth it out.  or this can happen slowly and randomly and it will smooth out over time. but it looks OK to me.  you are always welcome to read in the whole blockchain, and run stat analysis on generated blocks.  only after you find statistical anomalies, you can raise red flags.  without that proof, you are spewing hot air and most people actually ignore such posts.  I dunno why I responded to be honest with you.  I guess because I assume you don't know how it works (I may be totally wrong in the assumption), so trying to share some info.

It's more about the fact that he has the same exact deadline as the last block AND it happened within the first 5s of the new block.
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
try the webwallet from www.burstcoin.de

API   burstcoin.de:8125  ?

https://burstwallet.for-better.biz:8125

had to put it on a different server, because burstcoin.de is hostet by a to small package.
Activity: 416
Merit: 250

wallet API port   burstcoin.de:8125  ?

*add to "downloads" http://burstcoin.eu/downloads
Update and News: www.burstcoin.de

>> New Feature: HTTPS/SSL Webwallet is now available. A little bit slow, but i´m working on it. AT stuff did not workt atm with https.
Adding tomorrow the Mining guide with dccts new super fast miner :-)
------
Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community. Only! 64k to go in the Crowfund (now at 85%). Please do some donations!!!!
Here was mentioned an Android wallet. I cannot find it at Google Play. Has it been withdrawn?
I guess you're trying to find the Android wallet which was never available on Google Playstore?. You can find the wallet info or download link from the below link.(Source code still not available i would be very careful while using this app or wallet)

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/official-thread-burst-info-app-for-android.438/

Activity: 248
I'm not real
Thanks to the seventh donor, making the total sum 1,04BTC/$295 Smiley

To use http://bitcoinprbuzz.com/services/, we need $429 so please keep sending to those change BTC we all got laying around and we can be sure to use the industries best press release spreading service!

Thanks!

I'll send you a little bit in about 24 hrs.
sent some
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Here was mentioned an Android wallet. I cannot find it at Google Play. Has it been withdrawn?
I guess you're trying to find the Android wallet which was never available on Google Playstore?. You can find the wallet info or download link from the below link.(Source code still not available i would be very careful while using this app or wallet)

https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/official-thread-burst-info-app-for-android.438/

Don't waste your time, currently app is paused (and ofc it's not a wallet, just readonly app). Previous versions based on Uray server, so it's not possible to check anything expect price right now. I believe i've got some time to fix that...
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1012

Activity: 248
I'm not real
Something else I've noticed guys. When fast blocks happen, they're won almost always with a sub 100 deadline, which doesn't make sense considering people usually don't have time to scan all their plots. Maybe it's just coincidence? I've only been watching since Blago added the winner stamp to the miner.

Also interesting, in this specific example, the same person won the block before with the same EXACT deadline. This should be extraordinarily rare to the point where it doesn't happen unless fast blocks are special?

no, this is nonsense.  the fast deadlines are real without any funny business.  it's possible to read through alot of data in 20 sec on your plots and find a deadline.
heck, I have found deadlines of: 1,2,3,6,7,12 and several in 20-30 range and then some more beyond the 20 sec range.  it's luck.
and then there are 4+ and 30-40 minute deadlines too. I have them.

edit:

see here: http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time this distribution looks OK. 
although over a long period of time it will smooth out more to fit a smooth bell curve, which, looking at current graph, suggests that until some time in the future, with an unknown starting time point, we could see more blocks in the 240+ seconds generation time to smooth it out.  or this can happen slowly and randomly and it will smooth out over time. but it looks OK to me.  you are always welcome to read in the whole blockchain, and run stat analysis on generated blocks.  only after you find statistical anomalies, you can raise red flags.  without that proof, you are spewing hot air and most people actually ignore such posts.  I dunno why I responded to be honest with you.  I guess because I assume you don't know how it works (I may be totally wrong in the assumption), so trying to share some info.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503
A different question:

Would some of you Burst-people mind to explain in my thread, how energy-saving your technology proof of capacity (POC) mining is? I would like someone to compare it to POS and POW:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/which-is-the-most-environmentally-friendly-energy-efficient-altcoin-982957

For good estimation, we would need a good calculation, of course, and for proof we would need some measurements and extrapolation...

Thank you.

You still need a computer and hard drive running to power Proof of Stake... but let's say that you do add 4096 drives to that computer, you could split your plots up across thousands of hard drives, and the only turn on two hard drives at a time per block.  With POC2.. you'll only need to turn on 1 hard drives, one that stores signatures, one that stores the current scoop being read.

And you turn two on for two seconds per 4 minute block(granted, I expect we'll lower block times sooner or later.). So a hard drive would normally consume 10 Watts but we can say it only consumes 2/4*60th of this since it's only on for 2 seconds per 4 minutes.  So this means that it basically consumes 0.83 % of the amount of energy as one hard drive.  Or 0.0167 Watts extra for two drives.  Let's assume there is other over head or you are keeping them on longer or something.. and let's say that all these drives use 1 W to run. 

Ahahah 1 hdd of 4096... And reading speed will beeee....ZERO?  Tongue
Anyway hdd in sleep mode taking much amount of power, plus time to wake up is about 10 sec.

I figured you could totally turn it off right? Though you are probably right about wake up time... let me multiply by 10.  Keep in mind Google did a study that shows that it does not significantly increase the wear and tear of a drive to turn it off and on regularly. An let's face it you are only turning it on and off a few times a day, even if you reduce the number of drives plugged in to 100 or so drives.
Activity: 46

https://i.imgur.com/FLEM6yP.jpg

Update and News: www.burstcoin.de

>> New Feature: German Plotting Guide for Linux is now available.
Adding tomorrow the Mining guide with dccts new super fast miner :-)
------
Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community. Only! 64k to go in the Crowfund (now at 85%). Please do some donations!!!!

Activity: 158
A different question:

Thank you.

You still need a computer and hard drive running to power Proof of Stake... but let's say that you do add 4096 drives to that computer, you could split your plots up across thousands of hard drives, and the only turn on two hard drives at a time per block.  With POC2.. you'll only need to turn on 1 hard drives, one that stores signatures, one that stores the current scoop being read.

And you turn two on for two seconds per 4 minute block(granted, I expect we'll lower block times sooner or later.). So a hard drive would normally consume 10 Watts but we can say it only consumes 2/4*60th of this since it's only on for 2 seconds per 4 minutes.  So this means that it basically consumes 0.83 % of the amount of energy as one hard drive.  Or 0.0167 Watts extra for two drives.  Let's assume there is other over head or you are keeping them on longer or something.. and let's say that all these drives use 1 W to run.  

Ahahah 1 hdd of 4096... And reading speed will beeee....ZERO?  Tongue
Activity: 36
For information, I just added a new bootstrap (13 march) at http://www.burstcoin.fr in download section.

direct link : https://mega.co.nz/#!2JkGgbqQ!oALg9Zz7ivKCSjbgZbKgm1TLMN_ihsZh7JTXrBQDXMo

The one on burstcoin.info is broken

Linked your FR site at bustcoin.de  Wink

Thank you Smiley
For information, I just added a new bootstrap (13 march) at http://www.burstcoin.fr in download section.

direct link : https://mega.co.nz/#!2JkGgbqQ!oALg9Zz7ivKCSjbgZbKgm1TLMN_ihsZh7JTXrBQDXMo

The one on burstcoin.info is broken

Linked your FR site at bustcoin.de  Wink
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
competition is good for business and risk diversification is highly recommend

-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- First Burstcoin.de Asset
New Asset with 2% Intrest a Month / 24% a Intrest a Year / Highly Secure

Asset Name – BdeBank
Total number available – 500.000
Price –  50 Burst
Asset Number (ID)– 4053085726300717216
First payout is the first of April!

2% intrest montly! This asset pays out 2% intrest monthly.  One B.deBank  Asset = 50 Burst. 2% of 50 Burst = 1 Burst / month payout.

URL: http://www.burstcoin.de/assets/asset_b.debank.pdf

Guaranteed monthly payout! Every first day of the month i will payout all intrest of the assets. Regardless how long you are owner oft them. Also if you bought the assets one day before the first.

Save Investment! The intrests are covered and backed by my mining system. If all shares are sold, i have to pay 500.000 Burst  intrest a month. My Miners make average 25.000 Burst per day, whats in a month 750.000 Burst. So the payment of intrest is secured forever. Also i am actually bring up more miners, also, look above, this is covert with my burst account with 8.4 Million Burstcoins atm.

Instant Cashout without loss! Also you can cashout anytime. I will buy back the assets from you. Therfore i will place a buy order for every sold asset with a price of 50 Burst. The price what i pay for the payback will decrease 1% every month.  Buywall will be created instantly after the first sales and adapted every first day of the month.

Burstcoin.de is the name oft the german website of burst , with mining guides, best practises, how tos, a manual for beginners, example hardwares from my miners, scripts for tracking the mining tasks, news over burst, etc. and information for the german community is actually daily added.

Bobafett is my username in Bitcointalk.org and burstforum.com.  I´m mining and investing in Burst qfilsince the beginning. I invested over 8500 Euros since now in Burst (bought with btc) and mining hardware. Until now i never sold any of my coins because i really belive this coin has a bright future.

Bobafett is the owner oft the account BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE and now holding over 8.4 Million Burst and is now Top 11 of all Burst holders .

Bobafett is  mining with over 120TB every day and my next miner is acutally plotting. My daily minded income of burst are between 20.000 and 30.000 Burst.

Thank you that so much believe and trust in my asset. Until now, is has beaten all my expectations.

Because i do not want a such fast grow, i will limit the daily offert assets to 2000, whats 100k Burst for the next time.

This should also enable all shareholders to beginn asset trading.....

Can you give us more information about that, please.
What if mining does not bring that amount. Yes, you do have a lots of Bursts. But time is also indefinitely long ;-)  Many more months to come.
Did HardInvest asset payout recently? I cannot find it in my wallet.

According to their announcement (https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/the-big-announcement.149/) there should be 0.5% of the pool fee send to the Assetholders.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask over in the thread for the asset rather than the Burst Ann. thread ?

H.

Which thread you mean?
At the burstforum, where I got the information, they are not responding - worse, they locked me out. So I asked here, where they often mentioned HardInvest if somebody got paid recently.
Activity: 539
Did HardInvest asset payout recently? I cannot find it in my wallet.

According to their announcement (https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/the-big-announcement.149/) there should be 0.5% of the pool fee send to the Assetholders.

Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask over in the thread for the asset rather than the Burst Ann. thread ?

H.
Jump to: