Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 367. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 355
Merit: 250
We now have our mainsite burstcoin.info, but with the help of boba we are now also featured on German: burstcoin.de.

We think this will be a step to spread the word of BURST to a wider audience. The sites should be hosted on independent vpser, amd offer a good translation of the content of burstcoin.info (NO GOOGLE!!)

For each of the translations I off 25,000 BURST.

Anyone want to add to the price pool is free to do so, to increase the incitements to actual do the more. If we got this 100,000 BURST, I believe the work to done soon. Updates will be presented in this post. If you want to contstribute and to what PM me.

The language translation we are especially interested be:

- Chines          25,000
- India            25,000
- Italian          25,000
- Spain           25,000  
- Portuguese   25,000
- France         25,000
- Polish          25,000

Help will installation can be requested. Help with domain buys and vps rent can be requested.

So how important do you think these marked could be for BURST? Please donate some coins and let the development/translation begin:D

Reserve polish translation to me. I will start tommorow. Do you need only translation or complete copy of translated website?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
A friend of mine mentioned that Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum said that POC has a flaw and that someone can attack the network and cause a double spend.  He said it was posted on Reddit.  But I can't find it anywhere.  Is this true?  If so can someone post the link?  ty

I read what he posted on https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/ and normally I would say FUD but you have to look at who it is and think not but then again the article pokes butthurt at his invention so....

It would be nice for the BURST Dev to comment on this for the record.

Vitalik Buterin zash • a month ago

I'll copy my post from Reddit:

> Okay, I thought about POC for 15 minutes, and...
>
> wow, congrats, these guys have managed to create an algorithm which
simultaneously has a nothing at stake vulnerability AND is economically
inefficient.
> The problem is this. It seems as though the intent of the algorithm
is for the bulk of the cost to be storing the hard drive, and for the
hard drive to be able to "idle" after it scanned through the entire
plot. However, this means that once the plots are built, there is very
little cost to redoing the scan multiple times on multiple forks. Hence,
if an attacker could either (i) convince miners that its fork had a
>0.1%* chance of succeeding or (ii) bribe miners 0.001x the block
reward, miners all have the incentive to double-vote.
> * In order for the algo to be storage-bound and for a shortcut attack
involving recomputing everything not to exist, we need reading from the
hard drive to take less time than recomputing the data. But then we
want a 1000x safety margin if we want that condition to hold true
against potential ASIC implementations, hence reads need to be 1000x
cheaper than the plot computation step. Hence, reading more than one
time would have a marginal incremental cost of only 0.1%.

Things are this are why we didn't launch in Jan 2014 Smiley

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
looking at the trend of new version release, it's about time we have a new version. Any idea what's the next exciting feature after AT ?
Activity: 280
However, this means that once the plots are built, there is very little cost to redoing the scan multiple times on multiple forks.

Unless that attacker is able to extend a fork further than the main
blockchain, this fork simply won´t be accepted by its peers.

I once calculated the probability of this. Its very very low unless the attacker owns a large percentage of the network plots, and even then it only allows to mine a few additional blocks.

Hence, if an attacker could either (i) convince miners that its fork had a

(i) This fork won´t get accepted by other nodes in the first place. The attacker would have to convince miners to actively mine those forks - with a modified miner for example.
(ii) Plots used for double-voting were already used for regular mining. Therefore the attacker´s forks can´t start with the best deadline - which is already used on the main blockchain - making it unlikely to get accepted, even with lots of miners involved.

Even if these succeed, it will only replace a few blocks at most, still leaving the network intact.

Reading time is irrelevant here, disk space is the limiting factor for almost everyone.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
A friend of mine mentioned that Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum said that POC has a flaw and that someone can attack the network and cause a double spend.  He said it was posted on Reddit.  But I can't find it anywhere.  Is this true?  If so can someone post the link?  ty
Vitalik posted here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/

not sure where reddit comments are I'd be interested in reading them.

I posted couple times about this (or similar concern) a while back here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10294205
and here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10295020 However, this comment of mine, was to a post that someone has now deleted...

I could never get to the bottom of understanding Vitalik's claims, anyone want to clarify it please?

Thanks.  Here's V. Buterin's post from the link and is copy pasted by him from Reddit.

> Okay, I thought about POC for 15 minutes, and...
>
> wow, congrats, these guys have managed to create an algorithm which
simultaneously has a nothing at stake vulnerability AND is economically
inefficient.
> The problem is this. It seems as though the intent of the algorithm
is for the bulk of the cost to be storing the hard drive, and for the
hard drive to be able to "idle" after it scanned through the entire
plot. However, this means that once the plots are built, there is very
little cost to redoing the scan multiple times on multiple forks. Hence,
if an attacker could either (i) convince miners that its fork had a

Yeah, I am in the same boat as FakeAccount.  Can someone explain what Vitalik Buterin was talking about?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
So going back to the 'Blago stealing deadlines thing', I'm still mining solo and this week I made 1/2 of what I was supposed to. I don't think it's just luck, if it's luck it would've balanced out over the last two to three weeks, but it hasn't. Although I kinda doubt Blago is stealing deadlines, but there is definitely something influencing my ability to find blocks. Does anyone have any idea what would influence solo mining income besides simply having a small plot relative to the rest of the network? I have mined on pools and I seem to find quite a few more blocks doing it (like the normal amount I should).
Activity: 619
Merit: 500
competition is good for business and risk diversification is highly recommend

-[ANNOUNCEMENT]- First Burstcoin.de Asset
New Asset with 2% Intrest a Month / 24% a Intrest a Year / Highly Secure

Asset Name – BdeBank
Total number available – 500.000
Price –  50 Burst
Asset Number (ID)– 4053085726300717216
First payout is the first of April!

2% intrest montly! This asset pays out 2% intrest monthly.  One B.deBank  Asset = 50 Burst. 2% of 50 Burst = 1 Burst / month payout.

URL: http://www.burstcoin.de/assets/asset_b.debank.pdf

Guaranteed monthly payout! Every first day of the month i will payout all intrest of the assets. Regardless how long you are owner oft them. Also if you bought the assets one day before the first.

Save Investment! The intrests are covered and backed by my mining system. If all shares are sold, i have to pay 500.000 Burst  intrest a month. My Miners make average 25.000 Burst per day, whats in a month 750.000 Burst. So the payment of intrest is secured forever. Also i am actually bring up more miners, also, look above, this is covert with my burst account with 8.4 Million Burstcoins atm.

Instant Cashout without loss! Also you can cashout anytime. I will buy back the assets from you. Therfore i will place a buy order for every sold asset with a price of 50 Burst. The price what i pay for the payback will decrease 1% every month.  Buywall will be created instantly after the first sales and adapted every first day of the month.

Burstcoin.de is the name oft the german website of burst , with mining guides, best practises, how tos, a manual for beginners, example hardwares from my miners, scripts for tracking the mining tasks, news over burst, etc. and information for the german community is actually daily added.

Bobafett is my username in Bitcointalk.org and burstforum.com.  I´m mining and investing in Burst qfilsince the beginning. I invested over 8500 Euros since now in Burst (bought with btc) and mining hardware. Until now i never sold any of my coins because i really belive this coin has a bright future.

Bobafett is the owner oft the account BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE and now holding over 8.4 Million Burst and is now Top 11 of all Burst holders .

Bobafett is  mining with over 120TB every day and my next miner is acutally plotting. My daily minded income of burst are between 20.000 and 30.000 Burst.

Thanks for your trust. Buy Back Order for the sold shares was just created!
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
I'm not real
A friend of mine mentioned that Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum said that POC has a flaw and that someone can attack the network and cause a double spend.  He said it was posted on Reddit.  But I can't find it anywhere.  Is this true?  If so can someone post the link?  ty
Vitalik posted here:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/

not sure where reddit comments are I'd be interested in reading them.

I posted couple times about this (or similar concern) a while back here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10294205
and here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10295020 However, this comment of mine, was to a post that someone has now deleted...

I could never get to the bottom of understanding Vitalik's claims, anyone want to clarify it please?
legendary
A friend of mine mentioned that Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum said that POC has a flaw and that someone can attack the network and cause a double spend.  He said it was posted on Reddit.  But I can't find it anywhere.  Is this true?  If so can someone post the link?  ty

If such a flaw existed the price/value of Burst would have collapsed. As it has not, I doubt the flaw exists, but feel free to get your friend to post the proof of attack here.

He told me he read a post on Reddit.  I really didn't pay that much attention to it.  I remembered it again when I bought some Burst a few days ago.  I was looking for the post but couldn't find it.  So I'm asking maybe someone here knows...?
Activity: 539

If such a flaw existed the price/value of Burst would have collapsed. As it has not, I doubt the flaw exists, but feel free to get your friend to post the proof of attack here.

legendary
Activity: 462
We now have our mainsite burstcoin.info, but with the help of boba we are now also featured on German: burstcoin.de.

We think this will be a step to spread the word of BURST to a wider audience. The sites should be hosted on independent vpser, amd offer a good translation of the content of burstcoin.info (NO GOOGLE!!)

For each of the translations I off 25,000 BURST.

Anyone want to add to the price pool is free to do so, to increase the incitements to actual do the more. If we got this 100,000 BURST, I believe the work to done soon. Updates will be presented in this post. If you want to contstribute and to what PM me.

The language translation we are especially interested be:

- Chines          25,000
- Japan           25,000
- India            25,000
- Italian          25,000
- Spain           25,000  
- Portuguese   25,000
- France         25,000
- Polish          25,000

Help will installation can be requested. Help with domain buys and vps rent can be requested.

So how important do you think these marked could be for BURST? Please donate some coins and let the development/translation begin:D

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Any Burst devs software devs, pool owners can you guys take a look into this for API intergration looks a cool tool maybe to have working for the pools.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10693862

Any chance to support Burstcoin on this with Proof Of capacity with Hard drive mining ?

Thanks for the request. I just reached out to burstcoin.eu in regards to an API that cryptoglance can use. I'll let you know what the response is from those developers.

does look nice and would be a good addition to the coin and pools would make monitoring miners a lot better.

legendary
Has anyone ever been able to get a GTX 750 TI to plot? If so. Please tell me how.

Thanks

Sorry. can't find them now, but my posts of those cards is somewhere in https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/gpu-plot-generator.45/page-17. If I use three cards on one rig, I get quite decent speed.

I have 4 on one rig. I will look. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
I'm currently moving, all my systems are down and I won't have an internet connection aside from what I can get with my cell phone. Shitty. But yea, that's where I am if anyone starts wondering. I should be around regardless hopefully, but yea.
Activity: 619
So the new thing with AT assets is to fund other miners?

Just a FYI, these assets are simply being used to increase hashing power on the network, which of course decreases your income if you're currently mining, and since the price is essentially being held by people holding rather then selling, the price will drop.

It'd be different if you guys were playing a different market besides Burst. Playing the market is the same as shitting where you sleep. Do it some where else. People generally want Burst to rise and that's best for Burst, eating any amount of rise out of the market doesn't help it, it just helps the downtrend of dumps.

You know, something like Burst Long Term Price Support before that fell apart...

Mate, our assets will push Burst's price UP. We don't want to dump! Of the 5k Burst per asset that we get with ByteBank, only a percentage of it will be traded with. If we see that Burst is going hard out up, we will quite likely just hold and cover the 2%. Another month we may end up seeing Burst is gonna drop hard, so we may see 30% of ByteBank and buy it up again. Every single Burst we sell we  will buy back more. Oh, and we pref to use buy and sell orders, so we're ctually just providing liquidity!

I statet in my asset describtion that until now i never sold a single burst. And i will not sell any burst i get from my asset.  And thats a promise! I can cover all intrest that i have to pay with my miners. So i also do not spend these burst fir increasing mining power!
Activity: 462
Has anyone ever been able to get a GTX 750 TI to plot? If so. Please tell me how.

Thanks

Sorry. can't find them now, but my posts of those cards is somewhere in https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/gpu-plot-generator.45/page-17. If I use three cards on one rig, I get quite decent speed.
Activity: 588
So the new thing with AT assets is to fund other miners?

Just a FYI, these assets are simply being used to increase hashing power on the network, which of course decreases your income if you're currently mining, and since the price is essentially being held by people holding rather then selling, the price will drop.

It'd be different if you guys were playing a different market besides Burst. Playing the market is the same as shitting where you sleep. Do it some where else. People generally want Burst to rise and that's best for Burst, eating any amount of rise out of the market doesn't help it, it just helps the downtrend of dumps.

You know, something like Burst Long Term Price Support before that fell apart...

Mate, our assets will push Burst's price UP. We don't want to dump! Of the 5k Burst per asset that we get with ByteBank, only a percentage of it will be traded with. If we see that Burst is going hard out up, we will quite likely just hold and cover the 2%. Another month we may end up seeing Burst is gonna drop hard, so we may see 30% of ByteBank and buy it up again. Every single Burst we sell we  will buy back more. Oh, and we pref to use buy and sell orders, so we're ctually just providing liquidity!
legendary

Thanks
Activity: 416
Crow said in another post that he will maintain a buy wall to buy back the asset at the original price. If you don't think the asset is performing the way you'd like, sell it back to him at any time.

H.

check PM
Jump to: