Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 371. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
There definitely needs to be a feature added on the blockchain so people can see the deadline that won a block for verification purposes. I really don't know why it hasn't been done. Since we're all essentially playing the lottery, what lottery doesn't show you the winning numbers?
As far as I know, the "generator" of each block, i.e. the account that won the block, is in the block.  The winning deadline is simply the difference in seconds between the timestamp on the block and the timestamp on the previous block. So essentially, you know who won, and with what deadline.

Good to know, it'd be nice if this was added to the wallet and the blockexplorer on Burstcoin.eu.

I'm not sure why Uray doesn't have the pools combined for payouts. It should just throw it all into the same plot, as far as a pool is concerned it shouldn't matter what pool finds the block if they're all working together.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Mining seems stable for weeks already but it seems that I'm having problem with burstcoin.io lately.

I'm only getting --- Balance every each deadline for almost 12hrs now, no payout received as well.

Their chat box seems not working as well.

Which pool of burstcoin.io are you in? US, SG, or EU? And how many TB do you have?

sg.burstcoin.io
7.2TB actual plot size

Just receive payout just few minutes earlier like 19hrs after my previous.

Actually I faced similar issue and I had private message reply from uray (burstcoin.io owner). Uray did not post reply on his own thread, but I copied his reply to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10467956. And I suggest you read the OP on that thread about difference between US, SG and EU. I have 7TB and finally I moved to US from SG, and I also suggest you use US instead of SG unless you have larger plotted files (or better luck), much stable distribution for our kind of little plots Smiley

Thanks a lot. So US is more stable than SG now?

I read about the difference but to be honest I don't have any problems with earnings using SG for weeks.

From my experience, I would say US distribution is good for a few TB like us.  Cheesy

EDIT: After reading your mined statistics from your BURST address, maybe I'm wrong  Undecided ..... BTW, did you just start with 7.2TB recently?
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Mining seems stable for weeks already but it seems that I'm having problem with burstcoin.io lately.

I'm only getting --- Balance every each deadline for almost 12hrs now, no payout received as well.

Which pool of burstcoin.io are you in? US, SG, or EU? And how many TB do you have?

sg.burstcoin.io
7.2TB actual plot size

Actually I faced similar issue and I had private message reply from uray (burstcoin.io owner). Uray did not post reply on his own thread, but I copied his reply to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10467956. And I suggest you read the OP on that thread about difference between US, SG and EU. I have 7TB and finally I moved to US from SG, and I also suggest you use US instead of SG unless you have larger plotted files (or better luck), much stable distribution for our kind of little plots Smiley

Thanks a lot. So US is more stable than SG now?

I read about the difference but to be honest I don't have any problems with earnings using SG for weeks.

sg.burstcoin.io
7.2TB actual plot size

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
I was thinking about crypto exchanges we should be present with Burst.

Do we have Asian guys here in the community?
There is a OP translation in Japanese, but not in Mandarin afaik. The Chinese Bitcoin Market seems to have huuuge volumes.

The only Chinese altcoin exchange I know of is Bter.

Everyone who trades on Bter should make a point of upvoting the coin on a regular basis.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure

There is a OP translation in Japanese, but not in Mandarin afaik. The Chinese Bitcoin Market seems to have huuuge volumes.

thats a nice idea, lets see if there is someone can help us to do that.

cmon guys you know, BURST is just the BEST alt coin, we need to do things like that to help this FANTASTIC community..
Activity: 302
Merit: 250

LVB
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
There definitely needs to be a feature added on the blockchain so people can see the deadline that won a block for verification purposes. I really don't know why it hasn't been done. Since we're all essentially playing the lottery, what lottery doesn't show you the winning numbers?
As far as I know, the "generator" of each block, i.e. the account that won the block, is in the block.  The winning deadline is simply the difference in seconds between the timestamp on the block and the timestamp on the previous block. So essentially, you know who won, and with what deadline.

sg.burstcoin.io
7.2TB actual plot size

legendary
Why do people stay on a pool when it's clear it's not working? All you have to do is change your reward recipient and enter the pool address in the miner...

legendary
its about time some1 in the know went and updated the OP...
(for the benefit of newcomers)
(howto could be updated too, but i know time is constrained!)

the introduction spiel is abruptly cut short,
theres a few outdated links there and it seems a few things have changed in the past month, with pools and software

past couple of days i havent had much paid out from Mininghere pool, so ive decided to have a go at some of the other pools

the information about which pool to join, based on the what the calculator says and the average payout of the pools miners,
is hardly telling me anything, if anything just confusing me more :/

im trying the Devs V2 pool atm, but keep getting "no valid shares to submit to pool" at each block
(oh now i see one of the instances has found a share, wow - so it appears to be working, and another instance found 2 shares from same block, so dont be put off when you see 'No valid shares to submit to pool' for a while!)

all i did was move my generated plots on each drive into the pocminer_pools\plots folder on each drive,
as you need 1 instance of pocminer_pool miner for each plots folder you have..
(^ for those not so PC savvy)

In my experience pools pay out about 70% of what the calculator says. It also seems as though solo mining you make about 70% of what the calculator says, sometimes much less (never more then 100% in my experience though).

Best pool I used seemed to be the dev pool with the most consistent and equal payouts. I used a couple other pools before going back to solo.

I'd highly suggest new people carefully look at Burst before diving in. I'm starting to regret it. The only reason the 'value' of the coin is so high is because a lot of people are holding it. If you look at Poloniex you can see what's happening as miners are dumping on it (it's slowly declining) without anyone actually buying it because they want it. If everyone that mined was dumping it then the coin would immediately bottom out. It's artificially high as I pointed out last fall.

Activity: 619

Now at 48% funded. I still need your help!

If you want how to install the crowdfund extension, loot at burstcoin.info Guides.
thx

Update and News:
www.burstcoin.de

New Feature I added the manual How to install the wallet on a local windows system

------

Help me to keep up the page and enhance the information for the german community.

220k to go in the CF. Please do some donations!!!! This is very much work and this will bring us and the price up. So please help to make this a success!

How to donate? look into my sig, open the atcrowdfund.html and pledge for my project.
You can also support me by sending direct to my Burst Account: BURST-AJ63-3W8L-FGBT-2ALZE

Thanks!!!!
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

The dev. Just one Cheesy

Just one?  Wow, must be a busy person.

I'd call vbecas a dev too.. in fact we've got lots of devs, only one core dev dedicated to burst.. unless you count the Nxt team, who's updates are often merged in.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Are the devs aware of the critical security update for jetty?  NXT and other similar coins have updated their version of jetty but the BURST client has not updated yet.  1.2.2 is running one of the affected versions.
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/jetty-announce/msg00074.html

Well am sure it is in the working for Burst to be updated and then fixed. No doubt it will get fixed when they have time to. Lots of stuff is coming and am sure once got around to it will make the changes to include fixes to bring back up to date and more secure.
Activity: 459

The dev. Just one Cheesy

Just one?  Wow, must be a busy person.
Activity: 588
Are the devs aware of the critical security update for jetty?  NXT and other similar coins have updated their version of jetty but the BURST client has not updated yet.  1.2.2 is running one of the affected versions.

The dev. Just one Cheesy
Activity: 459
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I have been using cryptomining.farm and have no problems with payouts and downtime is so little I hardly noticed it when there was some. I used to be on burst.ga and it was a good pool where the owner rewarded its mining members but the downtime and maintenance was too much for me to leave it on and check on the miners minimally. I am a small time burst miner with about 12-15TB worth of storage.
Jump to: