Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 418. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
BURST needs a serious cash injection or large scale adoption for this mining to be worthwhile for me...

inject some then Wink

Also, what defines "worthwhile"? For me, I'm holding all my BURST because I can see the future, and it's bright.

if you're about mining for instant profit, tell me a coin that's profitable right now for that?

Just relax, things will get crazy soon, and you can mine and dump to your heart's content, while the rest of us hold and make real money. Cheesy
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^I still can't deploy the AT. The problem should be the fees, because there are just 2 BURST in the wallet (BURST-RUL4-HV8X-C2US-79AAU). I'll send some there when I solo-mine a block and I'll try again.
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer

You could try the version I got from there few days ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2degd5msjpyfpo/atcrowdfund.html?dl=0. There could be a bug in the original html file, because I'm still trying to deploy a Crowdfunding AT for my project and it still gives an error:

You still have problem's deploying a CF or you managed to do it with that html version?

What are the fees to deploy a crowdfunding AT?

The fees for deploying CF are 10 burst coins and they are hardcoded in the html file.
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Hey,

The Crowdfund case is here and ready to be used to fund your projects and ideas. The rules are simple.
You define a name, a description, the total duration of the crowdfunding and the total amount you need to gather. After the duration you have set, the AT checks the total amount gathered and if is greater than the one you have asked, the total amount is sent back to the ATs creators account. If the project is not successfully funded then refunds all the participants the amount they have sent minus the fees the AT needs for processing ( approx. 7 bursts ).

After the crowdfund case is done, the AT acts as a donation address, where any amount sent to the AT goes to the creator of the AT.

As in the lottery case I created a html file for making things easier for anyone interested in creating his project or help funding the project. If you want to use the html file then copy it under html/ui/ directory.
The resulting html looks like that:

You can find the corresponding html here: http://burstcoin.info/d/cf
and the assembly code of the CF case here: http://pastebin.com/09j994Yc

I found a bug. The wallet mixes up the lotteries and the crowdfunds. On one pc I can see the lotteries and the crowdfunds in the atcrowdfund.html and on the other computer I see both lotteries and crowdfunds in the atlotteries.html.

They link http://burstcoin.info/d/cf   does not work for me

You could try the version I got from there few days ago: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2degd5msjpyfpo/atcrowdfund.html?dl=0. There could be a bug in the original html file, because I'm still trying to deploy a Crowdfunding AT for my project and it still gives an error:

Hey,

The Crowdfund case is here and ready to be used to fund your projects and ideas. The rules are simple.
You define a name, a description, the total duration of the crowdfunding and the total amount you need to gather. After the duration you have set, the AT checks the total amount gathered and if is greater than the one you have asked, the total amount is sent back to the ATs creators account. If the project is not successfully funded then refunds all the participants the amount they have sent minus the fees the AT needs for processing ( approx. 7 bursts ).

After the crowdfund case is done, the AT acts as a donation address, where any amount sent to the AT goes to the creator of the AT.

As in the lottery case I created a html file for making things easier for anyone interested in creating his project or help funding the project. If you want to use the html file then copy it under html/ui/ directory.

I tried to create a Crowdfund AT, but it gives an error:

The name should not contain spaces Smiley
I tried it again without spaces - same error. Are there other limitations? Do I need anything else except 1.2.2 wallet and atcrowdfund.html? What is the fee needed - there are just 2 burst there (BURST-RUL4-HV8X-C2US-79AAU)?

There is a limitation on the total size the name can be, but i dont recall atm the exact number (maybe 30 chars). Maybe that is th reason you are getting rejection. Can you try with a shorter name instead?
Same error. Are there limitations in the characters used in description (except max 990 chars)?

What are the fees to deploy a crowdfunding AT?
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
It would be nice if Blagos had some normal stat reporting for your session (like sgminer). Such as the lowest deadline, average lowest deadline, lowest block time, average lowest block time (say bottom 5 or 10%), average block time, slowest disks, disk throughput while mining, time you've been mining for, disk temps (simple temp read from smart attributes and possibly smart fail status), average chance to find block/lowest/highest, average chance to find block last 3 mines, the version of the miner (instead of scrolling off the screen). Adding the ability to start the program with a certain affinity or priority. Adding the ability to prioritize certain disks too. So if you have some NAS or USB disks on hubs you could queue them to start after the SATA disks finish, if you have 100% of your processor being utilized.

Also don't know if it's possible, but SSE3 or SSE4A support would be great as well as a lot of people are running on slightly older hardware. I haven't benchmarked to see how much of a boost these instruction sets are offering Blagos currently (using a SSE4 enabled processor or AVX), but I assume it's something.

Some of those things are more important then others, such as block times and deadline readouts, but a lot of that stuff is important to see so you can get a general sense of the health of your miner, drives, the network, and some quality of life readouts.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Code:

{
   "Mode" : "poolV2",

"Server" : "178.62.39.204",
   "Port": 8121,

"UpdaterAddr" : "178.62.39.204",
   "UpdaterPort": 8121,

"EnableProxy": false,
   "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["l:\\plots","f:\\plots","j:\\plots","k:\\plots","m:\\plots","i:\\plots","n:\\plots","p:\\plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 200000,

"ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,

"UseSorting" : false,
   "Debug": false,

"SendBestOnly": false,

"UseFastRcv" : true,
   "SendInterval": 100,
   "UpdateInterval": 2000
}

No deadlines found in most cases at devpool, is it normal? Or did I miss anything? Thanks for help~~

normal.
see pool's TargetDeadline in your log  Wink

"height": "65473",
  "generationSignature": "e752b64a65dbe669263bca25e7abda4d29b53dddd880f8816743a21aeb7f6f52",
  "baseTarget": "1356316",
  "targetDeadline": "200000"

Thank you very much, Blago! Since the devpool did not mention about deadline limit, so I thought it was no deadline limit, and did not notice of the targetdeadline parameter at set reward assignment.

Then I should plot more harddisk in order to use devpool...
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
Hey,

I found a bug. The wallet mixes up the lotteries and the crowdfunds. On one pc I can see the lotteries and the crowdfunds in the atcrowdfund.html and on the other computer I see both lotteries and crowdfunds in the atlotteries.html.

They link http://burstcoin.info/d/cf   does not work for me
Activity: 416

Code:

{

"Paths":["l:\\plots","f:\\plots","j:\\plots","k:\\plots","m:\\plots","i:\\plots","n:\\plots","p:\\plots"],

}

No deadlines found in most cases at devpool, is it normal? Or did I miss anything? Thanks for help~~

normal.
see pool's TargetDeadline in your log  Wink

"height": "65473",
  "generationSignature": "e752b64a65dbe669263bca25e7abda4d29b53dddd880f8816743a21aeb7f6f52",
  "baseTarget": "1356316",
  "targetDeadline": "200000"
Activity: 423

Really you should have a static block reward + fees, which never changes. The value of mining is determined by market worth. Coin mining would just cut off at whatever cap you want it to eventually reach. To that end, I don't think I've ever seen a coin gain 'value' by being fully mined. Usually at the end of the mine, there is a big 'boost' which is usually just a pump, and then it's all dumped and the coin fades to nothingness as they don't have anything going for them besides mining, which was driving all the interest.

I disagree about how a coin should work. I think it is vitally important that people know the total quantity of the coin, and that this quantity is final. The problem with all the fiat currencies that always end up worthless is indeed that they keep on printing more and more. If burst was one of those coins where the supply is unlimited, i would never have started mining. With the current math of burst you know that it is a store of value, that it is in a way just like holding gold.  I think a reason that many people shy from most current PoS coins as they are set up, is indeed that they suck as store of value, because you need to keep your wallet open just to keep the value, otherwise you lose out fast due to interest being paid by printing more coins, and debasing all existing coins.

I know that opinions differ reg. wether a currency should be worth less and less each year, or wether it should have a fixed amount in existance, and thus be worth more and more (as at least some coins will be lost over time). - we will probably figure this one out once and for all by looking at all the altcoins and cryptos in 10 years, and do the stats on what has survived and is being used. The current stats are way in favor of coins where the total supply is fixed.  This lesson seems to also have bene learned in the real world historically, where people tend to spend the bad currency and keep the good, which makes sure that the good currency keeps its price and buying power over time.

I think a lot of over emphasis is placed on 'scarcity' of a coin. A lot of coins never reach the point where scarcity actually makes it more valuable or is even a useful attribute. Even Bitcoin hasn't been fully mined yet, and when it does, the entire mining ecosystem that has been built around it will collapse, although it will definitely survive it, mining itself drives almost all coins. You can trade any coin, that doesn't mean it's worth paying attention to though. Arguably what makes Burst unique is the mining process and that pretty much alone has been driving it along (as well as the mining community that has built up around it).

The worth of a cryptocoin today I believe is definitely not based off of how many there will eventually be. There are plenty of coins that have failed while being very limited or having a extremely small mine window.

Burst could have a unlimited mine window and as long as the supply is controlled, it would still be in the same position it already is. There are very few if any coins that have been helped by making coins rare. That just kills off the mining community, which then kills off the coin. It's all about controlling supply, which was another part of what I talked about.

Is there anywhere to see a more in depth block break down then? http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time

What do you exactly want to see? Maybe i can add it.

@whoever runs http://burstcoin.eu/

Do you think you could add the ability to sort average block time on a weekly and daily basis? Also please add the ability to break down blocktimes into smaller increments. More tools for analysis, the better.

Adding a graph like BTC wisdom, where you could see the block breakdown by days would be great.

Code:

{

}

legendary
Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021
BURST needs a serious cash injection or large scale adoption for this mining to be worthwhile for me...
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How do you mine to a wallet on a different computer? I tried running a wallet on a different computer across the network, changed this:
nxt.apiServerHost=0.0.0.0
nxt.allowedBotHosts=0.0.0.0
(could access the wallet from a different computer)

And changed this:
   "UpdaterAddr" : "192.168.0.98",
   "Server" : "192.168.0.98

It seems as though the miner could connect, but wouldn't start mining.

I'd really like to know this as I would like to centralize my wallets, I know questions get lost really easily in this thread.

conf/nxt-default.properties

change lines
100 :
Code:
nxt.allowedBotHosts=127.0.0.1; localhost; [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1]; 
to
Code:
nxt.allowedBotHosts=*
and 107:
Code:
nxt.apiServerHost=127.0.0.1
to
Code:
nxt.apiServerHost=0.0.0.0.0

That should be all Cheesy

+1

good tutorial iron!!!

Activity: 286

Really you should have a static block reward + fees, which never changes. The value of mining is determined by market worth. Coin mining would just cut off at whatever cap you want it to eventually reach. To that end, I don't think I've ever seen a coin gain 'value' by being fully mined. Usually at the end of the mine, there is a big 'boost' which is usually just a pump, and then it's all dumped and the coin fades to nothingness as they don't have anything going for them besides mining, which was driving all the interest.

I disagree about how a coin should work. I think it is vitally important that people know the total quantity of the coin, and that this quantity is final. The problem with all the fiat currencies that always end up worthless is indeed that they keep on printing more and more. If burst was one of those coins where the supply is unlimited, i would never have started mining. With the current math of burst you know that it is a store of value, that it is in a way just like holding gold.  I think a reason that many people shy from most current PoS coins as they are set up, is indeed that they suck as store of value, because you need to keep your wallet open just to keep the value, otherwise you lose out fast due to interest being paid by printing more coins, and debasing all existing coins.

I know that opinions differ reg. wether a currency should be worth less and less each year, or wether it should have a fixed amount in existance, and thus be worth more and more (as at least some coins will be lost over time). - we will probably figure this one out once and for all by looking at all the altcoins and cryptos in 10 years, and do the stats on what has survived and is being used. The current stats are way in favor of coins where the total supply is fixed.  This lesson seems to also have bene learned in the real world historically, where people tend to spend the bad currency and keep the good, which makes sure that the good currency keeps its price and buying power over time.

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Is there anywhere to see a more in depth block break down then? http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time

What do you exactly want to see? Maybe i can add it.
Activity: 534
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
Hi mates,

Can someone please tell me the current rate for BURST per day for 1TB?

Cheers.

Noto so much!
But you can check here for more details

http://burstcoin.eu

Bye bye

Nice, cheers.
Activity: 256
Anyone else getting problems on http://cryptomining.farm/ pool finding to continues to drop connection and error out and uable to mine. Been like this most the day. Anyone else got same problems?

Keep getting the following problems on pool

please please open proxy mode on blago miner
thanks

People! You make your own problems at the pool.
Limit your outgoing deadlines.
For example, cryptomining.farm, Total Miners= 972 .
If everyone sends 10 deadlines, the server creates a queue of 9720 messages that the server should check and confirm ...
A very large load on the server and bandwidth.
If you set your average TargetDeadline to send 2-3 deadline for each block, the server will works 3-5 times better (972*3).

if this means the pools code cannot scale its time to redesign it from scratch.

changing anything in the miners behaviour only extends the core issue for some time.
i made some own code hacks to calculate deadlines based on nonces with the dcct miner and plot code and came to the conclusion that one server should be able to handle at least 80 checks per second.
if this is not enough more servers are required. based on running costs for the pool this means every 500-1000 miner require a own verification node.

if the current poolserver code does not only act as a "webserver" on the hardware and as long as there are no restrictions on the submitted shares like the dev pools have each of these pools can get ddosed with really few bandwidth usage and a few lines of code (as long as they respond under regular load).

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
USB drives disconnect... on an occasion anyways I see movement towards 200 sat territory but big blocks of > 200K are still 220 sat. don't want to overpay if I can  

200K BURST is laying there at 220 sat for all day almost , someone is very patient as am I  hunting down 1 million BURST that is my target at 200 and if I can and will wait at 180 sat

220 & 224 sat will yield 350K , that is with current pace 100 Tera drives working non stop for > 2 months non stop  

who the heck is selling at these price levels.. like really.. I am pretty amazed actually , only access to ultra cheap or free disk drives at high capacity maybe

seller moved closer to my threshold 218 for 200K now... lets see and moved back up to 220 but this is no profit.. it is pretty funny actually

definitely some access to free drives so then 200$ in his pocket.. but still this is no real  profit.. anyways lets see what he/she does...  as I am sure he/she reads this thread

this could be a bot actually even at 200K although that is large sum for BURST trade.. pattern is oscillating up and down 220 then 218 and again 220 not a human hand is doing this.. a bot for sure

this ain't going anywhere tonight.. bot is probing 218 and 220 sat level for 200K block.. not this time.. speak soon

love the analysis.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
USB drives disconnect... on an occasion anyways I see movement towards 200 sat territory but big blocks of > 200K are still 220 sat. don't want to overpay if I can  

200K BURST is laying there at 220 sat for all day almost , someone is very patient as am I  hunting down 1 million BURST that is my target at 200 and if I can and will wait at 180 sat

220 & 224 sat will yield 350K , that is with current pace 100 Tera drives working non stop for > 2 months non stop  

who the heck is selling at these price levels.. like really.. I am pretty amazed actually , only access to ultra cheap or free disk drives at high capacity maybe

seller moved closer to my threshold 218 for 200K now... lets see and moved back up to 220 but this is no profit.. it is pretty funny actually

definitely some access to free drives so then 200$ in his pocket.. but still this is no real  profit.. anyways lets see what he/she does...  as I am sure he/she reads this thread

this could be a bot actually even at 200K although that is large sum for BURST trade.. pattern is oscillating up and down 220 then 218 and again 220 not a human hand is doing this.. a bot for sure

this ain't going anywhere tonight.. bot is probing 218 and 220 sat level for 200K block.. not this time.. speak soon
Activity: 416
Anyone else getting problems on http://cryptomining.farm/ pool finding to continues to drop connection and error out and uable to mine. Been like this most the day. Anyone else got same problems?

Keep getting the following problems on pool

please please open proxy mode on blago miner
thanks

People! You make your own problems at the pool.
Limit your outgoing deadlines.
For example, cryptomining.farm, Total Miners= 972 .
If everyone sends 10 deadlines, the server creates a queue of 9720 messages that the server should check and confirm ...
A very large load on the server and bandwidth.
If you set your average TargetDeadline to send 2-3 deadline for each block, the server will works 3-5 times better (972*3).
Anyone experiencing crash randomly on get mining info failed message?

sometimes... do you have it often?
Jump to: