Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 421. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
I am now a Burstcoin Millionair Wink

So you own over 1 million Burst? Nice to see you holding so much. Dont be hating any time soon and dumping Tongue
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I am now a Burstcoin Millionair Wink
legendary
New section added into guide.

Mining Pools list with most current and up to date pools to keep miners happy Smiley Also going to be adding a few other sections into it too that will be a little surprise to people using the guide Smiley
legendary
koko doubled his investment just now kind of waited all day long, someone unrolled 250K from mining ops again at 200 satoshi, swallowed it... immediate

Dumpers will dump and hate on it. Am here for the long run and dont intend to dump my stash of more than that. So can only wait and see what the future holds.

And an update regarding guide got a fair bit of it updated and will be hopefully rapping up next weekend and eventually getting the new and improved guide up for everyone and the new starters to get started out Smiley

legendary.. do you know how hard is to mine this coin and how expensive it is.. so we have BTC at super low , for one BTC one can purchase a semi ok drive of not even high capacity I don't care who is selling but they aint making much profit and off of me they make pennies on the dollar right now

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order

way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup.

I know that was keeping passphrase secure etc. But am looking into paper wallet and looking on how to create one and store coins on paper as offline hard paper wallet. Once got guide down think will look into creating paper wallet for bust if I get the time to Smiley

How about creating a secure pass phase u can remember easily ? That's the safest way because people need to hack your brain to gain access. They cant even find any physical print out of your pass.

Well my password is 40 digits long mixture of letters, numbers special digits and does not make any words up. I know it is secure enough but I would prefer cold storage just like my bitcoin on paper wallets and stored in a secure location.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
koko doubled his investment just now kind of waited all day long, someone unrolled 250K from mining ops again at 200 satoshi, swallowed it... immediate

Dumpers will dump and hate on it. Am here for the long run and dont intend to dump my stash of more than that. So can only wait and see what the future holds.

And an update regarding guide got a fair bit of it updated and will be hopefully rapping up next weekend and eventually getting the new and improved guide up for everyone and the new starters to get started out Smiley

legendary.. do you know how hard is to mine this coin and how expensive it is.. so we have BTC at super low , for one BTC one can purchase a semi ok drive of not even high capacity I don't care who is selling but they aint making much profit and off of me they make pennies on the dollar right now

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order

way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup.

I know that was keeping passphrase secure etc. But am looking into paper wallet and looking on how to create one and store coins on paper as offline hard paper wallet. Once got guide down think will look into creating paper wallet for bust if I get the time to Smiley

How about creating a secure pass phase u can remember easily ? That's the safest way because people need to hack your brain to gain access. They cant even find any physical print out of your pass.
legendary

Activity: 868

There is no need for backup wallet. U don't even need to back up anything if u remember your pass phase. That's the magic of burst. U can access your burst anywhere , anytime , any platform as long as u remember your pass phase. There is no .wallet file to backup. U don't have to import anything. Type in your pass phase and u are good to go. This is not bitcoin. This is burst !
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
legendary

It is tough to get started but once you got the simple steps in order like wallet files plotting and so forth it gets simple on the way the ncan go to exchange and buy. Its way under prriced in my option but holding some reserves right now and keeping rest in offline wallet stored on back up hard drive.

Little insight to new guide.

Should soon have the rest done on it have  the first 2 sections done and dusted now working though plotting and mining and a few other bits. Once this is all done then going to go over it for spelling at the min its just rough Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

preparing to pick up 213000.00000000 at 202 satoshi , he /she even added 50K to the sell order, 199 sat.. waiting a bit but not too long

damn... can't do exceed a limit.. would have chunked up to 1 million BURST.. got close though.. not selling even 1 , see you soon
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

let's see.. next bigger lot is 156,960.10747000  he/she wants 202 sat... thinking thinking...
Activity: 714
My first 3TB Burst HDD started mining 24.08.14.
ROI was 5 days. (~120$).
Oh... That was a time... Smiley

Shit, I was late  Embarrassed
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Would it be possible for you to provide some detailed instructions on how exactly you go from the assembly code to a published AT? I'm aware of the Scala AT assembler, but I'm not sure exactly what steps to take to actually use the assembler and publish the AT to the Burst network with all the right parameters. Also, is there any test environment for ATs? Thanks!
That assembler is currently the best way to compile ATs to bytecode. A precompiled jar of it probably should be made, but if you compile it you just need to pass a filename of assembly code to it and it'll dump the bytecode.

For publishing, in the wallet go to transactions -> ATs, then click Create AT. Set any name and description, paste the bytecode into the code field. If your at expects any data to be already set when it starts you can use the the data field, otherwise leave it blank. data pages * 256 is the number of bytes of space your at has. all variable are 64bit, so you get 32 variables per data page, so pick an appropriate number. call stack pages is only needed if you use call/ret opcodes for subroutines, but same idea as data pages, except its how deep you can nest calls. user stack is only needed for push/pop opcodes, and same idea as call stack. Min activation amount is the minimum amount which must be sent to an at to wake it back up to avoid dust transaction from wasting all its funds on step fees. The fee is the number of pages total(code pages is calculated automatically). if you set it too low it'll say in an error what the min fee for those settings is, so you might as well just submit it with 1, and see what it says and set that. Nothing will run until you send your at some funds for step fees, so after it has confirmed check the list of your ats in the wallet(transactions -> ats) and send it some coins.

There is no dedicated test environment(yet), so for now what we've been doing is taking the wallet source, editing Constants.java and setting DIGITAL_GOODS_STORE_BLOCK, AUTOMATED_TRANSACTION_BLOCK, AT_FIX_BLOCK_2 all to 0, and setting INITIAL_BASE_TARGET higher(add at least 2 0s to the end), edit the config file to remove the seed nodes, and recompile and you'll have a wallet you can instamine on and supports ATs.

Thanks, this is very helpful!
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
Wonderful, now it works  Grin

It would be nice to write hints like "no spaces" and how long it will take to see the Crowdfunding Project Active. That would help Smiley

I love this coin

Websites are not really my thing, but any recommendation is welcome )). A crowdfund project to be active and to start showing the info properly needs at least one transaction (of at least 2 bursts)
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Wonderful, now it works  Grin

It would be nice to write hints like "no spaces" and how long it will take to see the Crowdfunding Project Active. That would help Smiley

I love this coin
Activity: 137
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
Hey,

The Crowdfund case is here and ready to be used to fund your projects and ideas. The rules are simple.
You define a name, a description, the total duration of the crowdfunding and the total amount you need to gather. After the duration you have set, the AT checks the total amount gathered and if is greater than the one you have asked, the total amount is sent back to the ATs creators account. If the project is not successfully funded then refunds all the participants the amount they have sent minus the fees the AT needs for processing ( approx. 7 bursts ).

After the crowdfund case is done, the AT acts as a donation address, where any amount sent to the AT goes to the creator of the AT.

As in the lottery case I created a html file for making things easier for anyone interested in creating his project or help funding the project. If you want to use the html file then copy it under html/ui/ directory.
The resulting html looks like that:

You can find the corresponding html here: http://burstcoin.info/d/cf
and the assembly code of the CF case here: http://pastebin.com/09j994Yc
I tried to create a Crowdfund AT, but it gives an error:

The name should not contain spaces Smiley
Activity: 794
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Hey,

The Crowdfund case is here and ready to be used to fund your projects and ideas. The rules are simple.
You define a name, a description, the total duration of the crowdfunding and the total amount you need to gather. After the duration you have set, the AT checks the total amount gathered and if is greater than the one you have asked, the total amount is sent back to the ATs creators account. If the project is not successfully funded then refunds all the participants the amount they have sent minus the fees the AT needs for processing ( approx. 7 bursts ).

After the crowdfund case is done, the AT acts as a donation address, where any amount sent to the AT goes to the creator of the AT.

As in the lottery case I created a html file for making things easier for anyone interested in creating his project or help funding the project. If you want to use the html file then copy it under html/ui/ directory.
The resulting html looks like that:

You can find the corresponding html here: http://burstcoin.info/d/cf
and the assembly code of the CF case here: http://pastebin.com/09j994Yc
I tried to create a Crowdfund AT, but it gives an error:

Activity: 588
How do you mine to a wallet on a different computer? I tried running a wallet on a different computer across the network, changed this:
nxt.apiServerHost=0.0.0.0
nxt.allowedBotHosts=0.0.0.0
(could access the wallet from a different computer)

And changed this:
   "UpdaterAddr" : "192.168.0.98",
   "Server" : "192.168.0.98

It seems as though the miner could connect, but wouldn't start mining.

I'd really like to know this as I would like to centralize my wallets, I know questions get lost really easily in this thread.

conf/nxt-default.properties

change lines
100 :
Code:
nxt.allowedBotHosts=127.0.0.1; localhost; [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1];
to
Code:
nxt.allowedBotHosts=*
and 107:
Code:
nxt.apiServerHost=127.0.0.1
to
Code:
nxt.apiServerHost=0.0.0.0.0

That should be all Cheesy

Activity: 126
Hi mates,

Can someone please tell me the current rate for BURST per day for 1TB?

Cheers.

Noto so much!
But you can check here for more details

http://burstcoin.eu

Bye bye
Jump to: