Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 433. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Oh Yes,
the new 8TB Seagate Archives Drives are now available in germany. Just orderd 10 for my new miner....

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I noticed the new seagate archive hdd, just wondering if it is good to use for mining, because it's main purpose is "archive", do you have any detailed info about it?

Thanks~~
Activity: 714
Lets say I have 3x2 TB drives and leave my computer on most of the time; would BURST be at all profitable?

I have only 6 TB mining in this pool http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ and now is very profitable,  because low energy usage (max 2-3W per disk!) Think that Burst price will jump at long term! Smiley

Do you mind sharing how many burst coin do you mined at http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ in average with your 6TB? Thanks!  Smiley
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Oh Yes,
the new 8TB Seagate Archives Drives are now available in germany. Just orderd 10 for my new miner....

Grin Grin Grin Grin

oh please - tell me where you ordered them at what price.
This thing has been unsourcable for weeks..
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1043
#Free market
Lets say I have 3x2 TB drives and leave my computer on most of the time; would BURST be at all profitable?

I have only 6 TB mining in this pool http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ and now is very profitable,  because low energy usage (max 2-3W per disk!) Think that Burst price will jump at long term! Smiley

Can u get into ur burst wallet anywhere in world as long as u have passphrase??

sure!!!

this is a standard for all NXT based altCoin.
you have just blockchain data locally on your computer.
"wallet.dat" is on cloud!....

and is not sotred locally!

It is the same thing of know a private key of a bitcoin address , you can "own" the bitcoin contained in it.   ~(Only an example)
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

sure!!!

this is a standard for all NXT based altCoin.
you have just blockchain data locally on your computer.
"wallet.dat" is on cloud!....

and is not sotred locally!
Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Just to be clear on the information posted.   This coin is lower energy usage than POW coin but there is a lot more to consider that just the hard-drive power consumption.  Some peoples PC's will be pulling 150-200W when scanning their drives, and others may only pull 45W.  Power consumption factors for this coin are going to be very depended on the system used.  Some PC's will pull 100W just sitting there waiting for the next block to scan.

The nice thing about the coin is once you have an adequate system setup, increasing mining capacity does not increase electrical draw by anything more than the disk draw. Example: If I am mining with 2 6TB drives and pulling 100W, if I add 2 more 6TB drives my mining capacity has doubled but my electrical draw has probably only increased by ~12W (error on the high side for the example).

Go Burst!!
Activity: 619
Oh Yes,

Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 302
Merit: 250

That's how it works. BUT you have to trust the wallet you're using and the connection MUST be with good encrypted. It's safer to use a local instance.
Your Burst password has to be looong.
Activity: 224

Activity: 280

What is this? More than 12 hours without conf.?

I try redownload blockchain, wallet say "You are most likely on a fork (you have forged the last 10 blocks)."

What can i do?
Invalid ecblock data on that transaction. It'll expire 24 hours after it was sent, then you can try again.

Was your blockchain not fully synced when you tried to send that?
Activity: 207

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
BTW, i think there is some issue with sending BURST from wallet when pasting amount/password from clipboard - sometimes "SEND BURST" button remains locked and greyed out, regardless of properly filled forms. Also the upper-right "X" button doesnt work then, or even whole wallet goes totally unresponsive and re-login is needed. (1.2.1 version)

check if there are sono javascript error...

i mean open consel and check for error message.

hit F12 key to open it
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
BTW, i think there is some issue with sending BURST from wallet when pasting amount/password from clipboard - sometimes "SEND BURST" button remains locked and greyed out, regardless of properly filled forms. Also the upper-right "X" button doesnt work then, or even whole wallet goes totally unresponsive and re-login is needed. (1.2.1 version)
Activity: 416
Blago, is your miner working on dev's pool now? I have this in logs all the time ( v1.150106 ):

Code:
09:06:24 *Connecting to server: 178.62.39.204:8121
09:06:24 *Sent to server: GET /pool/getMiningInfo HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: 178.62.39.204:8121\r\nContent-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8\r\n\r\n
09:06:24 *Received from server: HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nServer: spray-can/1.3.1\r\nDate: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 08:06:23 GMT\r\nContent-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8\r\nContent-Length: 173\r\n\r\n
09:06:24 *Count packets of response: 1
09:06:24 *! error parsing (1) message from server

Config:
Code:
{
   "Mode" : "poolV2",

"Server" : "178.62.39.204",
   "Port": 8121,

"UpdaterAddr" : "178.62.39.204",
   "UpdaterPort": 8121,

"EnableProxy": false,
   "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["E:\\pool1BURST\\plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 200000,

"ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,

"UseSorting" : false,
   "Debug": false,

"SendBestOnly": false,

"UseFastRcv" : true,
   "SendInterval": 100,
   "UpdateInterval": 2000
}

set "UseFastRcv" : false,
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Few questions...I'm new to your community. Great coin. Is this based off Microsofts whitepaper? Also how many coins will exist and when will they all be in circulation? Do you guys ever see this coin hitting .... .1? Or $1? Are there any future plans to market this coin better?
Also when sending burst what is MSG? An what is all this stuff about unencrypted n stuff can someone answer all my questions please and thank you

No idea about any MSR whitepaper either. The idea has been around for a while, notably http://www.openwall.com/presentations/ZeroNights2012-New-In-Password-Hashing/
Activity: 423
What is a good 'cachesize' for Blagos miner for mining solo? I still don't entirely understand what the options do or how they influence the miner. I'm pretty sure it's not a 'cache'.

Is anyone working on a GPU assisted miner or anything like it? Burst definitely could use it. My poor little low end CPUs can't handle this.

To mine burst if is enough an Atom CPU
Different thing is if you intend to plot files.
To plot you need high calc power!
And you already have a GPU plotter.
But i remember you, the last CPU plotter have better performance that GPU plotter.

You may be able to 'mine' with a ATOM, but you will be throwing away the majority of your hashing power as you wont be able to scan your drives before the next block hits (depending on how much storage you have). I can only imagine the eight minute scan times on a Atom with 10TB.

http://burstcoin.eu/charts/average-block-generation-time

You have to finish scanning your plots within 120s, preferably 30s. If a new block hits while your still scanning your drives, you lose any deadlines you may have found in the unscanned portions. I seriously wonder what the average scan time is across the network, the majority of people can't be in under 120s, especially thinking they can mine on a atom (although this depends on how much storage you have). Average scan time / TB
Activity: 522
Blago, is your miner working on dev's pool now? I have this in logs all the time ( v1.150106 ):

Code:
09:06:24 *Connecting to server: 178.62.39.204:8121
09:06:24 *Sent to server: GET /pool/getMiningInfo HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: 178.62.39.204:8121\r\nContent-Type: text/plain;charset=UTF-8\r\n\r\n
09:06:24 *Received from server: HTTP/1.1 200 OK\r\nServer: spray-can/1.3.1\r\nDate: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 08:06:23 GMT\r\nContent-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8\r\nContent-Length: 173\r\n\r\n
09:06:24 *Count packets of response: 1
09:06:24 *! error parsing (1) message from server

Config:
Code:
{
   "Mode" : "poolV2",

"Server" : "178.62.39.204",
   "Port": 8121,

"UpdaterAddr" : "178.62.39.204",
   "UpdaterPort": 8121,

"EnableProxy": false,
   "ProxyPort": 8126,

"Paths":["E:\\pool1BURST\\plots"],
   "CacheSize" : 200000,

"ShowMsg" : false ,
   "ShowUpdates" : false,

"UseSorting" : false,
   "Debug": false,

"UseFastRcv" : true,
   "SendInterval": 100,
   "UpdateInterval": 2000
}
Activity: 140
I just bought a 2,5 tb hdd just to find out my paypal account was frozen due to a ebay buyer that didn't contact me directly but had to open a dispute. On sunday i sold some other articles and i can't even send them out Sad
Financialy i am totaly fucked right now, not enough money on the bank account to cover the credit card invoice.  Cry
Jump to: