Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 434. (Read 2170648 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
What is a good 'cachesize' for Blagos miner for mining solo? I still don't entirely understand what the options do or how they influence the miner. I'm pretty sure it's not a 'cache'.

Is anyone working on a GPU assisted miner or anything like it? Burst definitely could use it. My poor little low end CPUs can't handle this.

To mine burst if is enough an Atom CPU
Different thing is if you intend to plot files.
To plot you need high calc power!
And you already have a GPU plotter.
But i remember you, the last CPU plotter have better performance that GPU plotter.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

@crazyearner -

The pool just isn't finding enough blocks yet. The way the payout system works is as follows...

There are two pies... the historic, and the current.

50% of the payout is based on the historic, and 50% on the current. That way both the block finder, AND the historic "best" miner both get a decent piece.

The way that burst.ga will be setup when switched to the new code, will be for smaller miners, and the pool at burstcoining will be setup for larger ones.

I think I will be switching to the new code ASAP on burst.ga as I'm tired of all the bugs in uray's code.

I will be talking to my developer about getting the new code on burst.ga ASAP.

But yea, the only issue with the burstcoining pool right now, is that the block rate is low, so you're not going to be making as much as you should, since we're not hitting the amount of blocks we should be.

But the new code is WAY better than uray v2. We can also customize it more if we get more people saying they'd like to see things different, it's a process, and I'm super busy lately, so it's difficult to get all the stuff I have to do, done.

But that being said, I really like the completely new code that we have, and once we put it on burst.ga I think it will show it's true potential.

So am guessing you would maybe recommend mining elsewhere to mine continues until all testing has been done and dusted and had the fine tuning unless want to for fit a little of the earnings while are in beta stages.?

Sorry that I'm now mining at other pool, I really cannot afford to loss my coming 3rd forged block again... To me with a little plotted 6TB, it is really hard to forge a block  Cry

I JUST SENT COINS TO MY BURST WALLET...however I closed the wallet by accident and the blockchain was still downloading I re opened my wallet and used the same passphrase however how come my BURST address is now different than the one I sent it to....the blockchain is still updating btw FUCK I HOPE I DIDN'T LOSE MY BURST....FUCK also it said if it was the first time funding ur wallet ur gonna need ur public key...however poloniex.com didn't have a space for public key just the burst address part so that's what I did..m
If you get a different burst address you login with the wrong passphrase for sure!!!!
Chech your password again
 Wink
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
What is a good 'cachesize' for Blagos miner for mining solo? I still don't entirely understand what the options do or how they influence the miner. I'm pretty sure it's not a 'cache'.

Is anyone working on a GPU assisted miner or anything like it? Burst definitely could use it. My poor little low end CPUs can't handle this.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

@crazyearner -

The pool just isn't finding enough blocks yet. The way the payout system works is as follows...

50% of the payout is based on the historic, and 50% on the current. That way both the block finder, AND the historic "best" miner both get a decent piece.

The way that burst.ga will be setup when switched to the new code, will be for smaller miners, and the pool at burstcoining will be setup for larger ones.

I think I will be switching to the new code ASAP on burst.ga as I'm tired of all the bugs in uray's code.

But yea, the only issue with the burstcoining pool right now, is that the block rate is low, so you're not going to be making as much as you should, since we're not hitting the amount of blocks we should be.

But the new code is WAY better than uray v2. We can also customize it more if we get more people saying they'd like to see things different, it's a process, and I'm super busy lately, so it's difficult to get all the stuff I have to do, done.

But that being said, I really like the completely new code that we have, and once we put it on burst.ga I think it will show it's true potential.

So am guessing you would maybe recommend mining elsewhere to mine continues until all testing has been done and dusted and had the fine tuning unless want to for fit a little of the earnings while are in beta stages.?

Sorry that I'm now mining at other pool, I really cannot afford to loss my coming 3rd forged block again... To me with a little plotted 6TB, it is really hard to forge a block  Cry

I JUST SENT COINS TO MY BURST WALLET...however I closed the wallet by accident and the blockchain was still downloading I re opened my wallet and used the same passphrase however how come my BURST address is now different than the one I sent it to....the blockchain is still updating btw FUCK I HOPE I DIDN'T LOSE MY BURST....FUCK also it said if it was the first time funding ur wallet ur gonna need ur public key...however poloniex.com didn't have a space for public key just the burst address part so that's what I did..m
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@crazyearner -

Sorry that I'm now mining at other pool, I really cannot afford to loss my coming 3rd forged block again... To me with a little plotted 6TB, it is really hard to forge a block  Cry
Activity: 462
And regarding this price rise, keep in mind that it wasn't immediately after DPOS and the BitUSD were released that BitShares had a big price jump.. took a couple weeks..  point being, I think we're only at the beginning from the AT effect.  Give Burst one or two more positive things happening soon and we're going to explode onto the scene big time.  Though personally, I think the slower the better..  I think we really need to get more programmers on board at this price for this coin to have long term potential.  More marketers would be nice too.

[---]

We've been in an uptrend since early November. It was clearer on the graphs before today's rally.

Activity: 527
Merit: 503
And regarding this price rise, keep in mind that it wasn't immediately after DPOS and the BitUSD were released that BitShares had a big price jump.. took a couple weeks..  point being, I think we're only at the beginning from the AT effect.  Give Burst one or two more positive things happening soon and we're going to explode onto the scene big time.  Though personally, I think the slower the better..  I think we really need to get more programmers on board at this price for this coin to have long term potential.  More marketers would be nice too.

So again, everyone please reach out to other developers and try to get them invested, maybe we should reach out to Nxt developers again?  Other developers in this field?  Even your programmer friends looking for projects to work on in their spare time.

One project that would be particularly nice would be a nicer plotter/miner tool.  Give it a file location, plot size, and wallet address and it does the rest for you.

How do you install the windows wallet?

Yeah.. that would be another nice one.  We do have permission to port over Nxt's 'Wesley Wallet'   Probably wouldn't be that hard either...
Activity: 152

What is this? More than 12 hours without conf.?

I try redownload blockchain, wallet say "You are most likely on a fork (you have forged the last 10 blocks)."

What can i do?
Activity: 286

So again, everyone please reach out to other developers and try to get them invested, maybe we should reach out to Nxt developers again?  Other developers in this field?  Even your programmer friends looking for projects to work on in their spare time.

One project that would be particularly nice would be a nicer plotter/miner tool.  Give it a file location, plot size, and wallet address and it does the rest for you.

it comes as a zip file, so simply uncompress it to some directory, like, whatever.. i use c:\mining\burst_1.2.1 but whatever will do
then navigate to that directory and run the run.bat file
if the batch file manages to detect java correctly, you should have a window open now, with the title BURST WALLET

at this point, double click the Burst_wallet shortcut inside where you found the run.bat file

that double click should open your browser and show the login screen

at this point, you can type or paste in any burst passphrase and the wallet associated with that passphrase will be opened. If noone else ever used that passphrase you get an empty wallet,
that is all yours unless someone else guesses that passphrase, so chose it wisely and randomly. perhaps use lastpass or keepass or the like to generate and remember it.

Hope the above is pointers enough to get you going, otherwise come back with specifics, and i, or others will help out with the details.

Most people who get lost have problems bc the batch file doesn't find java, so they never even get to start the java program that is running the show.

When you manage to get the wallet started, it will download the blockchain and that takes considerable time. The web interface will show that the chain is downloading, be patient. it can take hours. You can also download a copy from (i think) burstcoin.info that should get you going somewhat faster.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
This was fun  Grin

ccex is one crazy exchange... 333sat atm

But deposits take too long time!

Looks that way bittrex seem to be going up gradual but people knocking it back. Maybe we all get to see 1k by weekend would be a nice rise for burst go get into the 1k filed

Nowhere comes near poloniex's level: 24hr Volume: 213.46380666 BTC / 73288918.53277030 BURST
Price reached 399 sat. What a great day for BURST.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
This was fun  Grin

Looks that way bittrex seem to be going up gradual but people knocking it back. Maybe we all get to see 1k by weekend would be a nice rise for burst go get into the 1k filed
Activity: 597
Merit: 506

Different topic, apparently people in the poloniex troll box are calling Burst a ponzei scheme. Might be worth having a couple people go over there and discuss the advantages of Burst and why you think it'll survive in the long run.

"Ponzi scheme" just seems to be a stock criticism of any cryptocurrency that's seen a rise, from people who are sore that they didn't get in earlier. If anything Burst seems to have a much fairer distribution model than most other projects.
Activity: 286
Few questions...I'm new to your community. Great coin. Is this based off Microsofts whitepaper? Also how many coins will exist and when will they all be in circulation? Do you guys ever see this coin hitting .... .1? Or $1? Are there any future plans to market this coin better?
Also when sending burst what is MSG? An what is all this stuff about unencrypted n stuff can someone answer all my questions please and thank you

I haven't heard any microsoft whitepater mentioned, so i would be surprised. However, burst is likely being inspired by other coins and other ideas. Its sourcecode is based on NXT sourcecode, but with some additions, adding new features on top of what NXT has. BURST is implemented in java, so instantly quite cross platform with little effort.

About 1/4th of all BURST coins have been mined, so about 3/4rds left to be mined. Everything else being equal, expect price to go down 75% due to inflation. (oh, btw. everything else is of course NOT equal). BURST price got here while having hevy inflation, but the amount of BURST per block is reduced by 5% every month, so the inflation is getting lower all the time, and if demand rises steadily, it will mean rising prices.

With 2 bln burst coins in total, and a feature way richer than bitcoin, i see no reason why burst should not get a fair piece of the pie, but given 2bln burst coins and 20mln bitcoins, a BTC price of 0.01 would indicate even between the two. We would need a very large adoption of BURST before that happened, but the tech. and feature set is fine - what we need i think is of course more core developers, and more users. This could happen over time, BURST is crypto 2.0 and architecturally way newer than bitcoin, building og lessons learned with BTC, taking the good, ditching the bad.

above also answers your other question...  with BTC around $200, there is no reason why burst should not become $2  - in 2-3 years from now - if we manage to share the market between the two coins.  I'd say first goalpost is to match the NXT market cap, which is way up compared to burst already, then we'll see about the rest from there.

Also, if BTC do another 10 bagger due to crypto rising and gaining acceptance in general, burst would likely just follow suit and do a 10 bagger too, so you have two things working for you - crypto gaining market share in the total market of services that blockchain tech. can work in (decentralized banking, currencies, contracts, exchanges etc.) - and then the internal battle between burst and other crypto coins, where i would clearly argue that burst is probably deserving at least a top-10 mktcap in a few years, if not top-5.. what would make burst into a 10 to 20 bagger from here, as i see it, is burstcoin and a bunch of other developers coming together and creating a core developer group, reducing the risk that currently burstcoin is doing way too much of the core development lifning.  Everywhere else than core, burst is already having multiple developers working with similar projects, and thus burst is super hard to knock off its #1 spot, as we have several independent wallet coders, several independent pool codes, several independent block explorer coders, etc. etc. etc.  we even now have a group doing PR and information spreading, they just started out, but they seem to have awaken a few crypto traders with money to spare, since the market was rutled the way it was today.

the MSG is simply a text you can send to the reciever of the coins. You can write thanks for the stuff, an order #, or some super secret message, it is optional if other ppl should be able to see the msg, or just you.

BURST is not a no-brainer at this point, but when it is clearly a no-brainer we will be at 20x current prices and the 100 bagger scenario might be too late.. jmho..

i've been mining since i stumbled upon the (then not really mentioned anywhere) coin, back in sep. i think, and at current prices, i could sell all the burst i mined, and have all the money back i spent on 40TB disk space, so 40TB free disks for me. However, i'm holding for the long term, as i have a very hard time seeing burst not making it, given that so many very experienced and very good developers, AND entrepeneurs of all kinds are wholly or partly involved, so even if the original and current major core workhorse burstcoin went on vacation tomorrow, it would probably only take the community half a year or so to recover and get going without him. burst is too big to be killed of easily now - too many of us too heavily invested to let it go without a major fight.

This is sort of like bitcoin somewhere between 2011 and 2012 - and the moment a more than one team of developers for core is established, i see no reason why we should not hit NXT marketcap inside a few weeks.

btw. burstcoin the main developer has been taking so much care of burst you'd think someone was paying him to do it, or that he was already dreadfully well off,and just coding it sitting in his beach house somewhere nice. The innovation and stability of this coin is amazing, giving that it is a lot of new shit built on top of the shit, which is again inspired by almighty bitcoin itself.

burstcoin the main driver of things never tried to promote this, or hasten the adoption or pump up the price or anything. he/she is concentrating on the tech 100% and this strategy has made for a steady rise in adoption, use, support and awareness. much more steady than many other coins. This is a great asset now - burstcoin and the early adopters have shown by their actions that they are here for the tech and for the long run, not running away after the first pump out there...

all just my humble opinion.

btw. this rise today is nothing. I remember aliencoin rising 30000% (300 times up) inside 7 days earlier last year (2014). it came back down most of the way, but i think (from memory, could be way off) we were left 10 to 20 times higher than where we started... THAT* was a pump with some kahoots.

Activity: 462
This was fun  Grin

This is set to go crazy soon, it has been slept on for too long.

Few questions...I'm new to your community. Great coin. Is this based off Microsofts whitepaper? Also how many coins will exist and when will they all be in circulation? Do you guys ever see this coin hitting .... .1? Or $1?

Sidenote: I can't figure out how to install the wallet

I see it hitting $100 some day.. granted that'll be a while and who knows what could happen on the mean time to challenge that. This coin has a lot of advantages over POW and POS though.. and I'm in it for the long run.

Different topic, apparently people in the poloniex troll box are calling Burst a ponzei scheme. Might be worth having a couple people go over there and discuss the advantages of Burst and why you think it'll survive in the long run.

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
crowetic regarding your pool http://pool.burstcoining.com:8124/ how does payments work on this as I seem to be earning a lot less than I use to make and generating about 4 to 5K burst per day I am currently growing my plots to about 10TB or so and when I was mining on other pools with only 4TB plotted was making about 3 to 4k per day. What is different  on your pool that is causing a reduced pay out daily.

Also the payments that are set is their any option to increase them as my wallet getting attacked with liek 5 burst 4 burst or 10 burst payments

Wow, I'm new to burst and I have nearly 6TB but cannot even get 1.2k per day most of the time at burst.ga, and was thinking to try pool.burstcoining.com... But I thought that was normal because https://bchain.info/BURST/tools/calculator shows that average of 1.5k per day with 6TB, I never think of can have more than expected, or the calculator shows a conservative earning?
Do you mind to share which pool do you used previously with 4TB that made 3~4k per day? Thank you very much  Smiley

And I forged a block 19 hours ago but still no reward payment yet... Don't tell me this is the same bug that happened to me again in V2 pool   Cry

Any pool with bug fixed? Or maybe I really should spare time to create a new pool with brand new coding~~   Undecided

@crazyearner -

Few questions...I'm new to your community. Great coin. Is this based off Microsofts whitepaper? Also how many coins will exist and when will they all be in circulation? Do you guys ever see this coin hitting .... .1? Or $1? Are there any future plans to market this coin better?
Also when sending burst what is MSG? An what is all this stuff about unencrypted n stuff can someone answer all my questions please and thank you
This is set to go crazy soon, it has been slept on for too long.

Sidenote: I can't figure out how to install the wallet will there ever be a basic qt wallet or an android or IOS wallet??

That's where i see it going, 1 dollar. But don't listen to me, that's a wee way off yet Cheesy

Jump to: