Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 446. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500
"when funding your account for the first time, you also need to include your public key"

...how?

I don't think it is needed now, just go to http://burstcoin.eu/faucet to have your startup coin into burst world~~
Activity: 200
Merit: 100
"when funding your account for the first time, you also need to include your public key"

...how?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Let me know if you still have issues on your Mac.  You'll probably have to download and install JDK java development kit 8 for Mac for Burst wallet to run, at least that's what I had to do. 

Hey everyone I just stumbled on BurstCoin, I am running Mac OS X and I want to get involved in this coin.
Questions:
1. How do I get a wallet setup/compiled
2. How do I get the miner setup/compiled
I don't have a lot of experience in compiling so a speaking in Newbie terms would be great.
Thank you for your time. Cheesy
Activity: 827
8pool updated wallet to 1.2.1 !
Enjoy!
 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Although vbcs will have more definitive answers for the questions about the lottery the basic things to note are this:

- the current winner is the holder of the current best ticket (the final winner will be the best ticket when the lottery is due to payout)
- the tickets themselves are random values (that appear only after a certain number of blocks) and the current best ticket is the highest ticket number that has been issued since the last payout
- if you are the holder of the current best ticket then that value will appear highlighted (so you can see you are the current winner)
- total amount to win is basically the balance of the AT at the time of payout (minus a small amount for the fees to process and send the payout)
- the current lottery takes no % or income at all (just miners get some fees for running it)
Activity: 252
im glad the fork just got fixed the lottery amasingly its not my major interest do keep news on other technical support for us guys to be able to mine this coin its good profit a year
Activity: 462
We've got these questions (slightly edited by my) from Ronald in Taiwan, can you help him get the answers, please:

Hi,

good job with the SC and AT. I wish I am the lucky winner, since I also bought one ticket.

It would be nice if it will be integrated into the wallet directly later, so that we can switch forth and back easier.

I would also like more explanation of what I am looking at. The instructions misses the explanation between 2. and 3. ;-)

- Who is the Current Winner?
- Why is there a Current Best Ticket?
- Total Amount in the pot to win?
- Where is the Lottery income % or amount?
- Next Draw: after block 62281   - What block are we now? Can we get a
- time estimate when that will be happening?
- Account id ...   Monitor   Huh

I put in my Account (with which I purchased the ticket)
- How can I copy that to my own lottery?

- I also asked at a lots of places how I can become a node. I am already
running a node for NXT. I have currently a 100/40 MBs line to my home. In the next weeks I
should be upgrade to 300/300 MBs. So, bandwidth is not an issue.
Or will be a node just put as static address/IP into the wallet's config file?[

Bye,
Ronald
/quote]

The media attention continues. Our press release got published, slightly modified, in a mainstream UK paper today, The UK News:

http://www.theuknews.com/index.php/nav/newsr/5228

A new mainstream media article with an interview is coming in a day or two, btw.
Activity: 423
The idea isn't to just dispose of burst, but remove part of it from circulation as it will increase the value of the remaining burst. A 'state run' lottery so to speak is a good way to do this. While returning the burst to the market through the actual lottery winner and through miner fees are good, you have to think about people actually utilizing the burst to purchase things, rather then just trade. Since people really aren't using burst to purchase anything other then other currencies, then something in the economy itself has to serve as the 'purchase' and production value to eat some of the currency.
Activity: 137
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
Curious, is the lottery 100% payout? Something like that could actually be used to drive up the price of burst, say if it destroyed 10% of the pot each time... That's just one idea, but there are a lot of ways you could use that to increase the value of Burst inherently from inside the coin.

The ticket size is 2015 burst. The processing fees the Lottery needs to run, every time, averages at 15 bursts approx. These fees goes to the miners. So the actual ticket size is 2000 that is taken into account when AT Lottery makes the payment. If you want to burn a portion it is possible to create an AT that foes nothing, and every amount sent to it is useless. Also cant you just burn burst by sending them to the genesis account? Why to use the Lottery case for that?
Curious, is the lottery 100% payout? Something like that could actually be used to drive up the price of burst, say if it destroyed 10% of the pot each time... That's just one idea, but there are a lot of ways you could use that to increase the value of Burst inherently from inside the coin.
Activity: 456
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
I have a transaction that made 9 hours ago that still not confirmed, I'm on 1.2.1 wallet, what I can do ?
Activity: 619
ah ok,
perhaps you sould only ask how much tickets someone wants to buy and dont show the amount in nqt, just the final amount of burst that will be transfered depending of the count of the tickets.

this would be self explaining for the users.

finally i bougt one :-)
Activity: 137
AT - Automated Transactions - CIYAM Developer
i just bought a lottery ticket. hope that i be the lucky one.  Grin

äh i´m a little confused. do i enter in the amount field for the lottery 1 for 1 ticket oder 2015 for 1 ticket?

I just tried with 1 and i send 1 burst. i think thats wrong?!

Can some explain and can someone clear this point in the manuel for the lottery?

The amounts are in NQT so to send 2015 bursts =201500000000 NQT
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Can some explain and can someone clear this point in the manuel for the lottery?

Have let vbcs know about your difficulty to see if he can make the instructions clearer but if you click Buy Now then you just need to click Okay after that (no need to type in any numbers at all).
Activity: 619
i just bought a lottery ticket. hope that i be the lucky one.  Grin

äh i´m a little confused. do i enter in the amount field for the lottery 1 for 1 ticket oder 2015 for 1 ticket?

I just tried with 1 and i send 1 burst. i think thats wrong?!

Benchmark Comparison - Direct vs Buffer - https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/gpu-plot-generator.45/page-11#post-3014
Why Direct is Slower than Buffer - https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/gpu-plot-generator.45/page-11#post-3034

Plot size will remain the same after optimization, if it is not then something went wrong along the way.  Did you run out of disc space?

Information about Stagger setting when Direct Plotting - https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/gpu-plot-generator.45/page-13#post-3348
During a direct right method, the stagger setting is used to setup a ram buffer for pre-ordering of the nonces.

In your example, a stagger size of 1024 during a direct right method will just use 1024KB of RAM for the nonce buffer re-ordering.
In this thread and the thread on the forums a few people have complained about the reliability of the direct right method, also the performance hit for direct right compared with just plotting and optimizing does not appear to be worth it.

Maybe someone else can add some information to this topic.

Just because no one has posted in the BurstForum thread about the GPU plotter doesn't mean it's dead.  This seems like the perfect type of question to ask in a Burst forum within the GPU plotter post.  I'm guessing the regulars have had their questions answered you would be a perfect candidate to awaken the thread and maybe Cryo will answer your questions directly

Apparently I looked over a couple key posts.

I'm testing out direct write right now, I'll let you guys know how it goes since the optimize failed. Plotting more then one drive at the same time while optimizing is much easier and less time consuming then bunny hopping files across two drives.

It appears as though the wallet is now using like 1GB~ of memory. Is anyone else getting this? Is this normal?
Activity: 785
BURST got Smart Contracts (AT)
How to become a node?

I followed the NXT instructions, but admin.html seems to be broken!!!
Hey,

Today I am going to deploy the first AT use case: The Lottery AT.

I created a new account ( BURST-2Z98-XJU6-A2UA-FDKZP ), which will be used to send funds to the Lottery without participating in the draw. That way we can "kickstart" the lottery with an amount for the first draw to create more interest and winnings for the winner of the first decentralized lottery using AT. So any funds send to that address will be send back to Lottery AT account.

I am thinking the ticket size to cost 2000 burst. The lottery fees for processing the txs are about 15burst. So the final amount to participate to the lottery will be 2015 burst. If you think the ticket amount is too big or too small please say so.

The lottery will pay the winner the total worth of tickets purchased approx. every 1 week plus all extra that were sent to the special address to help seed the Lottery payout

When participating to the lottery, the AT will create a random ticket for you after 15 blocks. The ticket is sent back to the participant through a normal tx with the ticket ( in hex format ) included as a message. Due to a limitation of the AT txs only one ticket can be send back as a message to each participant per block, although if you send more in one block the AT always draws a ticket for each different tx, so that limitation does not mean you will not get more tickets per block per tx if you make multiple purchases.

I created a .html file which needs to be copied under the directory /html/ui/ inside burst folder. After you copy the html file you can use the browser to access it ( http://localhost:8125/atlotteries.html  ). The html displays the lottery state (current winner account, total current winnings e.t.c) and provides also a button for quick ticket purchase.
Here is a screenshot of the resulted .html : https://i.imgur.com/Pz8H2SQ.png

If you are using http://localhost:8125 to access your burst wallet then download this version:
https://mega.co.nz/#!KcZiTBBS!V5SobUhbDGu7Dcw2un1jGszIM3Scl0e3feK9wduKPlU

else if you are using http://127.0.0.1:8125 to access burst wallet this version:
https://mega.co.nz/#!GBhwCTAD!NucXtJh7o9h-4R_gJafnY7xVlgbKJ5IEZ0tA7AYadyM

Also here you can see the lottery's code that will be deployed here : http://pastebin.com/xiDdMzEG

Regards

- vbcs

Don't forget to participate in LuckyAT, BURST's decentralized lottery! The price is now 54,465 BURST Smiley vbcs explains above how you do to buy a ticket (or two Wink )

As you all know, LuckyAT is an Automated Transaction (AT), the first of it's kind. Our developers managed to beat coins as Ethereum and Counterparty to implement this "Smart Contract". That's why we are getting all the media attention recently, like today's https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrency-burst-makes-smart-contracts-reality-happened-ethereum/.

But already BURST supports a number of various ATs, one being crowdfunding. So LuckyAT is going to continue to run and find a winner about once a week, automatically, but at the same time we need to get the other ATs started. The PR Team has discussed with the developers (vbcs and CIYAM) about this, and we decided to go for - crowdfunding.

Crowdfunding has become really popular recently, it's basically asking when one asks a group for financial support for something, but the thing is that this has never been done on a blockchain, decentralized and without any "authority". BURST is first again - it's possible to do by code! In the future everyone can download the the BURST client and set up a crowdfunding case. You set up a BURST account, set the rules for it and let people decide if they want to support it by sending coins to the account or not.

That's really awesome, I think, that people will be able to do that, ask for money for writing a book, or for shopping, or traveling to Mars, or to aid the victims of some earthquake in a foreign country. Decentralized Smiley

But that's the future, and first we have to launch it and do the first one, so the question is: What should our first crowdfunding case be for? What do you think...?

Of course it's possible to say Ebola, coz it's horrible and people are dying form it, but on the other hand we need something smaller and manageable the first time - and hopefully something that benefits BURST and is meaningful for the community. Like when we started with a simple, but at the same time very real, lottery.

Things we talked about as the first crowdfunding case was support for a promo video, or creating a "Dev fund" (since the developers didn't do any pre-mine or IPO, they don't have $15 mill like Ethereum does), or money to a hire a programmer to code a combined plotter and miner with an easy-to-understand GUI to finally end all mining questions...

Since it's the community who's going to have to support the case in the end, it's important to hear what everyone thinks we should do as the first case - so it becomes successful. So enough of me writing to long again - perhaps we'll make a separate thread for this later - but let's begin with to hear what you would support and take it from there. Smiley

***edit: also posted at burstforum: https://burstforum.com/index.php?threads/first-luckyat-and-now-crowdfunding-implementing-the-next-at.602/ - use whatever place you want Smiley
Activity: 527
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that this entire community does almost all of its communication VIA this 1 Thread instead of in a Full forum.  

A:  Information is Hard to find
B: 15 different conversations Burying Newcomer questions
D:  Important information is burryed

Can we start using a forum instead of 1 thread?  
Im registered at Bursttalk forums,  Its sad how long questions sit unanswered in the support threads & how little activity is seen there but instead i have to look through 900+ pages of thread to find information I previously read and now need!

Is there a good reason we refuse to be like every other crypto coin and develop our own community in our own forum?

Your points are valid.

You are welcome to join us over at https://burstforum.com/index.php and make it a better place!

I admit I am guilty of not being active over there as well.

P.S. I hope C wasn't something bad Tongue
Jump to: