Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 475. (Read 2170648 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 500
because there is too less information about this asset and the complete business plan.

at the moment you throw money in a black hole hoping some money comes in future out.

thats the same if i say: i can create a asset for my new ferrari and i tell you i will drive people for money with my car and if i get the money from them, i will refund you. so who wants to give me some burst? pleaser PN!  Grin
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

solar scam...explain please?

solar is the first asset not related to burst mining...

ONE user (koko) started this asset. The Dev already wrote, that he is not involeved in this asset.

So everything is fine!

PS: I also think this solar asset is not a good idea.

why not?

solar power asic miners + profit from extra power sold

ONE user (koko) started this asset. The Dev already wrote, that he is not involeved in this asset.

So everything is fine!

PS: I also think this solar asset is not a good idea.
Activity: 476
are burst devs related to this solar scam?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10077014

shame on you..

you guys just killed your coin

You are jumping to conclusions. Where does it say that DEV is involved?

I agree, pretty harsh words. While I do concur that the project sounds far-fetched to say the least, perhaps the time has come to start thinking and going big.

As always, do your own due diligence and think for yourself.

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Just a general thought and question.

The time to solve a block appears to fluctuate a lot during the short term, I know that the majority of the blocks are close to the 4min time but it looks like the difficulty algorithm over or under compensates for the large fluctuations within the network.

We can easily see 5PB fluctuations during one day and I would guess an equally impressive number during each hour. More established coins like Bitcoin and Litecoin have a much more predictable and stable block generation time. With Burst I am seeing fluctuations in time such as:

BLOCK - mm:ss
54485 - 5:42
54484 - 0:19
54483 - 3:36
54482 0:02
54481 - 3:02
54480 - 7:05
54478 - 10:00
54477 - 0:33

Within an 8 block period of time a customer would have to wait between 19 seconds to 10 minutes for their first confirmation. When I look at the Litecoin network, their block generation time has fluctuated about 70 seconds max for the last month. (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty) The grey line on the middle chart.

When BURST matures will this variance in block time rewards be an issue?  Possibly causing confidence concerns?  If a customer/merchant are expecting to see one confirmation within ~4min but it doesn't happen for 15min+ this could be an issue.  I've seen 15min+ blocks regularly.

Could the large swings in network capacity and almost cyclical nature of these swings be some very large solo miners taking advantage of this difficulty behavior?  Online Large amounts of plots to increase solo chances,  offline them for few blocks so the difficulty will drop and then online them again? (No idea on this, just trying to figure out why the network capacity fluctuates so much).

Just some thoughts and questions from a noob.
It is most likely due to higher variance since the total amount of nonces being checked is lower.

If we were to assume 15PB network hashrate, each nonce takes up 256KB of storage, that's about 60 billion nonces checked per block, or divided out 250 million nonces per second. For btc even gpus can mine faster than 250 million nonces per second(250MH/s). Since the network hashrate is orders of magnitude higher for btc, it should have less variance.

Thank you for the response.
I keep forgetting that this coin is still very young, so essentially these block time swings are growing pains and as the network strengthens things should smooth out.

Keep up the good work BurstCoin
Activity: 280

The time to solve a block appears to fluctuate a lot during the short term, I know that the majority of the blocks are close to the 4min time but it looks like the difficulty algorithm over or under compensates for the large fluctuations within the network.

We can easily see 5PB fluctuations during one day and I would guess an equally impressive number during each hour. More established coins like Bitcoin and Litecoin have a much more predictable and stable block generation time. With Burst I am seeing fluctuations in time such as:

Within an 8 block period of time a customer would have to wait between 19 seconds to 10 minutes for their first confirmation. When I look at the Litecoin network, their block generation time has fluctuated about 70 seconds max for the last month. (https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty) The grey line on the middle chart.

When BURST matures will this variance in block time rewards be an issue?  Possibly causing confidence concerns?  If a customer/merchant are expecting to see one confirmation within ~4min but it doesn't happen for 15min+ this could be an issue.  I've seen 15min+ blocks regularly.

Could the large swings in network capacity and almost cyclical nature of these swings be some very large solo miners taking advantage of this difficulty behavior?  Online Large amounts of plots to increase solo chances,  offline them for few blocks so the difficulty will drop and then online them again? (No idea on this, just trying to figure out why the network capacity fluctuates so much).

It is most likely due to higher variance since the total amount of nonces being checked is lower.

If we were to assume 15PB network hashrate, each nonce takes up 256KB of storage, that's about 60 billion nonces checked per block, or divided out 250 million nonces per second. For btc even gpus can mine faster than 250 million nonces per second(250MH/s). Since the network hashrate is orders of magnitude higher for btc, it should have less variance.
perhaps this is the last and best time to buy burst cheap.

if the btc pricedrop comes to an end and the market look at an alternative coin thats cheap to mine without such power costs, burst will come to the focus.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Burst holding up, hopefully we can see 200 sat

but bitcoin having a slow death

I see nothing but opportunity for the 'little guy' for bitcoin. It will bottom and then buy buy buy. Never buy on the way down - ie don't try to catch a falling dagger. Watch it close and then start buying on the upswing. Also, big mining farms will not be able to take heavy losses so will shut down. The hobbyist or small farmer will be able to suffer a minor loss and mine the btc at a slightly lower difficulty and hope for future rewards. This is a good time to be in crypto. Weak hands will be tossed to the curb!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin tank hard. Buying burst is the ONLY way to take full advantage of low btc price. Buying HDD now and mine its a very stupid idea because ROI its gonna be very very long.
Activity: 280
I was looking through the Burstcoin source code, and one thing that worries me about future scalability is the hard-coded MAX_NUMBER_OF_TRANSACTIONS constant, which limits the number of transactions per block to 255. This is similar to the 1 MB block size limit that is currently affecting bitcoin. Bitcoin is bound by this block size limit, and therefore the bitcoin network can only process a maximum of 7 transactions per second. Burstcoin has a similar limit right now, but its limit is 63 tx/sec. This gives Burstcoin more time to solve the problem - but since solving it requires a hard fork,  I think it would be better to solve the problem now while the coin is still young.

I think the best solution is something along the lines of Gavin Andreson's proposal to increase the maximum block size by 50% per year. I think in Burstcoin's case, the solution should be to increase the maximum number of transactions per block by 3.45% per month (which is about equal to a 50% increase per year).

This is an important change for the future scalability of Burstcoin. And it's an important change to make now, because the more the coin matures, the more difficult it will be to introduce a successful hard fork.

If you're interested, @burstcoin, I'd be willing to take a crack at coding up this change in behavior.

Bumping this since no one commented on it. Does anyone else think it's a good idea to raise the maximum blocksize formulaically over time?

While there certainly is a scalability issue, it won't get fixed just by raising that amount. A 4x increase on that number wouldn't be a bad starting point since nxt has that same per block limit at a 1 minute/block rate instead of 4, but regardless of what it is set to raising the limit only postpones the problem, and the real issue is that full network consensus is required for every transaction. Spamming every transaction to everyone will won't allow for high enough transaction rates for heavy usage over long-term.

are burst devs related to this solar scam?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10077014

shame on you..

you guys just killed your coin

You are jumping to conclusions. Where does it say that DEV is involved?

prove other wise.. sings are in the air

THEY MADE A DEAL TO PUMP BURST?? or they think users will pump
solar thing is koko acting alone.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Looking the cex.io blog due the suspension of their could mining services, I found this:

https://i.imgur.com/GTdERv1.png

I dont´t know who is cryptov2, but thanks.
Activity: 50
what is error code 6 when setting the reward recipient?
Activity: 129
Merit: 100

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

but bitcoin having a slow death
Activity: 1792
Merit: 507
Activity: 435
I believe miners will loose their earnings if pool is lagging, right?

If it's loose, put some glue on it.
Activity: 266
my transaction from faucet is still not confirming after half a day. I want to start mining but kinda losing hope on this coin.

Apparently my address is not on the blockchain: http://burst.cryptoport.io/acc/BURST-MGYC-6PTV-X9HL-FK8D4

Is there any better tutorials on how to config the wallet? the readme file says i have to type my ip in the nxt,myaddress=xxx but it crashes.

I am using 1.2.0

Sent you 4 burst, make an outgoing transaction when you get them - that will secure your acc.

I think there is something wrong with the faucet, maybe its not updated to 1.2.0
The community is pretty helpful, so after you got your acc sorted ask away. Please be more specific as Pilotseye said Smiley

BURST-8NZ9-X6AX-72BK-2KFM2 is dev v2 pool. Dev mentioned a few posts ago that the wallet froze and he restarted it. I think the transactions will revert to pool wallet. Whether they will be sent out again I cannot tell.

Hey ho, i guess i have the same problem...
I have no account balance in my wallet, but i see under recent transactions the faucet payout. Maybe it's their old wallet...

Anyhow, i want to start mining and studied the guide already.
I have an empty 1TB hdd, made directions for miner, plotter etc. but it seems to me that i stuck on "account activation" thing...
Also i have to send some burst out to get my account/wallet active, after this i can go on with plotter and miner... ?!?

Thanks for your help!  Smiley

You are correct, when you get your acc in order you can proceed with plotting and mining
PM me your address and I will send you 4 burst, which is enough to make an outgoing transaction and to set pool reward assignment.

Thx to xizmax!  Wink Will give updates about mining... or asking again maybe first.   Grin
Activity: 527
is there any way i can buy burst with real money?

You saying cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, aren't real money?
no. my english is not good. Im saying government money. Of course cryptocurrencies are real money, that's why im in to it.

Smiley no problems mate, mczarnek is just pulling your leg a bit. The phrase used in cryptoworld for government money is "fiat"

Also, glad to see that trust score changed mczarnek Smiley
Activity: 50

no. my english is not good. Im saying government money. Of course cryptocurrencies are real money, that's why im in to it.
Activity: 527
Merit: 503

Jump to: