Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CC][POS][X11] Official Colorcoin thread - BOUNTY FOR HELP: 3.5Million CC - page 12. (Read 48164 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Thanks for the info. I was not sure what is happening and if should continue mining, especially because my wallet is still showing 5 transactions, but there are only four. After I found second block (yesterday), I've never got it. Since then transactions count on main screen showed 2 transactions (always one more, than the value shown on tansactions view). I did not switch my wallet off nor my miner.

So is it now bug or was the block orphaned, or ... ?
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
I did not get any reward I do not see any change in my wallet. I have even restarted my wallet, everything looks ok, but no rewards for any of found blocks:

The pos phase is not activated yet , there are 1k blocks left!
I did not get any reward I do not see any change in my wallet. I have even restarted my wallet, everything looks ok, but no rewards for any of found blocks:

Activity: 214
Merit: 100
I just don't understand why

Code:
static const int64 COIN = 1000000; // i dont understand wtf is this variable used for

And this COIN constant shows up in _A LOT_ of places in source code. As I stated, I'm noob with wallet code, but I'm good at programming, but I still don't understand why is this 1 million constant. Would be happy if someone explains it to me Smiley

The programming style is also somehow weird. Why use

Code:
int64 nRewardCoinYear;
nRewardCoinYear = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE; // = 30000

int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365;

when You can just write

Code:
int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE / 365;

and save 8 bytes of memory? Cheesy

Also funny thing that function returns integer, but function result is calculated by multiplying with float Cheesy

I'm in the same boat as you; I can write code but am a noob as far as coins go. I assume that the 1,000,000 represents 1,000,000 coins but it could be put there for some other reason. And I agree with you about the code style. If I were writing the code I would write the one liner.

They are working mostly with integers. 0.03 is about the only float. It's been a while since I've programmed in C, but as I recall, C will automatically typecast a float to an integer, but you'll get a warning message when you compile. I like a clean compile so I always typecast explicitly myself.  Maybe the reason why they multiply by 1,000,000 is to get high numbers so that they can use integer arithmetic even when calculating decimals.

Two miners:
1. 290+290X (~5.05Mh after 18 hours 14 min on cc)
2. 270x (1.29Mh, since 2 hours on cc)

6.34Mhs is actual average
Activity: 294
What equipment and what speed do You have if You can get blocks solo?
Right after I've posted my question, I've found 4 blocks more, let's see what I'll get:

Activity: 425
When I've found first 2 blocks, only one reward arrived. I do not know what happended with second, I've never got it and in my statictics it shows me 5 transactions on the overview and only 4 on transactions. Can someone explain this?

Orphan?

definitely.

So, what about change POS system?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
When I've found first 2 blocks, only one reward arrived. I do not know what happended with second, I've never got it and in my statictics it shows me 5 transactions on the overview and only 4 on transactions. Can someone explain this?

Orphan?

Activity: 294
I just don't understand why

Code:
static const int64 COIN = 1000000; // i dont understand wtf is this variable used for

And this COIN constant shows up in _A LOT_ of places in source code. As I stated, I'm noob with wallet code, but I'm good at programming, but I still don't understand why is this 1 million constant. Would be happy if someone explains it to me Smiley

The programming style is also somehow weird. Why use

Code:
int64 nRewardCoinYear;

int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365;

when You can just write

Code:
int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE / 365;

and save 8 bytes of memory? Cheesy

Also funny thing that function returns integer, but function result is calculated by multiplying with float Cheesy
Activity: 360
So their calculation: 0.03*1,000,000/365*nCoinAge

gives a 3% annual interest rate compounded when the coins are minted.

They could do this instead: 1,000,000*((1+0.03/365)^nCoinAge-1)

and that would give a 3% annual interest rate compounded daily. In that case it wouldn't matter how often you open the wallet, you'd get the same interest. But maybe they choose the first way because they want to encourage people to open the wallet.

Please note that I'm no expert in wallets source code. It's still pretty dark to me Cheesy
copy from source code. tried to make minting calculator Cheesy

Code:
// definitions from \src\util.h
typedef long long int64;
typedef unsigned long long  uint64;
static const int64 MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 0.03 * COIN; // 3% annual interest = 30000

int64 GetProofOfStakeReward(int64 nCoinAge, unsigned int nBits, unsigned int nTime, int nHeight) {
int64 nRewardCoinYear;

int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365; // = coinAge * (30000/365) = coinAge * 82,191780821917808219178082191781

// if (fDebug && GetBoolArg("-printcreation"))
// printf("GetProofOfStakeReward(): create=%s nCoinAge=%"PRI64d" nBits=%d\n", FormatMoney(nSubsidy).c_str(), nCoinAge, nBits);
return nSubsidy;
}

It looks to me like the function calculates the interest (in coins) for 1,000,000 coins with 3% annual (yearly) interest where nCoinAge is the number of days

The number 30,000 is the annual interest for 1,000,000 coins. They divide it by 365 to get the daily interest. Then they multiply it by nCoinAge to get the interest over n days.
Activity: 520
before bittrex we need block explorer
Activity: 264
Merit: 252
alt coins trader/miner.
Activity: 291
Why not sooner on bittrex?  or even craptsy  Grin
Activity: 301
If everything goes good , we can hit up next week or in 2 weeks swisscex , and from there on we need some of the bigger exchanges like bittrex first and mintpal . Dunno about craptsy Cheesy
Activity: 291
Pages:
Jump to: