Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CHIPS] KMD platform's LN app with realtime betting+decentralized shuffling - page 16. (Read 44543 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 11
i read the page on supernet site and this ANN
the project sounds interesting
now i see that more things will be possible in the lightning network Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
Well, even in nix, the qt source builds BTC Core (looks at bitcoin-qt config for data files, but uses CHIPS porting), so there's that. Tongue
my plan of not making windows version means we can avoid all the windows issues Smiley
#SwingToTheRescue
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
Well, even in nix, the qt source builds BTC Core (looks at bitcoin-qt config for data files, but uses CHIPS porting), so there's that. Tongue
my plan of not making windows version means we can avoid all the windows issues Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
look at the difficulty ,i think the price is pretty cheap. just buy and buy . i am buying ,and holding for long term, hope we can get a windows wallet soon.
I dont do windows.

So, for windows somebody would have to build the windows version, same goes for osx.

However, there is an electrum server for CHIPS and I hear soon we will have Agama support, that should be enough for most users.
A good idea for this coin is making a big site like pogo.com that have all this betting games for free & for betting to use only CHIPS. can even be experimented with a already known site since more and more people believe in the cryptos.

BTW, can this coin be mined into the KMD paper wallet?

Thx
yes

same privkey can be imported into chipsd
Activity: 843
Merit: 1001
no wallet now? i buy at the exchange ,but i do not want to leave them in the exchang ,i want to withdrawl to my locai wallet ,what should i
do ??
you can withdraw to any KMD address that you control the privkey for
then just importprivkey into chipsd

does mean that i can send my chips to my any KMD address? i don't  understand ,sorry ? something like ETH ??
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
A good idea for this coin is making a big site like pogo.com that have all this betting games for free & for betting to use only CHIPS. can even be experimented with a already known site since more and more people believe in the cryptos.

BTW, can this coin be mined into the KMD paper wallet?

Thx
look at the difficulty ,i think the price is pretty cheap. just buy and buy . i am buying ,and holding for long term, hope we can get a windows wallet soon.
  "difficulty": 117212639.5218725,

can someone calculate a mining cost per CHIP based on diff?
An interesting idea of a coin. A small number of coins is quite possible the price will be 20,000-40,000s
The CMC coins supply is wrong, it is almost a pure BTC fork, so 21 million coins total with 13 million issued so far

http://chips1.explorer.supernet.org/ext/getmoneysupply

With current market price of 5000 sats, the correct marketcap is $2.6 mil, or about rank 200

not bad for absolutely no marketing

Does it mean it is a btc fork like Bitcoincash? How to get the coin besides the exchange buying?
it is pure SHA256
plenty of place to rent hash power
I am a big fan of poker, what would be the main functionality of your COIN CHIPS, thank you for your attention

This was from one of the devs:
"I will do my best to make it a fully generalizable system, so not only pangea, but any sort of betting (or just micropayment) will be able to be built."

A couple of things additionally I want to know, so if I create my own blockchain with Komodo, assuming Chips is part of the plug and play system, at what point would I also want to use Chips and feel the need to use it?  Basically, what type of scenarios besides betting types games such as poker might this be used for? Also, since this is just a Bitcoin fork, why wouldn't you just use Bitcoin vs creating a whole entire new coin?

Also one note, with a name like Chips and the logo being some sort of pokerish style coin. If this coin in the future will be used for other things such as micropayments, it would probably be best to change the logo now rather than wait later. It will start getting confused for just being used for betting games and might be a nightmare from a branding standpoint.
I cannot know when you would feel one way or the other, but i would imagine if you had a use case of wanting to send funds from one node to another with minimal txfee and time. or needed decentralized shuffling

any game with multiple players that relies on a random number

Do you want to pay $4 for a 5 cent bet? Do you want to wait an average of 10 minutes after each bet?

Those are two reasons to make a coin especially for this. Do you want to load 150GB blockchain just to play?

I dont pay much attention to marketing, I just concentrate on the tech. Once there is working tech to market and there is a marketing team, then can decide such things.

join #chips in the supernet slack to participate
I am a big fan of poker, what would be the main functionality of your COIN CHIPS, thank you for your attention
CHIPS will support realtime micropayments, especially for gaming like poker
more details as they are determined.

no wallet now? i buy at the exchange ,but i do not want to leave them in the exchang ,i want to withdrawl to my locai wallet ,what should i
do ??
you can withdraw to any KMD address that you control the privkey for
then just importprivkey into chipsd
i need a wallet to keep my chips safe ,somebody teach me where to find it ,many thanks
Activity: 1073
Merit: 666
An interesting idea of a coin. A small number of coins is quite possible the price will be 20,000-40,000s
The CMC coins supply is wrong, it is almost a pure BTC fork, so 21 million coins total with 13 million issued so far

http://chips1.explorer.supernet.org/ext/getmoneysupply

With current market price of 5000 sats, the correct marketcap is $2.6 mil, or about rank 200

not bad for absolutely no marketing

Does it mean it is a btc fork like Bitcoincash? How to get the coin besides the exchange buying?
Activity: 30
Merit: 1

This was from one of the devs:
"I will do my best to make it a fully generalizable system, so not only pangea, but any sort of betting (or just micropayment) will be able to be built."

A couple of things additionally I want to know, so if I create my own blockchain with Komodo, assuming Chips is part of the plug and play system, at what point would I also want to use Chips and feel the need to use it?  Basically, what type of scenarios besides betting types games such as poker might this be used for? Also, since this is just a Bitcoin fork, why wouldn't you just use Bitcoin vs creating a whole entire new coin?

Also one note, with a name like Chips and the logo being some sort of pokerish style coin. If this coin in the future will be used for other things such as micropayments, it would probably be best to change the logo now rather than wait later. It will start getting confused for just being used for betting games and might be a nightmare from a branding standpoint.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
do ??
COINMARKETCAP say it is 1000000 Total Supply,it that true? if not ,how many total supply ,many thanks.
answered previous page: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.22214462
Pages:
Jump to: