Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CHIPS] KMD platform's LN app with realtime betting+decentralized shuffling - page 12. (Read 44543 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552
Retired IRCX God
...I think I will not be able to compile it on my Debian 8 :-(
I'll build a clean vm and list out the steps ...
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I try to compile it on Debian 8 (Jessie) to, but I get an error:
For 8 and earlier, follow the directions in YourPath/chips3/doc/build-unix.md
 Wink Wink

That's what I used to compile on Debian 9, and to write this memo.
Perhaps I missed something, but after searching on the web, it seems it's a boost version problem, and as I do not want to install too much libs from elsewhere than the repos, I think I will not be able to compile it on my Debian 8 :-(
Install Berkeley DB 4.8 from source:
  • BITCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)
  • BDB_PREFIX="${BITCOIN_ROOT}/db4"
  • mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
  • wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
  • echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c
    (it should display it succeeded)
  • tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
  • cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix/
  • ../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
  • make install

if you don't want to bother with the berkeley db 4.8 installation, you can also ignore it by using
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
when building chipsd

Berkeley DB version only matters if you want to have cross client wallet compatible
 (a wallet created with a client that was build on 4.8 may not be usable with a client that was build on another version of bdb)

So if you extracted your privkeys and not planning to copy the wallet.dat for use with another client, you can ignore the dbd version 4.8 and use the version currently installed on your system

Thanks for this precision.
I prefer to be able to use my wallet.dat with any computer (vps, nas, home computer), and therefore, I try to always compile the same way.
Activity: 64
  • BITCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)
  • mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
  • echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c
  • ../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
  • make install

if you don't want to bother with the berkeley db 4.8 installation, you can also ignore it by using
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
when building chipsd

Berkeley DB version only matters if you want to have cross client wallet compatible
 (a wallet created with a client that was build on 4.8 may not be usable with a client that was build on another version of bdb)

So if you extracted your privkeys and not planning to copy the wallet.dat for use with another client, you can ignore the dbd version 4.8 and use the version currently installed on your system
Retired IRCX God
For 8 and earlier, follow the directions in YourPath/chips3/doc/build-unix.md
 Wink Wink
I compiled chipsd on Debian 9 and, because I looked for this before and didn't find, I'm writing this message.
Is there a wiki I can contribute to to write the steps I followed?
that's great!
for now, just post here so we have the info for when we make wiki

These steps only build the headless version (chips-cli, chipsd...), not QT version!
I didn't verified what dependency it needs to. If you want to build QT version, don't put the "--with-gui=no" parameter at the end of these steps.

• sudo apt-get install libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev
  • git clone https://github.com/jl777/chips3
  • cd chips3
  • BITCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)
  • mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
  • make install
Continue with chips:
  • cd $BITCOIN_ROOT
  • ./autogen.sh
  • ./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/" --with-gui=no
  • make
  • ./chipsd -addnode=5.9.253.195
Code:
CXX      leveldb/port/leveldb_libleveldb_a-port_posix.o
leveldb/port/port_posix.cc: In function ‘bool leveldb::port::HasAcceleratedCRC32C()’:
leveldb/port/port_posix.cc:60:15: warning: ‘ecx’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   return (ecx & (1 << 20)) != 0;
               ^
  AR       leveldb/libleveldb.a
  CXX      leveldb/port/leveldb_libleveldb_sse42_a-port_posix_sse.o
  AR       leveldb/libleveldb_sse42.a
  CXX      leveldb/helpers/memenv/leveldb_libmemenv_a-memenv.o
  AR       leveldb/libmemenv.a
  CXXLD    chipsd
libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-util.o): In function `GetNumCores()':
/home/xxxxx/chips3/src/util.cpp:883: undefined reference to `boost::thread::physical_concurrency()'
libbitcoin_util.a(libbitcoin_util_a-utiltime.o): In function `sleep':
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:278: undefined reference to `boost::this_thread::hidden::sleep_until(timespec const&)'
libbitcoin_wallet.a(libbitcoin_wallet_a-db.o): In function `copy_file':
/usr/local/include/boost/filesystem/operations.hpp:539: undefined reference to `boost::filesystem::detail::copy_file(boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::path const&, boost::filesystem::detail::copy_option, boost::system::error_code*)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:3601: recipe for target 'chipsd' failed
make[2]: *** [chipsd] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/xxxxx/chips3/src'
Makefile:9242: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/xxxxx/chips3/src'
Makefile:728: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
I compiled chipsd on Debian 9 and, because I looked for this before and didn't find, I'm writing this message.
that's great!

These steps only build the headless version (chips-cli, chipsd...), not QT version!
I didn't verified what dependency it needs to. If you want to build QT version, don't put the "--with-gui=no" parameter at the end of these steps.

• sudo apt-get install libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev
  • cd chips3
  • BITCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)
  • mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
  • make install
Continue with chips:
  • cd $BITCOIN_ROOT
  • ./autogen.sh
  • ./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/" --with-gui=no
  • make
thank you! PM me your CHIPS address and I will send you a 777 CHIPS tip
that's great!

• cd chips3
  • BITCOIN_ROOT=$(pwd)
  • mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX
  • make install
Continue with chips:
  • cd $BITCOIN_ROOT
  • ./autogen.sh
  • make
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
that's great!

Retired IRCX God
Too hard for peasants to understand Cheesy Can't know halving of every coin out there.
smfh  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Too hard for peasants to understand Cheesy Can't know halving of every coin out there.
Retired IRCX God
and from now... only 12.5 chips per block....hm ugly surprise hehe P
Not sure how halvings are a "surprise".

Should mention in OP msg that halving is every 210k blocks.
You mean like:
...fork of BTC 0.14...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Should mention in OP msg that halving is every 210k blocks.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
and from now... only 12.5 chips per block....hm ugly surprise hehe P
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
ok, coinexchange.io really su.k, 12 hour pending withdraws...hm, maybe they donthave enough BTC in hot wallet or i dontknow, but this really su.k
first time that i get this problem.... never happened on cryptopia or nova hmmmmm :-(

i did not have issues with withdraws from coinexchange
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
ok, coinexchange.io really su.k, 12 hour pending withdraws...hm, maybe they donthave enough BTC in hot wallet or i dontknow, but this really su.k
first time that i get this problem.... never happened on cryptopia or nova hmmmmm :-(
Activity: 63
Merit: 0
I like the binaries. Block chain downloaded in about a half hour if I remember.

Thanks decker! Good job.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Blockchain in the betting is really cool idea. It give more transparency and confidence.
Retired IRCX God
LOL I know how to build it. I just can't help myself from commenting on pre-compiles that are pretty much for Ubuntu (and similar) being listed as the generic (rather than specific).   Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: