Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin" - page 8. (Read 1150746 times)

Activity: 568
Merit: 500
https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad
Is there new chart of stake dug and total money supply?
Activity: 328
Merit: 250
Oh man, I am soooo glad I get rid of this SH.T in last pump with profit.
Activity: 576
Merit: 250
Owns of Waya Wolf Coin - WW Supports the Wolf Park
Just curious about how often one can generate a coin.  Is it still just one coin reward where the staked coins act like raffle tickets? I want to assume that staking a large amount and returning them when I have enough of my own would still take a long time and wouldn't be worth it though.  Hopefully clams can make a comeback one day.  

Each block you stake is worth 1 CLAM plus transaction fees. Each UTXO takes 500 confirmations to mature after staking which takes about 8 hours. People tend to split their large UTXOs up into multiple smaller ones so they can stake more often than every hours.

Hello,

To help you out, you need to use the coin control features of the wallet to make your smaller blocks for your PoS staking.  I made a couple of videos for this very topic.  The first is primarily about using the coin control features to clean up up small bits of coin into larger pieces but focuses on the coin control and can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFJf3eURcdk and the other is for blocking, that is making blocks of a good size to attract more stakes and is located here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvrPG0Z_hsY.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Waya
Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
Any new plan to try to revive CLAM?
In this new world of thousands of "tokens" I wonder if this is even possible. 

My focus for CLAM is continuing to try and grow our liquidity and confidence in the market on FreeBitcoins.

CLAM got shattered by Poloniex and Bittrex's fuckery.  Then CLAM being used as a vehicle to rob Poloniex didn't help much either.

We are past that and CLAM has a market place again.

CLAMS are so cheap at the moment... I don't see it lasting.  I kind of think we will see some activity with POS coins when ETH kicks off their staking.

You guys are doing a good job, but nowadays crypto is becoming quite different with all those tokens and DeFi stuff. I wonder if CLAMS could take advantage of this. CLAMS was created in 2014, it's a really old currency at that point and most people's eyes aren't on this type of old blockchains.
We just slept on our precedent successes when we were listed on Bittrex and Poloniex.
So I don't know, it's difficult to see a path towards a revival without a LOT of work or luck.

Does anyone see a path forward? Altcoins have taken a total beating thus far in the new bull market. Seems hard to imagine a sudden surge of interest in CLAMs of all things.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
Just curious about how often one can generate a coin.  Is it still just one coin reward where the staked coins act like raffle tickets? I want to assume that staking a large amount and returning them when I have enough of my own would still take a long time and wouldn't be worth it though.  Hopefully clams can make a comeback one day.  

Each block you stake is worth 1 CLAM plus transaction fees. Each UTXO takes 500 confirmations to mature after staking which takes about 8 hours. People tend to split their large UTXOs up into multiple smaller ones so they can stake more often than every hours.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I wondered what happened to clamcoins, bummer that happened.  I want to assume that there's only like 2 exchanges listing clams.  I'd like to suggest updating the website to reflect what exchanges actually list it, although I feel like there's no recovering for this coin.  I got 74 of them originally back when it launched but I never got around to getting more.  Now I'm super late to the staking party it seems, lol.  It wasn't convenient for me to stake back then.

I care too much about my coins but I feel that the end is near for me and clams. Specifically cause I can't really wait 20 days for a stake reward but it fluctuates so I want to assume that 74 clams is just not enough so I am curious what it would take to generate one a day?  I read something like 500 but that seems inaccurate.

Also, coinmarket cap lists Clams at around $1 (with a total trade volume of $0.00 - a bit expected) but they are listed for 1500 sat (46 cents) on freebitcoins so im not sure I want to sell at this point.  Would be nice to see them go back up but it seems to have zero interest and zero trade volume how can it jump start?

And, on a side note, Just curious about how often one can generate a coin.  Is it still just one coin reward where the staked coins act like raffle tickets? I want to assume that staking a large amount and returning them when I have enough of my own would still take a long time and wouldn't be worth it though.  Hopefully clams can make a comeback one day.  
Activity: 745
Merit: 26
Happy New Year, Clam folks.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

My focus for CLAM is continuing to try and grow our liquidity and confidence in the market on FreeBitcoins.

CLAM got shattered by Poloniex and Bittrex's fuckery.  Then CLAM being used as a vehicle to rob Poloniex didn't help much either.

CLAMS are so cheap at the moment... I don't see it lasting.  I kind of think we will see some activity with POS coins when ETH kicks off their staking.

nah fool this is the exchange to get into it's old cryptsy trolls bruh * merry christmas! :-D

https://freiexchange.com/market/CLAM/BTC

#GoBig

Xploited (CLAM creator) and I currently own FreeBitcoins XChange... so obviously, that's where we will do the majority of our trading.  Tongue

You guys are doing a good job, but nowadays crypto is becoming quite different with all those tokens and DeFi stuff. I wonder if CLAMS could take advantage of this. CLAMS was created in 2014, it's a really old currency at that point and most people's eyes aren't on this type of old blockchains.
We just slept on our precedent successes when we were listed on Bittrex and Poloniex.
So I don't know, it's difficult to see a path towards a revival without a LOT of work or luck.

Ya, I've personally not spent more than 30 seconds probably reading about DeFi or tokens...  Tongue
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

CLAM got shattered by Poloniex and Bittrex's fuckery.  Then CLAM being used as a vehicle to rob Poloniex didn't help much either.

CLAMS are so cheap at the moment... I don't see it lasting.  I kind of think we will see some activity with POS coins when ETH kicks off their staking.

nah fool this is the exchange to get into it's old cryptsy trolls bruh * merry christmas! :-D

https://freiexchange.com/market/CLAM/BTC

#GoBig
Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Activity: 745
Merit: 26
IndiaMikeZulu are minor players. But as Clam seems to be sorta the Xchange in-house crypto, we are happy to push it along a little (and I wanna experiment with the tx comments thing).
legendary

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
Thanks for the updates, yes I am on windows and I assumed windows was having a rough time reading the file.  I thought it was somehow just a segment of blocks  at first so I would do 10 to 100k blocks and retry but the full bootstrap never worked again, so I moved to appending 100k files at a time and determined it's a windows thing. (Windows 10)  The last 2 days I had work, so I've moved up to 200k blocks at a time and am currently 35 weeks behind.  Will check your new links and see how it goes but it should work since I just did a couple 200k block bootstraps.

The 10k block files were definitely useful and I would not have known to append them had you not mentioned it in your post, although 100k files may be more than enough if you're finding doing 10k at a time is tedious. (It seems tedious).  

Since I had problems around 1.9 million blocks, windows users may need that bootstrap file broken into 2 or 3 parts to avoid this happening to them.
legendary
Seeing that dooglus also posted a file for every 10,000 blocks, I counted up to

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dooglus/bootstrap-199.dat is blocks 1,990,000 through 1,999,999

which is where my problem was happening so i renamed bootstrap-199.dat to bootstrap.dat, ran it and it imported those blocks just fine.  Once it was done I reinserted the full bootstrap.dat file and opened clam wallet again and it was importing blocks again for a while, but I ran into the same problem so I just downloaded the next few files and appended them, it is easy enough

Did you get your node fully synced now?

I've uploaded 34 files, each with 100k blocks in them [here].

I'd be interested to hear whether your client is able to import files of that size, or whether they're too big like when you tried with the whole bootstrap.dat file in one go.
legendary
Last Price 0.000016
Daily Volume: 0.03039714 BTC / 1843.76 CLAM
https://freebitcoins.com/xchange/market/Bitcoin-Clamcoin
legendary

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dooglus/bootstrap-199.dat is blocks 1,990,000 through 1,999,999

which is where my problem was happening so i renamed bootstrap-199.dat to bootstrap.dat, ran it and it imported those blocks just fine.  Once it was done I reinserted the full bootstrap.dat file and opened clam wallet again and it was importing blocks again for a while, but I ran into the same problem so I just downloaded the next few files and appended them, it is easy enough

That's funny. I just stopped updating the partial files because I never heard of anyone finding them useful. I guess I'll reinstate them.

My suspicion is that the single large file isn't working well on Windows. Are you running the CLAM client in Windows?
legendary
I made an updated bootstrap.dat file for people having trouble syncing their client.

It goes up to block 3383629 which was staked on Wed Dec 16 16:42:49 UTC 2020.

It's available here:

bootstrap.dat

Download it, put it into the same folder as your CLAM wallet.dat, then restart the client.

If you are using the QT client, it will say "importing blocks" in the lower left corner while the bootstrap.dat file is imported. That is how you can tell that the file is being used. It will take a while to import it, but it will be a lot faster than trying to sync using the p2p network. When it is done, the client will rename the file to bootstrap.dat.old and won't look at it again. Once it has been renamed you can delete it if you like.

To verify that you have the right file its size is 3,703,759,229 bytes and its sha256 hash is 821e1a3d4746c59cb57f97666c854e50b1fed2f5da838b284a4061d251d74152.

I updated the CLAM bootstrap.dat file and moved it onto IPFS.

Pages:
Jump to: