Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][COMP] Compound Coin - 250% Interest Proof of Stake - Listed on 4 Exchanges - page 2. (Read 55145 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Project voting competition on Atomars starts on OCTOBER 20. Nominate your favorite coin today! https://atomars.com/news/atomars-exchange-to-launch-round-6-of-the-project-voting-competition @atomarsexchange $voting #Atomars #projectvoting
Activity: 800
Merit: 143
This is bad that these posts are getting in the original CompoundCoin thread.

There are active Telegram and Discord channels.

The good thing is that CompoundCoin thread is more active, the bad thing is that people are confusing the Compound coin with the Compound token.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
This is bad that these posts are getting in the original CompoundCoin thread.

There are active Telegram and Discord channels.
Activity: 3
Merit: 1
The amount of DAI supplied in the Compound protocol is now approximately 1.2 billion $ worth, while the total supply of DAI is only 900 million $.

The only way for this to happen is when people are using compound to borrow DAI, while supplying the same DAI back in the protocol in order to get the COMP rewards. They are essentially lending to themselves.

And of course it works like this, because the product doesn't make sense.

If people get a loan with their house as collateral, this makes sense. Because a house is an illiquid asset and you can use the money to do whatever you want to do while still living in your house. However, with compound you are literally loaning a liquid asset with another liquid asset. If i have ETH and i need DAI i can just go to Uniswap and swap some DAI.

The ONLY practical use case for Compound borrowing is for people who want to over-leverage themselves to crypto assets - you keep one asset but buy another one too with the borrowed money. But there are tons of centralized options for that too, and the maximum leverage you can achieve is no more than 1.75x because you need to over-collateralize.

There is no way this market is worth 350 million dollars. The value proposition for COMP is sketchy at best.
Activity: 116
Merit: 13
A statistical overview of COMP what has been done since the June airdrop, what important decisions have been made by the community and the current state of the project https://medium.com/compound-finance/comp-governance-distribution-update-f371c1cb9ca1

Activity: 48
Merit: 1
Software Developer
If someone finds out they are doing something with this coin like rebranding please post it here.

They? Who is they, the devs or the community. If is the community you are talking about, then I will join the forces too and make this coin great again, since I hold a bunch of them.

Great!
Activity: 145
Merit: 10
If someone finds out they are doing something with this coin like rebranding please post it here.

They? Who is they, the devs or the community. If is the community you are talking about, then I will join the forces too and make this coin great again, since I hold a bunch of them.
Activity: 770
Merit: 251
live the dream but don't live the dream
How much they want u to pay before the update? I want to stress that the taxation being part of their business model is itself not bad for a coin. Whats appalling about it is that the fee procured through this machination is not shared with me. I also want a cookie. They just dont give me any money. I am a random guy yes but I hanker for being loved or better supported financially by someone else. I want to leech off them.

As far as I remember they are asking 0.5 BTC to update a wallet. Note that this was back in the days, like a year ago or so. I don't know if they are asking the same price today or not, things may changed. Anyway, the trick is that they don't guarantee that the wallet will work after you pay the fee, they will try to fix it and that's it. Again maybe things have changed, but I doubt.
bad exchanges are like that so no wonder, many wallets are not updated. It is better for you to send with other coins than you expect Yobit to do a wallet renewal
How much they want u to pay before the update? I want to stress that the taxation being part of their business model is itself not bad for a coin. Whats appalling about it is that the fee procured through this machination is not shared with me. I also want a cookie. They just dont give me any money. I am a random guy yes but I hanker for being loved or better supported financially by someone else. I want to leech off them.

As far as I remember they are asking 0.5 BTC to update a wallet. Note that this was back in the days, like a year ago or so. I don't know if they are asking the same price today or not, things may changed. Anyway, the trick is that they don't guarantee that the wallet will work after you pay the fee, they will try to fix it and that's it. Again maybe things have changed, but I doubt.
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
When the wallet on yobit will be ok?Huh? Huh

Sadly I have to say to you that this will never happen imo, because this is how yobit operates... They will never update the wallet unless you pay a fee which is considerable and also they don't guarantee that the wallet will work. There are a lot of coins listed there in this situation for years now. COMP is not the only one.

Activity: 518
Merit: 18
Asia DeFi Week 2 will be held on August 10-18 which will bring together all representatives of the industry leaders

Sadly I have to say to you that this will never happen imo, because this is how yobit operates... They will never update the wallet unless you pay a fee which is considerable and also they don't guarantee that the wallet will work. There are a lot of coins listed there in this situation for years now. COMP is not the only one.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
In case anyone thinks of a takeover, read this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257834.0;topicseen

From what I understand you are not able to sync the wallet and stake this coin, even there are some people in here who are able to do this?
I can give it a try an sync the wallet and let you know, if is the case. (at least I will try). I don't have COMP to stake so I won't be able to give feedback regarding the stake situation.

I stake this coin almost everyday.  Try to read it more carefully. 
In case anyone thinks of a takeover, read this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257834.0;topicseen

From what I understand you are not able to sync the wallet and stake this coin, even there are some people in here who are able to do this?
I can give it a try an sync the wallet and let you know, if is the case. (at least I will try). I don't have COMP to stake so I won't be able to give feedback regarding the stake situation.
The binance exchange announced that they will add Compound (COMP) for trading, after which COMP took the lead among DeFi projects
https://research.binance.com/en/projects/compound

I think you are in the wrong thread. The coin you are talking about have no relation with this thread. This is a POW/POS X11 coin, check the OP.
The coin you are talking about is a ERC20 token.
Activity: 735
Merit: 17
The binance exchange announced that they will add Compound (COMP) for trading, after which COMP took the lead among DeFi projects
https://research.binance.com/en/projects/compound
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257614.new#new

Should there be some kind of Ethics Counsel for Altcoins?

There is a new coin that just called itself Compound Coin but as probably many of you know, there has been an active coin named Compound Coin for five or more years.  They both have the same symbol.

The old Compound coin has an active community.

What can we do about people just coming in and stealing coin's intellectual property?

Websites have a system, I think we need a system, at least with heavyweights like Charlie Lee, etc. and various bloggers picketing the new thieving coin.
Pages:
Jump to: