Author

Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency - page 6986. (Read 9722354 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Competition:

my mining pool (lotterymining.com) needs a logo

best one gets 1000 Darkcoins
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
Can you tell where we can buy or sell??
Activity: 280
The Future Of Work
Hi... is there a Win32-bit version of the miner available?  I can't load the current one, so I'm guessing it's 64-bit.

I'm sorry to say that win 32 is unlikely to get support because cpu miners running 32 bit are horribly slow.  They do fine with graphics processing units though, but this coin is designed to be difficult to translate to other processors so that something like asic units don't take over.  With specialized equipment that can hash out coins at such supersonic rates, the systems, such as bitcoins, have consequently gotten into the hands of fewer and fewer people.  Bitcoin can probably handle that, but it would make a quick death for a new coin starting out as a single entity could gain more than 50% of the hash rate, allowing them to insert false info into the system. 

You could easily get around this by installing a 64 bit version of linux (preferably Ubuntu), duel booting your system, or resorrecting an old machine for new work.?  Anyway, sorry about that :-(

I get so busy, and have missed a lot!  Congrats on getting on an exchange!  And it's so exciting that we're getting so close to having a fully functional anonymous wallet soon!  Well done!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi... is there a Win32-bit version of the miner available?  I can't load the current one, so I'm guessing it's 64-bit.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1045
My biggest "worry" with coins like bitcoin is that someday an SHA hole / weakness/ whatever will be found and then everything is wrecked*.

The 11 hashing function in this coin ensures that if one (or a few) algorithm is proven unreliable, then there are others remaining to keep the coin network reliable? Are the 11 hashes integral to the coin's network or are they just used to create "noise"?

Thank you.

* In which case coins like this could boom while others crash.

Edit: I tried to compile the miner with march=core2 and -O3 to see if there was any difference, and I got ~10% extra on my linux box. The -Ofast didn't give anything more. Then I tried intel's ICC to check the performance difference but it never started processing stuff. Cpu was 0% and was not processing. Clang gave me slower results by ~20-25%. I'll try with Open64 too. Has anyone found any gcc parameters that actually do anything good (>10% gain), optimization-wise? Thanks.

Edit2: The coin needs more google visibiity. People googling "Dark coin" etc to find out what's it about, don't find their way to a proper explanatory page.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036
Dash Developer
what's the rpc port for the .conf?

You don't need a port configured. It's baked into the client. It's 9998 and 9999 though.
legendary
rpc port is where it will recieve commands, like pay amount to x
the other port is to connect to the other wallets around the world
Activity: 154
I feel that once you get the whole Anonymous transactions and things working, it will be a unique coin with more appeal and more news worthy.

Hows that coming along?

+1

Have to agree +1

A few days ago we successfully generated an anonymous transaction on testnet using the client. That was basically the proof of concept and now I'm working on making tx pool classes and new daemon commands (sendtoaddressanon, showtxpool) to be able to send money, debug the state of the pool and see what's going on. Next step after the code is done is to release a binary that'll connect to testnet so everyone can try it out and we'll fix it up and do a full release.

The first version of this is just going to be daemon commands and it won't be the default method of payment. There's some odd things I want to work out before making it the default method of moving money.

ill be ready to test :-)

btw: could you add the faucet to the front page?

Already added it to the news on the left.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
legendary
I feel that once you get the whole Anonymous transactions and things working, it will be a unique coin with more appeal and more news worthy.

Hows that coming along?

+1

Have to agree +1

A few days ago we successfully generated an anonymous transaction on testnet using the client. That was basically the proof of concept and now I'm working on making tx pool classes and new daemon commands (sendtoaddressanon, showtxpool) to be able to send money, debug the state of the pool and see what's going on. Next step after the code is done is to release a binary that'll connect to testnet so everyone can try it out and we'll fix it up and do a full release.

The first version of this is just going to be daemon commands and it won't be the default method of payment. There's some odd things I want to work out before making it the default method of moving money.

ill be ready to test :-)

btw: could you add the faucet to the front page?
Activity: 126
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036
Dash Developer

Hows that coming along?

+1

Have to agree +1

Activity: 546

Hows that coming along?
legendary
Just set up a faucet here:

darkcoin-faucet.lotterymining.com

donations to the faucet: Xr1Hz657XUKtUJFBBszjft6SzL8BSY46Bg

dns is still syncing so if you cant reach it, wait a while :-)
Activity: 253
Let's Boolberry
Here is an Exchange that wants to add Darkcoin. He just wants to talk to eduffield first.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=446640.new#new

It is no problem. The only condition is trades. That's why we need owner to contact us and guarantee anounce to community. We don't take any fee for adding currencies.

I don't follow, what is he asking for? "The only condition is trades."  and "guarantee anounce to community"Huh

I think he means that he don't want this coin if no one gonna trade it, therefore he wants you to contact him and maybe add his exchange on the first page.

Good point, I'll add that to my post

this sounds great :-)

final,we have an exchange

BTW,Links of mining tools can release into the homepage or inside the right post?
Jump to: