Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 38. (Read 171852 times)

staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
It would be cool to have ann app like this whisper.sh or this Secret.ly using the Datacoin blockchain Smiley
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
Please help fund bounty https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5153243
Also that rise in price was becasue of a pump by www.twitter.com/equalpumps
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Yup! Thanks! Hopefully the dev will deliver and DTC will moonride
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Hey MaxSoInc, any update on the lite wallet?

hey, I'm not SoInc, but MaxSolnc  Cheesy Cheesy but you made me laugh  Cheesy
frankly speaking, I don't know anything about lite wallet. Oocook5u still didn't answer any of my PMs. I hope he'll come with some great features - you see, he doesn't speak much, but he does many great things when he comes. So... let's wait. I own datacoin.info and I promise that it won't go down like datacointalk.

thanks for that maxsolnc!
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team

hey, I'm not SoInc, but MaxSolnc  Cheesy Cheesy but you made me laugh  Cheesy
frankly speaking, I don't know anything about lite wallet. Oocook5u still didn't answer any of my PMs. I hope he'll come with some great features - you see, he doesn't speak much, but he does many great things when he comes. So... let's wait. I own datacoin.info and I promise that it won't go down like datacointalk.
Oh my. Look at the buyers buying up DTC on Bter.com
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
Activity: 206
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Will the application have access to the local resources ? Because you can build a parallel database with the transactions you need (it will take time the only once). This way you will only have to scan the new blocks when starting the app (just like any QT wallet does with the blockchain).
It sounds like a great idea Smiley
At this moment my application is in html/css/js, I need to look up how I can store data from java script
Maybe I can use Local Storage or something...
Anyway, thx for help, somehow I did not think about local storage, now I have right direction to go Smiley
I need to traverse all transactions that were broadcasted by my application and included into blocks, retrieve data from them and make some checks.
This is can be done right now only by FULL walk through all blockchain which will be veryyyyy slow.
My application will be intensively working with small transactions and I need some way to go through them all on each application startup.

Will the application have access to the local resources ? Because you can build a parallel database with the transactions you need (it will take time the only once). This way you will only have to scan the new blocks when starting the app (just like any QT wallet does with the blockchain).

Not sure if what I said makes any sense to you, it would help to know more details about your app.
I need to traverse all transactions that were broadcasted by my application and included into blocks, retrieve data from them and make some checks.
This is can be done right now only by FULL walk through all blockchain which will be veryyyyy slow.
My application will be intensively working with small transactions and I need some way to go through them all on each application startup.

About providing the web server along with the wallet, the dev had some (legit) security concerns. Imagine that someone embedds some malicious javascript or tries to exploit a bug on some browser in order to steal your coins or data. That's a real concern and some warnings must be given.

This can be solved by some kind of authorization, maybe popup window from DataCoin client: "Would you like to allow application XXX to access your wallet?" Without this, yea it can be risky.
I want to give user ability to spend his coins right from my application.
I'm developing one web application that will be heavily based on Data Coin features.
I would like to host it inside block chain, but I need to:
 - update my web files inside block chain from time to time
 - preferably, have web server installed with default DataCoin client(if this is not possible I will end up distributing my own copy of DataCoin client)
Any thoughts about 1st item?

Well, you can't update the information on a block but you can provide a mechanism to look for a more recent version of a data transaction through the signature of the envelope (provided that you want to use the envelope protocol), however I am not sure of how would this work, and I am afraid it would not be fast at all. Another approach is to just replace the main web file with another one. This is fast but you must have the means to provide your clients with the most up to date tx id.

About providing the web server along with the wallet, the dev had some (legit) security concerns. Imagine that someone embedds some malicious javascript or tries to exploit a bug on some browser in order to steal your coins or data. That's a real concern and some warnings must be given.

Also I have a question regarding bitcoin/datacoin protocol.
My application will submit many transactions and I need some fast way to retrieve all of them without cycle through all block chain. I need data only from my application in the most fastest way. Any ideas? I mean not get transactions for some address/account, but get transactions for all application users in a fast and reliable way.
Now I think about getblockcount, getblockhash, getblock, getrawtransaction and getdata commands. But this can become TOO slow when we will grow.
How can I contact DataCoin developer, seems like he wasn't online for about 2 weeks here?

If you have the transaction ID or the block number of the data you want to recover then this _is_ fast, I am not sure about what are you asking, if you can elaborate I may be able to help ...
I'm developing one web application that will be heavily based on Data Coin features.
I would like to host it inside block chain, but I need to:
 - update my web files inside block chain from time to time
 - preferably, have web server installed with default DataCoin client(if this is not possible I will end up distributing my own copy of DataCoin client)
Any thoughts about 1st item?

Also I have a question regarding bitcoin/datacoin protocol.
My application will submit many transactions and I need some fast way to retrieve all of them without cycle through all block chain. I need data only from my application in the most fastest way. Any ideas? I mean not get transactions for some address/account, but get transactions for all application users in a fast and reliable way.
Now I think about getblockcount, getblockhash, getblock, getrawtransaction and getdata commands. But this can become TOO slow when we will grow.
How can I contact DataCoin developer, seems like he wasn't online for about 2 weeks here?
Activity: 80
wow DTC skyrocketed!! Back to ,30 !! and was ,19 last night... FUCK I wish I bought more
not skyrocketing just now, no big buy orders above .17
Thats okay , let it lower down so I can buy more Wink I believe that this coin is really magical at times Cheesy
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
wow DTC skyrocketed!! Back to ,30 !! and was ,19 last night... FUCK I wish I bought more
not skyrocketing just now, no big buy orders above .17
Activity: 80
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
i'm just realize someone buying dtc up to 0.00029, hmmm
DataCoin at current price is like buying gold for 1$/kg. I risked and dumped mine at @30, rebought yesterday at 19 - thx for selling.
Now it's one of the best long term investments I ever can imagine.
I just lol at big bag holders, yesterday someone dumped 15k of DTC at so LOW price.
If I'd only have more BTC i'd buy everything till @35 or so.
P.S.
I'm developing one application for Data Coin right now, it will be hosted inside DataCoin blockchain and use DataCoin as internal database, more news is coming soon.
I bought too much already. I will now sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster ride for Datacoin. Hopefully its an upward ride with a small downward trend.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
What is the current price? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: