Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 41. (Read 171852 times)

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
I've been trying to promote Datacoin every chance I get. I pmed Swisscex.com, ccex, coinedup, freshmarket.in.co, coinmarket.io, poloniex. You guys can help add the pressure by doing the same. lets get Datacoin to at least 5 exchanges.

Btw....anyone knows why Datacointalk.org isn't online right now?

nah i am also have the same question. Mstfck hasnt been online for 10 days now so i suppose he doesnt have time to check or something...
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
I've been trying to promote Datacoin every chance I get. I pmed Swisscex.com, ccex, coinedup, freshmarket.in.co, coinmarket.io, poloniex. You guys can help add the pressure by doing the same. lets get Datacoin to at least 5 exchanges.

Btw....anyone knows why Datacointalk.org isn't online right now?
legendary
getmonero.org
Comkort looks nice indeed. And it is good that more exchanges add Datacoin.

We need to push more exchanges to add it. Ok cryptsy looks that ignores it for good at least for now.

So i already have sent to vircurex and coinedup a couple of times. Maybe you also guys can send a nice email Cheesy

P.S. Bter has no volume indeed. Prices drop really easily...

Probably not until the devs come out with the lite wallet which is TBA. However, Comkort, an upcoming exchange, is going to add DTC and the interface looks amazing so I wouldn't be surprised if DTC skyrockets in February

Comkort does look sweet, wow! Did they made an announcement in regards to DTC, how do you know they will trade there?

They announced it on Twitter, people asked about it and they confirmed, and its on their website.
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Exactly what I was thinking... Grin
Wow DTC has fallen hard , wtf...

That makes me happy, buying time!  Grin

There's no liquidity at Bter! When will Cryptsy adopt DTCs?

Probably not until the devs come out with the lite wallet which is TBA. However, Comkort, an upcoming exchange, is going to add DTC and the interface looks amazing so I wouldn't be surprised if DTC skyrockets in February

Comkort does look sweet, wow! Did they made an announcement in regards to DTC, how do you know they will trade there?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Nice. DTC is by far the most undervalued coin nowadays.
On a side note, I am pretty sure someone is trying to bring price down on coinmarketcap since someone keep selling at .00013 even though highest buy offer is .00019

Activity: 80
Why is this coin being ignored by people. It has so much potential. Dev., how is the lite client going?
legendary
getmonero.org
Hi, I like this system (not just coin) Smiley

However, I have 2 questions:

1. If the blockchain containing all files will be spread on each computer, part of the network, how will we deal with the huge diskspace required for this? I have just read that the current maximu upload size is 1MB, however, 1 MB per what - IP, MAC, etc...? Also I do not see how if ti is wowrking this way how people will upload let's say 500 GB or sth similar, as then the blobkchain must grow into terabytes, please, correct me if I am wrong?

2. About mining - AFAIK this is strictly CPU coin, will I get a decent return if I use 16 CPU cores from the DigitalOcean?

Thanks  Wink

Datacoin doesnt target big files. The purpose is storage of small but very important files. Like wikileaks docs, torrent files, encrypted wallets or passwords, maybe banned books/blueprints... Stuff like that. But not movies. At least for now.

Digital Ocean wont make you money with the current price. Its better to buy some. Personally i buy whenever i have some BTC and also mining with a few cheap vps and my computers.
legendary
getmonero.org
was there a wallet update, or nodes I need to add?  my wallet is no longer syncing or connected to anything...

I dont think so. I am connected. nodes here: http://datacoin.info/addnodes
legendary
Activity: 1023
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
was there a wallet update, or nodes I need to add?  my wallet is no longer syncing or connected to anything...
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
IMHO oocook5u should check out OFF (if he doesn't know about it already):

http://offsystem.sourceforge.net/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owner_free_filing_system
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/blocksnet/index.php?title=Main_Page

Looks like they need a currency to set the world on fire.
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Hi, I like this system (not just coin) Smiley

However, I have 2 questions:

1. If the blockchain containing all files will be spread on each computer, part of the network, how will we deal with the huge diskspace required for this? I have just read that the current maximu upload size is 1MB, however, 1 MB per what - IP, MAC, etc...? Also I do not see how if ti is wowrking this way how people will upload let's say 500 GB or sth similar, as then the blobkchain must grow into terabytes, please, correct me if I am wrong?

2. About mining - AFAIK this is strictly CPU coin, will I get a decent return if I use 16 CPU cores from the DigitalOcean?

Thanks  Wink
legendary
getmonero.org
Congrats on the idea!
How much will be the total coins ever mined?
Or it has no limit and everlasting inflation such as XPM?

There is a max although quite big. It is 2 billion coins.

That being said those will be mined in a couple of centuries (i think i read 400 years somewhere) if we assume moores law will be the same...

Right now there are about 2.1 million coins out after almost 3 months...
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
Congrats on the idea!
How much will be the total coins ever mined?
Or it has no limit and everlasting inflation such as XPM?
Pages:
Jump to: