Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 34. (Read 171852 times)

legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
I'm actually using Datacoin right now to prototype my decentralized storage engine. I'm going to be creating some sort of fork of Datacoin for that. What do you think would be the best way to integrate the existing Datacoin community.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
Exciting news to come for Datacoin!
I confirm that. We've discussed several points for Datacoin plan to move forward, so - wait for some news.
Activity: 308
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Exciting news to come for Datacoin!
Activity: 423
*bump*
community takeover +1
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
any chance that someone has time to work with core code? Smiley
No much work to do with the core. If someone has some free time the HP12 optimizations could be ported to the hp branch of the client.
This would provide some performance improvement over the previous client.

Other than that, the only think I see that could boost Datacoin usage would be increasing storage capacity, this could only be done integrating some kind of DHT or maybe TAHOE-LAFS storage space (someone commented about this on reddit, can't remember who right now to give proper credit). If I had some time I would work on this , but to be honest I will not be able to invest any time in this at the moment, other doing some minimal maintainment work for krypte.

Could we not use krypte.net as the first (experimental) node of the Distributed Hash Table?  This would be a simple start to the private chains that oocook5u referred to.

Just bashing an idea around here.
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
No much work to do with the core. If someone has some free time the HP12 optimizations could be ported to the hp branch of the client.
This would provide some performance improvement over the previous client.

Other than that, the only think I see that could boost Datacoin usage would be increasing storage capacity, this could only be done integrating some kind of DHT or maybe TAHOE-LAFS storage space (someone commented about this on reddit, can't remember who right now to give proper credit). If I had some time I would work on this , but to be honest I will not be able to invest any time in this at the moment, other doing some minimal maintainment work for krypte.

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
while we are waiting for the dev to come back, why dont we try to do something that's fun with this coin like zynga poker, i want to play poker with dtc as a bet with another dtc holder hahaha. maybe cryptrol can make one. ^_^
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
Did dev ever open source the code?

Official code repository
https://github.com/foo1inge/datacoin - Primecoin fork with data in tx and corresponding RPC (not useful just now because nobody has money for fee).
https://github.com/foo1inge/datacoin-hp - Primecoin-hp fork with data in tx (and no RPC ... I'll port this later). You should use this for mining because it is faster.
Activity: 253
Merit: 1517
DTCxNMC
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
And remember that even if the chain forks, the strongest fork wins. Even if the original dev is still alive, many of us would likely mine on the fork of an active (and communicative) dev instead.

Frankly, I think we need to seriously consider a "community takeover".

I support this idea definitely. We should serch new devs. I suggest that we advertise the dev position. We should save dtc till it is possible.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
And remember that even if the chain forks, the strongest fork wins. Even if the original dev is still alive, many of us would likely mine on the fork of an active (and communicative) dev instead.

Frankly, I think we need to seriously consider a "community takeover".
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Yea..unfortunately dev. hasn't shown up so that is the cause of price dwindling...If someone with good tech skills can help dev. or possibly take over until he is back that'd be great.
the problem is you need permissions for his github repos and currently only he has. otherwise id be happy to help out.

Create your own branch of the code on Github and work on that.  Then we can all see the improvements you are making.  If dev disappears (which I don't think but anyway) then the best code will become the main branch.

With Huntercoin the dev actually died, and at least 3 other developers have started their own branches of the code.  In the end the partner of the dead developer will choose which will become the official branch.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Yea..unfortunately dev. hasn't shown up so that is the cause of price dwindling...If someone with good tech skills can help dev. or possibly take over until he is back that'd be great.
the problem is you need permissions for his github repos and currently only he has. otherwise id be happy to help out.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Bump!

Any idea why top 100 DTC holders website is down?
Because it cost money to host and service ran out I guess? Since dev hasn't appeared, no confidence. Sad I think he will thhough.
A lot of the top holders seem to be holding, so im glad not everyone is dumping. Looks like it has a steady down trend though.
Bump!

Because it cost money to host and service ran out I guess? Since dev hasn't appeared, no confidence. Sad I think he will thhough.

Agran site is up and running

http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php?top=100
Thx Gilito!
Activity: 295
Bump!

Agran site is up and running

http://agran.net/dtc_getbalance.php?top=100
Bump!

Activity: 188
Merit: 100
Pages:
Jump to: