Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 45. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
I'd like to dump too, but there is NO place where I can dump lol, and prices already felt so low, huge loss.
Almost no fucking buy orders, just some shit for a couple of BTC and that's all Sad
So sad that coin with such perfect idea is dying while such scam as EAC got added on cryptsy
It's very sad that Cryptsy owners (just several people) can harm coins if they don't like it for their personal reasons. Coin can be as bright as sun, but 'We don't like to add it, blah blah blah' - that's all. Think about it - does it help decentralization?

Anyway, we made agreement for promotions starting that Friday. Let's see what happens. in ~4-5 days.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
I'd like to dump too, but there is NO place where I can dump lol, and prices already felt so low, huge loss.
Almost no fucking buy orders, just some shit for a couple of BTC and that's all Sad
So sad that coin with such perfect idea is dying while such scam as EAC got added on cryptsy
Activity: 278
DTC price dropped to @22... we are sinking with each day Sad

I guess people don't feel like trading on Bter, if gets to @1 I'm buying bulk.

It is still averaging about 0.00036 BTC per DTC which is still good, but not as profitable as mining Primecoin. If the daily average per DTC drops below .00015 BTC, then I am going to dump over 50K DTC on BTER.

Also remember that the difficulty is very low right now even for CPU mining of Datacoin, and anything below 10 is too low for GPU mining of Primecoin.  Grin
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

I guess people don't feel like trading on Bter, if gets to @1 I'm buying bulk.
Activity: 206
Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
EDIT : Tried removing the block folder and just download everything again , it stared , dled some blocks and then boom ; Error Database I/O
Seems like a system error, do you have enough storage ? Take a look at the system logs (eventvwr.exe under windows) to see if there are hard drive errors there. If nothing works and even a "-reindex" doesn't recover your database, delete all the datacoin folder and restart it (backup your wallet first!).

On a side note, a miner is bloating the data fields of empty data transactions with this :
Code:
data: "Broughs="
If you are reading this, care to explain us why ?
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Guys does anyone know why do I get this error?
"Error opening block database.
Do you want to rebuild the database now?"
I press yes and I get :
"Error opening block database"

I have about 200 DTC in there damnit , what's going on!!!???
Heres my logs:
init message: Loading block index...
Opening LevelDB in S:\Users\jack\AppData\Roaming\Datacoin\blocks\index
Opened LevelDB successfully
Opening LevelDB in S:\Users\jack\AppData\Roaming\Datacoin\chainstate
init message: Loading block index...
Wiping LevelDB in S:\Users\jack\AppData\Roaming\Datacoin\blocks\index
Opening LevelDB in S:\Users\jack\AppData\Roaming\Datacoin\blocks\index
Flush(false)
DBFlush(false) ended               0ms
StopNode()
Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  3ms
Flush(true)
DBFlush(true) ended               0ms
and my db.log is saying
S:\Users\jack\AppData\Roaming\Datacoin\database\log.0000000001: log file unreadable: Bad address
PANIC: Bad address
DB_ENV->log_newfh: 1: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
EDIT : Tried removing the block folder and just download everything again , it stared , dled some blocks and then boom ; Error Database I/O
Activity: 143
I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions.

The ideas are sort of similar, although the details of what is possible will only become clear as the code gets released.

What is very nice is that various groups are starting to realise that crypto-currencies only have value if they are backed by the assets of the p2p network - bandwidth, data/file storage and cpu cycles.  Projects like Curecoin and Gridcoin are trying to base themselves on cpu cycles, while Datacoin monetizes file storage.  Interesting that you have focused on bandwidth.

My feeling is that open source rarely duplicates, and that different groups tend to work on different aspects of the ecosystem.   For example, if your WeTube was built on top of Datacoin, we would probably have a winning formula.  No wasted efforts, and fruitful cross-fertilization of ideas.  The Datacoin protocol would be tweaked to suit different media, and vice versa.

If you are worried about Datacoin "early adopters" I would say the coin is actually super cheap and can still be easily mined. It is only 2 months old.  And 2 billion will be released over the next few hundred years.  So plenty of time to get on the train.

Just my honest opinion.

AFAIK, it would be impossible to build WeTube on top of Datacoin. We need proof of bandwidth and the system of moderators for WeTube to work in a completely decentralized manner.
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions.

The ideas are sort of similar, although the details of what is possible will only become clear as the code gets released.

What is very nice is that various groups are starting to realise that crypto-currencies only have value if they are backed by the assets of the p2p network - bandwidth, data/file storage and cpu cycles.  Projects like Curecoin and Gridcoin are trying to base themselves on cpu cycles, while Datacoin monetizes file storage.  Interesting that you have focused on bandwidth.

My feeling is that open source rarely duplicates, and that different groups tend to work on different aspects of the ecosystem.   For example, if your WeTube was built on top of Datacoin and Datacoin HTTP server, we would probably have a winning formula.  No wasted efforts, and fruitful cross-fertilization of ideas.  The Datacoin protocol would be tweaked to suit different media, and vice versa.

If you are worried about Datacoin "early adopters" I would say the coin is actually super cheap and can still be easily mined. It is only 2 months old.  And 2 billion will be released over the next few hundred years.  So plenty of time to get on the train.

Just my honest opinion.
DTC unofficial team
One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
And also guys we need a MAC wallet. Many complains. And many people still have problem connecting to the network when they have downloaded the client...
see my post above if your interested in a fix for the peer problem.
MAC does work, get datacoin-qt.exe and run it with wine/wine-skin. not optimal but you can atleast have it on mac then Wink
that's not a problem, please post your address and I'll send coins to you for some months.
btw - good info about Mac, but you understand - it's better for potential investors to have native Mac app
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
And also guys we need a MAC wallet. Many complains. And many people still have problem connecting to the network when they have downloaded the client...
see my post above if your interested in a fix for the peer problem.
MAC does work, get datacoin-qt.exe and run it with wine/wine-skin. not optimal but you can atleast have it on mac then Wink
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked

I suppose its from Bter. Today for example i bought a few more. And if you go back 3-4 transactions its from this address.
Same for some datacoin i bought a few days ago.
What do you think?

Personally i dont trust Bter that much to have my Datacoins there. I buy and i send to wallet.

Thats why we need cryptsy or another exchange.

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
One third of all the datacoin in existance is here : DE5fExMsvuZv3WXC5ZjcskVhigs9VQrBYG  Shocked
legendary
/dev/null
was he online since the last time i posted about it? there hasnt been done anything wrt dnsseeder but i gave him enough informations to do it :S
he switched to HTTP server for Datacoin, I think that he has some kind of list of priorities.
i offered him to create the dnsseeder for him or even host it myself if the vps costs get paid (not much, 5-10$ per month). if someone would donate enough *coin to create it, id do it and make a pull req for adding the dnsseeder. therefore newer builds wont have the problems with not finding any peers.
how many coins do you want?  Wink
as said, worth 5-10$ per month, thats fine with me (ie, no profit for me). otherwise this is going nowehre with datacoin...
DTC unofficial team
was he online since the last time i posted about it? there hasnt been done anything wrt dnsseeder but i gave him enough informations to do it :S
he switched to HTTP server for Datacoin, I think that he has some kind of list of priorities.
i offered him to create the dnsseeder for him or even host it myself if the vps costs get paid (not much, 5-10$ per month). if someone would donate enough *coin to create it, id do it and make a pull req for adding the dnsseeder. therefore newer builds wont have the problems with not finding any peers.
how many coins do you want?  Wink
legendary
/dev/null
DTC unofficial team
legendary
/dev/null
DTC unofficial team
Hey guys. I wrote the nontechnical paper for Bitcloud. Just wanted to pop in to discuss the similarities with our projects because they are somewhat similar. As cryptrol pointed out, this is a brand new protocol that is based on proof of bandwidth, so it's not really an altcoin to Datacoin. The main ideas we've been thinking about when it comes to Bitcloud are a decentralized YouTube alternative and a way to monetize a meshnet in the distant future. Would projects like these be possible with Datacoin? Nodes are paid for sharing bandwidth in Bitcloud, so I am wondering if Datacoin would run into trouble when it came to apps that required large amounts of bandwidth. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Hi!
Datacoin can run into trouble if someone wants to store big files in it Smiley Generally, I have such an idea. Datacoin stores only text info: html pages, css\js for them, small pictures (logos?), magnet links, etc. It also will store info that really needs redundancy. It will be fast storage with its own services. In that case Bitcloud can offer media storage for that - it won't need such redundancy, but it will work in pair with Datacoin. Just imagine: Namecoin as root DNS service, Datacoin as service for storing text info and security keys, for example, and your project as a media storage. It is really some kind of new, free Internet with economical/financial background.

I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions. It's an incredible idea from Liberman. Then again, it's hard to look at the similarities since both ideas are brand new. I agree that all of these projects are extremely exciting. Hopefully we will be able to create the new, meshed Internet with financial incentives for nodes in the future.

That's great idea. You should write this directly to oocook5u who is core developer of DTC protocol, he is VERY experienced programmer, so I think that you can bring ideas to him and see what he says. He is interested in Datacoin growth and evolution. The only problem - he is online rather rarely, but if you're not in hurry, he'll answer.
Activity: 143
Hey guys. I wrote the nontechnical paper for Bitcloud. Just wanted to pop in to discuss the similarities with our projects because they are somewhat similar. As cryptrol pointed out, this is a brand new protocol that is based on proof of bandwidth, so it's not really an altcoin to Datacoin. The main ideas we've been thinking about when it comes to Bitcloud are a decentralized YouTube alternative and a way to monetize a meshnet in the distant future. Would projects like these be possible with Datacoin? Nodes are paid for sharing bandwidth in Bitcloud, so I am wondering if Datacoin would run into trouble when it came to apps that required large amounts of bandwidth. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.
Hi!
Datacoin can run into trouble if someone wants to store big files in it Smiley Generally, I have such an idea. Datacoin stores only text info: html pages, css\js for them, small pictures (logos?), magnet links, etc. It also will store info that really needs redundancy. It will be fast storage with its own services. In that case Bitcloud can offer media storage for that - it won't need such redundancy, but it will work in pair with Datacoin. Just imagine: Namecoin as root DNS service, Datacoin as service for storing text info and security keys, for example, and your project as a media storage. It is really some kind of new, free Internet with economical/financial background.

I'm familiar with the problems associated with storing larger files in Datacoin, but are personal chains a solution to that issue? I've been thinking that personal chains would be similar to our system of moderators. Nodes basically subscribe to a moderator, and then the moderator decides the kind of content that can be stored on the node. This means that all of the nodes aren't storing the same data, and they can make sure they are still following the laws in their local jurisdictions. It's an incredible idea from Liberman. Then again, it's hard to look at the similarities since both ideas are brand new. I agree that all of these projects are extremely exciting. Hopefully we will be able to create the new, meshed Internet with financial incentives for nodes in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: