Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo) - page 88. (Read 171852 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
Any CP in the blockchain yet?  There probably is, even if it's encrypted.  You'd never know, and you'd be distributing it to the scum of the earth.

Copypasting my old post here:

It's hard to prove. If you have file "1.jpg" stored in /home/user/pictures which contains illegal picture - it is "storing of content". But if you have blockchain with encrypted picture which could be picked from it only with help of special software... Uh, I can write a program that will get 128 kilobytes of symbols from Windows system common files, and - bah! - it is illegal content! So ALL users of this Windows version can be blamed.

Edited: and yes, if you are afraid, you can store blockchain in encrypted virtual machine or VPS.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Manateeeeeeees
Any CP in the blockchain yet?  There probably is, even if it's encrypted.  You'd never know, and you'd be distributing it to the scum of the earth.
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
Here is 'getmininginfo' from on of my machines:

{
    "blocks" : 22175,
    "chainspermin" : 70,
    "chainsperday" : 887.97256657,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 7.98029137,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : true,
    "genproclimit" : 12,
    "primespersec" : 10192,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "sieveextensions" : 9,
    "sievepercentage" : 10,
    "sievesize" : 1000000,
    "testnet" : false
}

Its 4-core 4 cpu Xeon machine, 4 cores are free to be used by database cluster :-p
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
anyone making a cool logo for this yet?
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
This is a pretty cool coin. Needs an official website and guide perhaps.
legendary
How was this done in the coding?  Any new script versions created?

Can you also send messages with this coin?

Sending a message means that there is a receiver for this message. senddata RPC doesn't add a receiver into tx but as soon as any tx has a data field you can do this (=> needs a bit of coding but doesn't need a hardfork).

I don't think that messaging (like IM or e-mail) is a very good idea for the blockchain: IM/e-mail is a one-to-one communication and data in blockchain is more suitable for one-to-many communication model.

Are there plans for tor nodes, darknet ip2 etc?
They are already built into bitcoin. And you are mixing concepts.

Oh, maybe i am then. I thought Anon coin was the only one that used tor? 

What is different about anon coin to other coins?
Activity: 637

Sending a message means that there is a receiver for this message. senddata RPC doesn't add a receiver into tx but as soon as any tx has a data field you can do this (=> needs a bit of coding but doesn't need a hardfork).

I don't think that messaging (like IM or e-mail) is a very good idea for the blockchain: IM/e-mail is a one-to-one communication and data in blockchain is more suitable for one-to-many communication model.

They are already built into bitcoin. And you are mixing concepts.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Were there no other datacoins (which store data in tx) already? If so, can you remind me please of their names?

The fist coin with data in tx was Namecoin. The main difference is that Namecoin is a key-value storage and it applies some rules to the data (data can be correct or not). Datacoin daemon handles blobs and it doesn't care about data format.
legendary

Activity: 504
do you have to send coins to send data also or can you just send data?  who has sent some files with this already?

senddata is a lot like sendtoaddress. It creates a tx that contains:

- data Smiley
- fee for this data
- inputs (in order to pay fee)
- output (for change)

So the answer is: no, you don't need to send coins to somebody to send data. You can just send data.

thx for the clarification!
do you have to send coins to send data also or can you just send data?  who has sent some files with this already?

senddata is a lot like sendtoaddress. It creates a tx that contains:

- data Smiley
- fee for this data
- inputs (in order to pay fee)
- output (for change)

So the answer is: no, you don't need to send coins to somebody to send data. You can just send data.
DTC unofficial team
As a concept at least, I think this coin will be pretty cool when there are tools for attaching/retrieving/browsing files all built in to the client. if I understood the developer's ideas Smiley

You can start with senddata RPC method that is available now in non-hp version of software. Other tools will appear. I'm working on this.
Thank you oocook5u for quick reply Smiley
As a concept at least, I think this coin will be pretty cool when there are tools for attaching/retrieving/browsing files all built in to the client. if I understood the developer's ideas Smiley

You can start with senddata RPC method that is available now in non-hp version of software. Other tools will appear. I'm working on this.
Activity: 26
Just curious, since its only cpu, whats everyones primes per second?
DTC unofficial team
Another dev that tries to pull a Satoshi ?
Hello ? This only worked for Bitcoin.
Wink
I sent him a PM - hopefully he will answer. But anyway it is very good coin concept, its code is open, and if he doesn't answer in some days - we can continue developing. There is a lot inherited from PrimeCoin, so development can be parallel.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
guys...are blocks getting mined very sloow or it's only a my flash? :O
Activity: 637
Another dev that tries to pull a Satoshi ?
Hello ? This only worked for Bitcoin.
Wink
legendary
where is the dev? anyone heard anthing from him since?
Pages:
Jump to: