Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 285. (Read 1201327 times)

Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Wow we went back over $2 / coin and 14 Th/s again today...

Still accumulating DCR think this is a very good longterm coin.
oh dcr best coin right now and 51 btc buy support is good to see ,soon will be really amaizing  Cheesy
Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Still accumulating DCR think this is a very good longterm coin.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Activity: 409
Price is quite stable now while bitcoin is rising and most altcoins fall.

Might not be mooning but with the circumstances its more than satisfactory.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
now that etehruem is down it's possible for decred to take its place?
yes DECRED is best coin now to invest _ after dao and eth and lisk are going down ,decred will go to the top  Cheesy 
Activity: 406
now that etehruem is down it's possible for decred to take its place?
Activity: 700
Now, it's time to pump Bitcoin, and Waves is coming Monday. It wouldn't be professional to release GUI wallet now.
Activity: 854
Any news about GUI wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005
What determines whether I succeed in buying a ticket or not?

When the price was 17.53 yesterday, I manually tried to purchase a ticket within the first 5 minutes.

The coins got committed but after the price changed, 12 hours later, they just returned to me instead of a ticket.

Is it pure luck and trying to be fast does not help?

There's a utility on the recent release that can do a lot of ticket/fee intelligence, so that you can get your tickets in, without having to go crazy high on fees. I'm still just doing it the manual way, and no trouble here  Cool

can we get that implemented in the pool? with like an opt-in checkbox

Hey @proletariat,

It's implicitly a client-side application, in that whole purpose for the utility, is to give all users a sophisticated ticket buying application, and this is something that only the users can do, never the pool (as the pool does not control any actual user funds). It does integrate with pool staking, in that you can just use the utility to make your ticket buying more competitive, and still have the pool voting for you.

The utility is called dcrticketbuyer, and it's included with the last couple of releases.
https://github.com/decred/decred-release/releases

Some usage info here, though there was some forum post that I don't recall now:
https://github.com/decred/dcrticketbuyer

Setting up might be a bit tricky/complicated, but once that's done, it should be easy as pie, and much more convenient than manual purchases. Like I said, I haven't tried this myself yet.

Cheers!

Fair enough. Thanks for the thorough explanation.
Cheers!
legendary
Activity: 1193
Peaky Blinder
I see the market maker is trying to buy as much DCR as he can, during this ETH/DAO mess.

Don't feed the whales folks. Cool
Activity: 827
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
dont mind buying at these cheap prices at all
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
Man, where can I sign this?

I did 2 things today:
 - Decided I will never invest in ICO again, no mather how luring it is (was not burned in ETH but some small coin)
 - Bought couple of hundreds of DCR

I'm quite sure both will show up as very good decisions.

Thanks to everybody who contribute to Decred project  Smiley

After today's developments, I would just like to say it's an honour to have served in Decred's D-Day. We airdropped hard and we airdropped well. If you consider yourself part of the Decred community and project, you can take pride in the fact that Decred self-funds its development without asking users for a cent. Not before and not after the fact. It's wholly irresponsible to ask users to fund your project and then put their funds in harm's way. That norm needs to change. I'm not a fan of kicking another project when it's down, and I'm just speaking as a member of the community, but it should be said. Decred self-funds for this very reason.

some ICOs are not that bad but DCR rocks for 100% Smiley)))))

sure, but even in ICOs with inovative coins and honest and capable devs price usually goes down a bit after ICO ends and trading starts.
Activity: 198
DCR will be in the top 3 crypto market cap.  BTC-ETH-DCR will form the crypto trinity.

I will bookmark your post and will wait for your prediction becomes a reality in a few months' or few years' time.
Activity: 867
I was part of the initial airdrop. I still hold my coins and love the development so far. I just started mining Decred today. Looking to increase my holdings. Decred looks promising! Great development team!
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
wallet.decred.org generates invalid addresses.

you really ought to pull the site down until you fix it, it'll leave a bad taste in peoples' mouth. especially with it being a subdomain of the official site.
Activity: 966
DCR will be in the top 3 crypto market cap.  BTC-ETH-DCR will form the crypto trinity.
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos

I did 2 things today:
 - Decided I will never invest in ICO again, no mather how luring it is (was not burned in ETH but some small coin)

After today's developments, I would just like to say it's an honour to have served in Decred's D-Day. We airdropped hard and we airdropped well. If you consider yourself part of the Decred community and project, you can take pride in the fact that Decred self-funds its development without asking users for a cent. Not before and not after the fact. It's wholly irresponsible to ask users to fund your project and then put their funds in harm's way. That norm needs to change. I'm not a fan of kicking another project when it's down, and I'm just speaking as a member of the community, but it should be said. Decred self-funds for this very reason.

some ICOs are not that bad but DCR rocks for 100% Smiley)))))
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
dcrctl --wallet consolidate 9999
seems error
-22: TX rejected: tried to spend zero value output from input f1a3dd7962999c2a6a
8077a6d3b4ba0db758e7bd1e6224ef8c667e8628c7ab53, idx 2

happens the same to me: can not purchase and consolidation throws the same error. Let´s say I do not have my seed, what can I do? Can not believe that having a couple of copies of my wallet that is fully sync and staking but can not purchase or move my coins anymore. Thank you

This will be fixed in an upcoming version (PR-278). At present, you can still use dumpprivkey and importprivkey to get at the funds. So you'd dumpprivkey for all your addresses, make a new wallet, and importprivkey.
Activity: 195

I did 2 things today:

legendary
Activity: 1274

Better to start from the bottom and work our way up, than to start from the top and come crashing down.

Been here from the beginning and not going anywhere.  I'm proud to own my piece of DCR history Cheesy

Edit:  Hashrate creeping up again...looks like we are back over 10 TH/s
Jump to: