Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 413. (Read 1201332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
I'm not certain I like how this POS voting work. It appears that if you try and solo mine, if your connection is lost for any reason, you could miss a vote, and then your coins are locked up, with no chance for a reward. You could join a staking pool, but then you are basically trusting your vote to the pool operator. What if a hot issue comes up and you have tickets with the pool that have not been rewarded yet? What if you find that you disagree with the pool operator on the issue? Now all of those tickets will be used to vote his way.
They recommend that if you solo mine, you need to keep a connection 24/7. Even the best servers have a chance of going down, even with redundancies in place. Seems like this POS mining is going to not be very centralized. The people who can set up the best pools with the best guarantees for continuous connectivity to the network is going to have all the voting power.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

Quote from: chrysophylax
o - windows ...

ok ... ahem ...

#crysx

lol  Roll Eyes

ya win10 = no more fun, just go to work. sad, what 'they' will - put a nag in your tray (via an update) that tempts you w/a free upgrade, that is not an upgrade

watch out for C-Cex too - they steal
legendary
Boy, I was really missing something really basic. I was trying to run the 32 bit wallet on my 64 bit machine.  Cheesy I got confused and thought amd64 meant an amd cpu. Now I feel really stupid after my tirade last night. Sorry for dropping the F bomb last night.

32bit application should still work in a 64bit environment ...

thats strange ...

#crysx

for wiw i've a few older 32bit games that will not run on win7/64, so it goez

o - windows ...

ok ... ahem ...

#crysx

Yes, I "upgraded" to Windows 10. so that probably was the whole problem. Wish that I stayed with 7 but it kept nagging me.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Boy, I was really missing something really basic. I was trying to run the 32 bit wallet on my 64 bit machine.  Cheesy I got confused and thought amd64 meant an amd cpu. Now I feel really stupid after my tirade last night. Sorry for dropping the F bomb last night.

thats strange ...

#crysx

o - windows ...

ok ... ahem ...

#crysx
legendary
BTW, it appear C-CEX is implementing DCR. https://c-cex.com/?p=dcr-btc Can't deposit yet. Maybe we can get more arb opportunities with a 3rd exchange.
legendary

thats strange ...

#crysx

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
It's funny how people still recommend using --no-submit-stale - I'm starting to think it's to sabotage new miners lol

What's this command about? I got it in my conf file  Huh

It's completely stupid. As the miner can only GUESS if a share is considered stale by the pool, and because there is ZERO harm in trying, it not only will result in you sometimes not submitting valid shares, but will also hide the actual reject rate.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

thats strange ...

#crysx
legendary
Boy, I was really missing something  basic. I was trying to run the 32 bit wallet on my 64 bit machine.  Cheesy I got confused and thought amd64 meant an amd cpu. Now I feel really stupid after my tirade last night. Sorry for dropping the F bomb last night.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Hold for 3 QTS. Sell. Profit.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
Why I get only rejects. My conf
cgminer.exe --blake256 --benchmark -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -u xxx -p xxx -I 10

loose the --benchmark, add (optional) --no-submit-stale --gpu-threads 2 --scan-time 2 --queue 0   Wink

fwiw i'm running @ -I 4 and ~90o C

TY m8. 90oC even we have middle of winter it's  unacceptable temp. It's more profitable to mine ETH and buy DCR from exchange.

It's funny how people still recommend using --no-submit-stale - I'm starting to think it's to sabotage new miners lol
Activity: 352
Merit: 250
How come cgminer for decred has a maximum Intensity of 14?  ( -I 14 )   I used to mine Dogecoin in the past with this same GPU and was able to set a much higher intensity on my card to get more hashing power.  I'm now mining with I 14 on my 5850 card, but I'm sure it can handle a bit more, I don't get any hardware errors or rejects and the desktop is still very responsive. I'm running at 68 celcius..  Anyone know why that is? Is it compiled that way?

They inherited a Blake miner that made the intensity stupid - I 14 is actually I 29.
Some people don't get it Cheesy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
im not mining but trading - great project unlike NEU coin fiasco
Activity: 882
Merit: 252
How come cgminer for decred has a maximum Intensity of 14?  ( -I 14 )   I used to mine Dogecoin in the past with this same GPU and was able to set a much higher intensity on my card to get more hashing power.  I'm now mining with I 14 on my 5850 card, but I'm sure it can handle a bit more, I don't get any hardware errors or rejects and the desktop is still very responsive. I'm running at 68 celcius..  Anyone know why that is? Is it compiled that way?

i'm running:   cgminer --blake256 -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9110 -u my.worker -p worker -I 14 --gpu-engine 950 --gpu-memclock 1100
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003
cgminer.exe --blake256 --benchmark -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -u xxx -p xxx -I 10

loose the --benchmark, add (optional) --no-submit-stale --gpu-threads 2 --scan-time 2 --queue 0   Wink

TY m8. 90oC even we have middle of winter it's  unacceptable temp. It's more profitable to mine ETH and buy DCR from exchange.

What GPUs are you using?
With 280X i am having 72C with 25C ambient temperature

hey badam, i'm using a 280x also, underclocked, undervolted, intensity = 1 atm, and 86oC atm. honestly stumped as to what else to try, could you share your cli?

@
Quote from: wolf0

- i did say it was optional   Wink

My 280X is doing 1.527MH/s and just touching 70C.
So what are your settings ?

It's not going to really give you much of a frame of reference, as all Blake-256 code (CPU and GPU) was removed and replaced, plus many other edits, but intensity 22 (what the stock miner would call intensity 7) with four GPU threads.
Just throwing this into the pot, a few more commands that can be used to tweak settings, please dont use my example settings tho, hope this may be of some help.

cgminer.exe --blake256 -o http://dcr.suprnova.cc:9111 -u Username.1 -p x -I 14 -g 2 --gpu-engine 1150,1150,1100 --gpu-memclock 750,750,625 --gpu-fan 65
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

What GPUs are you using?
With 280X i am having 72C with 25C ambient temperature

hey badam, i'm using a 280x also, underclocked, undervolted, intensity = 1 atm, and 86oC atm. honestly stumped as to what else to try, could you share your cli?

@
Quote from: wolf0

- i did say it was optional   Wink

My 280X is doing 1.527MH/s and just touching 70C.
So what are your settings ?
Activity: 1022
w0w, thanks, already did my dusting, clean air filters etc. it's a full size desktop (atx) w/the r-9 and an older 5670 hd. the older unit runs nice and cool, even with inside temps often over 100oF. i guess that's the problem, but even if i remove the side panel it doesn't seem to help much. the 280x has been running for two years at ~80ish+o

Connect a thermal peltier to the rear side of the card to help cool it. If your case is good enough you can use it to spread the heat from the warm side of the peltier.

You could also remove the case completely and mount the set up to the side of your desk. That reduced my Tempsford on the 290trix by 15 degrees

^^very interesting idea!

I've been modding the crap out of everything I can for the last 10 year and came across these when I was modding an air con exhaust system. They worked a treat
legendary
w0w, thanks, already did my dusting, clean air filters etc. it's a full size desktop (atx) w/the r-9 and an older 5670 hd. the older unit runs nice and cool, even with inside temps often over 100oF. i guess that's the problem, but even if i remove the side panel it doesn't seem to help much. the 280x has been running for two years at ~80ish+o

Connect a thermal peltier to the rear side of the card to help cool it. If your case is good enough you can use it to spread the heat from the warm side of the peltier.

You could also remove the case completely and mount the set up to the side of your desk. That reduced my Tempsford on the 290trix by 15 degrees

^^very interesting idea!
Activity: 1022

Jump to: