Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 534. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hi devs, any chance you can halt or slow down gpu/fpga farms centralising the mining from the start so regular miners get a fair chance?

Also can you post some tutorial about mining for dummies or something so beginning miners like me can get into it?

Cheers
Activity: 597
Merit: 504

ii. Wallets and Mining

• Simple GPU miner - A simple AMD GPU miner that connects to a local daemon will be available before launch. In the future, proper getblocktemplate functionality will be enabled and pool software will be made available.

Dear Decred Dev team,

Release is less than week away so when do we get the miner? You should let people test the miner somehow for a fair launch... You don't want that drama when half of OS X users are screwd etc. do you?[/list]
    Activity: 6
    Merit: 0
    i subscribe this thread and want to partecipate to airdrop...but what? Huh please dev help me
    legendary
    Activity: 1981
    Merit: 1039
    thanks for confirmation this is really interesting  Smiley
    Activity: 8
    I like this coin and I will mine it Wink
    Activity: 452
    Merit: 251
    I like idea of this coin, and I want to participate in  airdrop, but I do not have url.
    How I join in airdrop?

You can submit your Bitcointalk profile if you'd like.
    Activity: 156
    Merit: 236
    Are you inferring that only users of BitcoinTalk will be able to take advantage of the airdrop? To be fair, yes, this is a trick question, but a legit one nonetheless.

No, the airdrop is not exclusive to Bitcointalk accounts. They are valid forms of online presence if they are not obvious throwaway accounts and have some history of legitimate engagement. Any online presence is valid - there is no discrimination on the basis of platforms.

All members of this forum?

Edited because this question was missed in reference to the comment on Decred's international community. What this means is the project is seeing global participation. At present, participants have come from over 100 different countries.
    Activity: 722
    Merit: 500

I guess i best reply to this, then, so not to clog the thread disproportionally, I'll try to just watch a day or two.

There is no fundermental misunderstanding. I do not believe dcred an attack on bitcoin as such, more an attack on decentralisation/equality due to massive % of "total" dcreds held by c0 in 1 year. I don't think everything new is a threat, but then there is nothing new in (a company) trying to take such vast (potential)future profit/power. I appreciate any contribution to Bitcoin made by c0, past and future, thankyou. I understand no claim of perfect has been made, but (imo) the stake held by c0 will prevent any real, long term, growth (perfect). c0 will hold all the real mass profit.

I would not suggest anyone follow Bitcoin blindly, I always recommend research, as I would here. Funny how $82 can warp ones' oppinion though.

Who said Decred was worth anything?

I understand the value will be set by the market, not ones' opinion
    legendary
    Activity: 2156
    Merit: 1072
    Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
    This is pretty exciting guys. Looks like we got another top 5 crypto In The works. Glad I stumbled on this I'm contacting the dev team to see if I can assist.

Hey litecoin DASH

FTFY   Wink
    Activity: 201
    Merit: 100
    stealthcoin.com
    Confirmation received, thanx Decred-team! Watching with interest, looks very promising  Smiley
    Activity: 208
    Merit: 100
    I like idea of this coin, and I want to participate in  airdrop, but I do not have url.
    How I join in airdrop?
    legendary
    Activity: 1428
    Merit: 1001
    Fucker of "the system"
    why was blake chosen instead of any of the other sha3 finalists? What does it have that is better for decred than skein or keccak, for example?

Come on man you know Blake runs cooler is more effecient and consumes less resources in pos.
    legendary
    Fucker of "the system"
    This is pretty exciting guys. Looks like we got another top 5 crypto In The works. Glad I stumbled on this I'm contacting the dev team to see if I can assist.

Hey litecoin
    Activity: 76
    Merit: 10
    Are you inferring that only users of BitcoinTalk will be able to take advantage of the airdrop?

No. I signed up for the airdrop successfully using only a github link and email address as my evidence. I made no reference back to bitcointalk. I thought it might be a mark against me.  Wink
    vip
    Merit: 1145
    Again, full disclosure, I'm not participating in the airdrop via any accounts, but curious as to what deters users from taking advantage of the airdrops via say a dozen-plus monikers, of which all they control? I can easily envision a person earning a potential hundreds of dollars sans any real effort.

This is a fair concern. There are a number of verification steps involved - hence the reason why the project had to push back the invitation e-mails being sent out. Every application receives individual attention. Most platforms today show an account creation date, and an application is more likely to be rejected if it's clear that the moniker that signed up cannot be linked to the URL submitted. This is why it is encouraged participants sign up with an online presence of some sort. There are also technical checks in place to avoid gaming the initiative. No system is going to be perfect, but reasonable steps can be taken to make it as inclusive and fair as possible.

Are you inferring that only users of BitcoinTalk will be able to take advantage of the airdrop?

To be fair, yes, this is a trick question, but a legit one nonetheless.

Great to see people are starting to receive invitations and generating their addresses! The e-mails will keep flowing. Make sure you check your spam folder if you haven't whitelisted decred.org. There is also a dedicated support thread that just opened to help guide others through the process. Decred has an international community, so if you notice anything in the language-specific threads about getting help with the process, please help others where you can. You can also post here and people will help you if you have trouble.

All members of this forum?
    Activity: 658
    Merit: 500
    Hoping that the airdrop coins would be sufficient for staking  Grin Would like to see the payment gateway in place as soon as practical as this will allow integration of other e-commerce platforms.. Are we able to buy in also pre launch? Thanks

Activity: 6
    insteresting coin...but could u create a optimized version of your wallet and miner for raspberry pi after launch? thanks
    Activity: 812
    Activity: 812
    But really you will all be working on the cheap for c0, most likely. imo.

There has been no information about compensation for devs that will form part of the proposed ecosystem. So I don't know where you get that from. This begs the question though, and it's a serious one, what's the alternative for a new dev in the future? Work on Bitcoin and get paid nothing? Or work in a system where you get compensated for innovation and contributions that feed back into Bitcoin as well? I know that's biased, but it's a legitimate proposal that's being formed.

As i said, imo. (as, as you said, there is no info on the subject!)

I know not the employment of devs. Does this all now rest on dcred/c0?

It was basically a good idea, of course. But c0 get to powerful/gready/centralised. (in the current plan)
    Activity: 452
    Merit: 251
    But really you will all be working on the cheap for c0, most likely. imo.

There has been no information about compensation for devs that will form part of the proposed ecosystem. So I don't know where you get that from. This begs the question though, and it's a serious one, what's the alternative for a new dev in the future? Work on Bitcoin and get paid nothing? Or work in a system where you get compensated for innovation and contributions that feed back into Bitcoin as well? I know that's biased, but it's a legitimate proposal that's being formed.
    Jump to: