Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 538. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 655
Merit: 500
Just to let everyone know, airdrop invitation e-mails will start going out January 8th, 2016. They'll continue being sent out over the weekend and early next week. Airdrop applications will continue being accepted until January 18th, 2016, and invitation e-mails will continue until prior to mainnet launch. The project has been swamped with interest and every application gets individual attention, so there will be more information about mainnet launch as well. The current anticipation is a delay of one week, which is unfortunate, but it's important to give all the applications proper attention and not leave people behind.

There are some really talented people who have signed up to join the Decred network and community. It's humbling to think there are so many high calibre individuals who want to explore technology together to build on what Decred is putting forward. You're thanked from the bottom of the hearts of those who have built it up to this point, and it's going to be an honour to work together and see where the wind in our sails takes us. Smiley

And so it begins ... very excited to see DCR grow into something we can ALL really be proud of as crypto supporters!
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
Again, full disclosure, I'm not participating in the airdrop via any accounts, but curious as to what deters users from taking advantage of the airdrops via say a dozen-plus monikers, of which all they control? I can easily envision a person earning a potential hundreds of dollars sans any real effort.

This is a fair concern. There are a number of verification steps involved - hence the reason why the project had to push back the invitation e-mails being sent out. Every application receives individual attention. Most platforms today show an account creation date, and an application is more likely to be rejected if it's clear that the moniker that signed up cannot be linked to the URL submitted. This is why it is encouraged participants sign up with an online presence of some sort. There are also technical checks in place to avoid gaming the initiative. No system is going to be perfect, but reasonable steps can be taken to make it as inclusive and fair as possible.
Activity: 415
Merit: 250
looks real interesting ... following closely.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Guys, join the project, it is interesting !!!!!!
+1 Attending
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
Decred Airdrop Confirmation
Success! Airdrop confirmed!
Successfully added Decred address D*******************
Your confirmation id is e***********************************
  Shocked nice one , cant wait to get the party started  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
Also confirming received my email invitation for air drop looking forward and waiting for many updates. thank you.
Activity: 462
I found my registration confirmation in my spam folder. As a very early registrant, I thought I had been overlooked and PMed a lengthy and unnecessary appeal.

If you feel like you have been overlooked, avoid the same mistake I did and check your spam folders.

If there is a single address you're sending from you could also provide that for people to proactively add to their address/safe sender list to avoid hitting the spam folder.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
I found my registration confirmation in my spam folder. As a very early registrant, I thought I had been overlooked and PMed a lengthy and unnecessary appeal.

If you feel like you have been overlooked, avoid the same mistake I did and check your spam folders.

I hope this project is truly what they advertise. I'm on board if so.

One question: while there are so many tools to create bitcoin-type addresses on the client side of a browser, why do we need to download an address generator?
Activity: 462
Confirming that I received my airdrop.

Quick note: during the airdrop process, in the keys.txt that is generated, the first address that is generated is also appended (without a space or a line break) to the word Extended in the phrase Extended Public Key. So it's not immediately obvious to insert a line break there in front of the word Extended.

Looking forward to seeing what's next!

+1 Just received mine too!

Can't wait for release!
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Confirming that I received my airdrop.

Quick note: during the airdrop process, in the keys.txt that is generated, the first address that is generated is also appended (without a space or a line break) to the word Extended in the phrase Extended Public Key. So it's not immediately obvious to insert a line break there in front of the word Extended.

Looking forward to seeing what's next!
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Thank you Decred for the update!

Looking forward to see how Decred changes the game for cryptocurrency!
vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
When I signed up a week or so ago all I was asked for was my email and a link to my online presence.  Is this all that is required?  I had been following MC2 for quite a while because of the involvement of tacotime.

That's all that is required. Essentially, it's just a very basic mechanism to avoid the initiative being abused, and to qualify the participation to include people who are contributors (can be anything from engagement with issues, developers, designers, people with ideas, and so on). If you're not a bot, you got a spot!

Again, full disclosure, I'm not participating in the airdrop via any accounts, but curious as to what deters users from taking advantage of the airdrops via say a dozen-plus monikers, of which all they control? I can easily envision a person earning a potential hundreds of dollars sans any real effort.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293
Huh?
i'll be keeping an eye out on this one.

Good luck devs!
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
When I signed up a week or so ago all I was asked for was my email and a link to my online presence.  Is this all that is required?  I had been following MC2 for quite a while because of the involvement of tacotime.

That's all that is required. Essentially, it's just a very basic mechanism to avoid the initiative being abused, and to qualify the participation to include people who are contributors (can be anything from engagement with issues, developers, designers, people with ideas, and so on). If you're not a bot, you got a spot!
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
i've signed up for the airdrop on the website few weeks ago but never got any confirmation mail, would be nice to get one...  Smiley

Airdrop confirmation e-mails will be going out today and continue being sent into early next week. The airdrop form confirms your entry when you submit. Didn't want to spam people's inboxes with mail given that there would be a confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to generate your address.

i've signed up for the airdrop on the website few weeks ago but never got any confirmation mail, would be nice to get one...  Smiley

Airdrop confirmation e-mails will be going out today and continue being sent into early next week. The airdrop form confirms your entry when you submit. Didn't want to spam people's inboxes with mail given that there would be a confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to generate your address.
Activity: 329
i've signed up for the airdrop on the website few weeks ago but never got any confirmation mail, would be nice to get one...  Smiley
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
Signed up for the airdrop. Cool Cool Cool
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Looks like an interesting project. Signed up for the airdrop.

Me too!  Haven't been this excited about a new coin since Monero.

Can't wait to participate in the distributed governance.  Could be big fun, as drama is practically guaranteed!   Cool
Jump to: