Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 530. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 774
Merit: 503
Registered and looking forward to the airdrop. Keeping my fingers crossed!

And to those who want to promote DCR in a simple way without sacrificing your signature space feel free to use my avatar.

http://imgur.com/xB61X4b
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

Usually the airdrop ensures that everyone except for the community will get the Decrepit coins.

Anyways, i've just signed up, i'm in. Let's see if i have more chances of receiving this shitcoin than to win the Powerball. I doubt it.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021
My Airdrop registration is confirmed, looking forward to being a part of Decred  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
Maybe all the people bitching about 5000 limit didn't read what the devs are looking for. The airdrop is not for people that have been in crypto for a month and won't contribute anything to the project or community.  If you are not an old and active member on forums, IRC, or twitter with a lot of crypto followers, artist, programmer, promoter, etc. offering your talents, then frankly you shouldn't be in the 5000 because you are not what they are looking for. It is not a mass airdrop to anyone who asks, and it is refreshing to see that.  No one needs 5000 Chinese and Indian 12 year olds getting 168 coins and instantly selling them. And even though I am a hero member and active in forums and IRC, I did not apply, as I can promote it a bit and get pool ops or exchange ops to look at coins, but this coin isn't going to need that, it will be a given. I can just mine or buy 168 coins, but I do know people that will promote it on twitter with big followings that applied and got accepted.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
WE NEED MOAR TWITTERS

I got approved for the airdrop, haven't had time to install the wallet and collect my coins but when I do will give my feedback.
Activity: 354
Merit: 252
I wasn't talking from that point of view..

I was talking from the point of view about thinking about the technology behind Decred and what impact it can have. The majority won't focus on that but "how big it can get".

This is normal and expected, and am more keen on what this project will bring to the table.

How big it can get is really all that matters for a decentralized currency. It's part and parcel with the tech.

For example, can bitcoin itself scale to make it a global currency for everyday use? It's probably consistent with the motivation behind bitcoin to say that the answer to that question is fundamentally important to the future of human liberty.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
  • Internal voting system for the addition of new features and hard or soft fork selection - Both PoW and PoS miners can vote for features and issues through bit flags, providing a sensible mechanism for resolving disputes about the features of the blockchain.

Is there any more info on this? Majority vote will be considered consensus from all peers?

There is more information about consensus in the introduction to Decred (Technology) and the technical brief (Hybrid PoW/PoS Design) pages on the wiki.

Thanks! Do I understand correctly that a simple majority vote (more than half hashrate/trust/or the like) will be considered sufficient for the activation of a contentious hard fork and that the purpose of the voting system ist to abolish consensus-based decision making in favor of a democratic voting system?

I am wondering why you think this kind of voting system „resolves disputes about the features of the blockchain“? I mean it's already possible for a majority of users to switch to a different fork, just as it‘s possible for a minority of users to do it -  with or without „internal voting system“.  But to switch the entire economy to new consensus rules requires -> general agreement among participants -> consensus.
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
WE NEED MOAR TWITTERS

I agree. I retweeted the last tweet made by decredproject.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Fucker of "the system"
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
also i sent my buddy this way he has a youtube channel called BITCOIN RUSH. its pretty popular. he is prolly gonna talk about this coin on his next episode which will send this thing supernova.  so get ready for fun!
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
Is there any more info on this? Majority vote will be considered consensus from all peers?

There is more information about consensus in the introduction to Decred (Technology) and the technical brief (Hybrid PoW/PoS Design) pages on the wiki.
legendary
Fucker of "the system"
Interesting project. I'll try to apply for the airdrop.  Smiley

Decred >>> Blockpocker
whatever dude if you think like that you can hit the bricks we need good loyal positive people here

I have successfully submit an application, but did not receive E-mail

You are likely in the second batch of participants and their e-mails will go out in the near future. You can PM _ingsoc on the project's forum and he can look at your application for you if you need to check up on its status.

thats what i did make sure you give an example of who you are and what you do. i dont know if they have a criteria but a lil bragging cant hurt i guess lol
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Be patient guys, they are probably at jobs, or analyzing the links that represent the email addresses or sleeping.  Tongue
Activity: 284
Merit: 250

Me too! Still waiting e-mail Huh
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
  • Internal voting system for the addition of new features and hard or soft fork selection - Both PoW and PoS miners can vote for features and issues through bit flags, providing a sensible mechanism for resolving disputes about the features of the blockchain.

Activity: 616
Merit: 503
@Mansa_Godson

Decred >>> Blockpocker
Activity: 812
Activity: 156
Merit: 236

You are likely in the second batch of participants and their e-mails will go out in the near future. You can PM _ingsoc on the project's forum and he can look at your application for you if you need to check up on its status.
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟
Jump to: