Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 540. (Read 1201332 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
i confirm, my nVidia GTX 750Ti have 580MH/s for blake256 14rounds with "ccminer 1.5.78" and GTX 960 have 930MH/s you can try it on Saffroncoin, he used blake256 14rounds algo.

which pool are you using for the testing? ...

and what settings are you using on the commandline? ...

this looks like ccminer-spmod78 - correct? ...

#crysx

pool: http://www.miners-pool.eu/#!/pools

setting: ccminer.exe -q -a blake --intensity 24 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.miners-pool.eu:8421 -u SMuUBPaqpwTCae7hRqcjc9xE6EAMoE996w -p 1

ccminer for nVidia cards: https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

if you have another nVidia card, write here your hashrate...

ill test tomorrow with the same settings ( but different address ) and see how we go ...

im finishing off a mates system this week also - and can test his cards as well ...

tanx ...

#crysx
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Interesting project, my favorite aspect is the ability of the coin to directly fund development (and not just to c0 folks, but anybody).

Questions for Decred team:

- Will there be support at any exchanges on genesis launch day?

- Is there a privacy policy regarding the identities you're collecting for the airdrop? (I couldn't find mention of this on your website)

- can you expand on what the constitution will look like? who will write it? I ask because you already mentioned a private entity that receives the 10% dev funding, but how will it decide who deserves to be awarded contracts?

- given the undeniable technical skill of your team as well as the team's history with bitcoin, why an alt coin? Have you considered the possibility of implementing the decred feature set as a 2 way peg sidechain [1] ? If you considered this but decided against it, can you say why?

To expand a little on my motivation for the last question: I ask because it seems odd to me that the btcsuite team would choose to compete with bitcoin when there are other options (potentially, maybe you can tell me why there aren't). In other words, you could potentially prove the design decisions behind decred in a sidechain, and bitcoin users could vote with their feet (i.e. coins) by moving to your chain.

[1] for an example of a simple sidechain design, see Paul Sztorc's proposal here: http://www.truthcoin.info/blog/drivechain/
Activity: 560
Merit: 255
i confirm, my nVidia GTX 750Ti have 580MH/s for blake256 14rounds with "ccminer 1.5.78" and GTX 960 have 930MH/s you can try it on Saffroncoin, he used blake256 14rounds algo.

#crysx

pool: http://www.miners-pool.eu/#!/pools

setting: ccminer.exe -q -a blake --intensity 24 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.eu.miners-pool.eu:8421 -u SMuUBPaqpwTCae7hRqcjc9xE6EAMoE996w -p 1

ccminer for nVidia cards: https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

if you have another nVidia card, write here your hashrate...
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

#crysx
Activity: 560
Merit: 255
Activity: 125
Merit: 100
I just got introduced in Bitcoin, can new members join this campaign?

Of course you can! Decred is about including people who care about contribution and want to participate in that process. You can sign up for the airdrop on the main website. Or, if you don't have an online presence, you can contact me on the forum, but be sure to give a little backstory and what your proposed contributions are to the project, so that it's possible to pinpoint your interest. My personal goal is to find groups to connect everyone to, so that clear areas of contribution emerge in the community.

PMed you on bitcointalk. I would have done it on the forum, but i wanted to maintain my identity here on Bitcointalk.

I'll sign up for the airdrop once you deem me worthy Wink
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
I can easily understand you, @Blizzy, as this btcTalk forum is the home of the trolls (retarded kids). The worst place on the Internet, actually... I hardly ever feel like posting here... only if there's a really good reason.

I hope Decred succeeds and the community will have another forum, far away from this btcTalk.

I think we've all felt like this at one point or another. You can sign up at the Decred forum if that looks more appealing. The key is to remember if there's constructive discourse happening somewhere, it will be addressed and included, no matter where it occurs.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Is the choose of algorithm due to the availability of FPGA implementations of Blake256?

Someone pointed out on IRC that:
blake256
no point in GPU mining it
FPGAs will be on it from launch minute

And then I found this github repo:
https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner

Just curious if it's even worth setting up gpus to mine or it's probably not even worth it...

There isn't a publicly available FPGA port for 14 round blake-256.  

It's absolutely worth setting up GPUs because that's what everyone else will be mining with.  Most people don't have FPGAs anyway..

FPGAs don't give a huge hashrate advantage for blake-256.  It's more of an efficiency thing.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Is the choose of algorithm due to the availability of FPGA implementations of Blake256?

Someone pointed out on IRC that:
blake256
no point in GPU mining it
FPGAs will be on it from launch minute

And then I found this github repo:
https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner

Just curious if it's even worth setting up gpus to mine or it's probably not even worth it...
Activity: 130
hi, i like the concept and would like to be involved.  Grin
ive created another thread http://metabtc.com/threads/decred-rethink-digital-currency.170/    Kiss
it may or may not be used but with past experience here i know that if the mods here get upset members end up getting banned for no reason. Cry
ill be posting regular updates from the devs and relevent media links  Smiley
Also you get paid btc for leaving comments on metabtc  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Angry  this btcTalk forum is the home of the trolls (retarded kids)   Angry

Cry  The worst place on the Internet, actually... I hardly ever feel like posting here   Cry

Cry  I hope Decred succeeds and the community will have another forum, far away from this btcTalk.   Cry Cry Cry

And yet here you are, with a throwaway single-purpose account, begging for free shit.   Roll Eyes

Sufficiently advanced thought leadership is indistinguishable from trolling.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018
HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com
I have signed up for the airdrop as offered by one of the devs (via pm).  Admittedly I am skeptical about this coin and the motives so I am running things in a vm sandbox for the time being.  Something that strikes my attention is the quote:  Community based governance - Based on the timeline of discussions that lead up to the development of this cryptocurrency, I have a suspicion that this coin's vote feature partially has the failed actions of the bitcoin foundation (BCF) to thank for creating that need (for a decentralized democratic-like mechanism to circumvent the shortcomings of the BCF).  I may or may not write about the coin in detail on honeybadgerofmoney.com, depending on what I learn about it.  I'll edit this post once I  get more time to read through the pages and can discuss the topic in more depth.  Thanks again for the invite!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Well, according to the parameters of the issue became much clearer, thank you.
About the mining program, it already is? (Radeon cards), and does not differ from the Blakecoin (BLC)?  Decred address already possible generate somewhere?

It does differ from Blakecoin.  Blakecoin uses 8 round blake-256, which sacrifices an acceptable level of security for speed.

Decred will be using 14 round blake-256, which is overkill for security but still fast.

Both nvidia and ati cards seem to do pretty well with blake-256
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
finally a serious project,  just signed for the airdrop

I'm also interested to see where this goes, signed up for the airdrop
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Well, according to the parameters of the issue became much clearer, thank you.
About the mining program, it already is? (Radeon cards), and does not differ from the Blakecoin (BLC)?  Decred address already possible generate somewhere?
Activity: 121
Merit: 103
I want to clarify: the time between blocks of 5 minutes, the average block size in the first year, 25-23 coins?, about 105K units a year? This is the right calculations, I assumed that in the first year will produce around 4.7 million coins. That is, the financing of the project will be transferred to 470 thousand coins in the first year? (10%). Just want to understand everything before starting. It's very much like a full line of numbers bitcoin. Okay, the calculation roughly correct? Just earlier I was thinking that the blocks in the first year will be about 9-10 coins.

If you have a look at our previous post about the subsidy system

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13412287

you can see how this works out in detail.  For clarity, I'm reproducing the figures here:

• The per block subsidy starts at approximately 31.19 coins and decreases by a factor of 100/101 every 6,144 blocks, approximately 21.33 days assuming 5 minutes per block.
  • The total number of coins by the end of year 1 is approximately 4.7M, with 1.68M coming from the premine and 3.02M coming from PoW, PoS and dev org subsidies.
  • The dev org will get approximately 302K coins over the first year, most of which will be spent on an ongoing basis on development of the software.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I want to clarify: the time between blocks of 5 minutes, the average block size in the first year, 25-23 coins?, about 105K units a year? This is the right calculations, I assumed that in the first year will produce around 4.7 million coins. That is, the financing of the project will be transferred to 470 thousand coins in the first year? (10%). Just want to understand everything before starting. It's very much like a full line of numbers bitcoin. Okay, the calculation roughly correct? Just earlier I was thinking that the blocks in the first year will be about 9-10 coins.
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

i signed up for the airdrop too some days ago - it's great to see something new with actual real life backing.

now if this new community can be as supportive i think there will be no limits   Tongue
jcv
Activity: 34
Merit: 1
Signed up for Airdrop!

(i'm not a newbie, jus an old BTCtalk forum reader).

This project is exciting!

And i'm satoshi nakamoto, an old bitcoin lovers.
so, you're an old btctalk and never done an account until today? And first post was done to receive free coin?

sound legit.  Cheesy

Suggest to devs to take care of tons of newbie accounts made only for the airdrop.

I never had an account for a reason...I do not have time to argue with strangers which as can be seen by your words, they already know everything.

BTW the Airdrop is public, and the decision to accept or not is from DEV.

I can easily understand you, @Blizzy, as this btcTalk forum is the home of the trolls (retarded kids). The worst place on the Internet, actually... I hardly ever feel like posting here... only if there's a really good reason.

I hope Decred succeeds and the community will have another forum, far away from this btcTalk.

We do have our own forum for decred at https://forum.decred.org/ although I think there has been some very good discussion in this thread as well (so not abandoning it for sure).
Activity: 150
cryptoPag.com
Signed up for Airdrop!

(i'm not a newbie, jus an old BTCtalk forum reader).

This project is exciting!

And i'm satoshi nakamoto, an old bitcoin lovers.
so, you're an old btctalk and never done an account until today? And first post was done to receive free coin?

sound legit.  Cheesy

Suggest to devs to take care of tons of newbie accounts made only for the airdrop.

I never had an account for a reason...I do not have time to argue with strangers which as can be seen by your words, they already know everything.

BTW the Airdrop is public, and the decision to accept or not is from DEV.

Jump to: