Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 141. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
PPLNS does have the disadvantage of causing bloated sized wallets which result in high transaction fees.
sorry what? that isn't true. that's what p2pools do - a ton of micro transactions. PPS & PPLNS don't have anything to do with micro transactions unless you have an automatic withdrawal set to like 0.5-1 coins which is a bad decision anyway.

Agreed!

That aside, is PPLNS just chosen because its generally the default of the software thats out there, or do miners/pool ops still see a benefit in it for these fast generated coins?
sure they do!
imagine a fast round of like 50-100 shares. slow miners will get nothing for that in proportional scheme. but with pplns, they'll constantly have a fair reward no matter how fast a block was solved.
PPLNS does have the disadvantage of causing bloated sized wallets which result in high transaction fees.
sorry what? that isn't true. that's what p2pools do - a ton of micro transactions. PPS & PPLNS don't have anything to do with micro transactions unless you have an automatic withdrawal set to like 0.5-1 coins which is a bad decision anyway.

Agreed!

That aside, is PPLNS just chosen because its generally the default of the software thats out there, or do miners/pool ops still see a benefit in it for these fast generated coins?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

I think you mean p2pools not PPLNS. There are ways to deal with the micro payments to where you don't have to pay any (or little) transaction fees. I was just reading about it yesterday on the litecoin forum from that high profile developer they brought on board to work on litecoin.

The same developer is working with p2pool code. Same dev who helped sort out the stratum code issues other pools had.

Let me know if you cant find the link and I'll search for it.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
P2pool* does have the disadvantage of causing bloated sized wallets which result in high transaction fees.
your talking about potential benefits of p2pool in general. I'm just taking about using PPLNS as a payout strategy, for a coin that has a target rate of blocks every 20 seconds.

Edit: and in reply to the generic p2pool points, none of them seem all that beneficial aside from "No single point of failure in the pool (when p2pools are connected)".  That one is pretty great.  The rest are debatable/marginal at best, but to each their own. Everyone has their own preferences.
legendary
Is there a large benefit to pplns in general with such a fast coin?

I posted this earlier but here it is again:

• Transaction Fees given to Miners as a REWARD
  • Instant payout when a block is found
  • No coins stored on pool server (dependent on pool operators configuration)
  • Maintain your PPLNS level switching between connected p2pools
  • No account registration or passwords to remember

Added to that list that it is much harder for the pool operator to cheat miners.

Also,

• No single point of failure in the pool (when p2pools are connected)
  • There are small statistical advantages increasing income vs traditional pools

Read more here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=153232.0;all
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

These are all small pools and a great way to spread the hashrate around.  Great alternatives to the mega pools out there.  If they are smaller pools and use pplns it could take awhile to pay but be patient.  

Help make Digicoin a more stable network, spread the hash!

We are currently looking at changing the PPLNS window from up to 24 hours to maybe 1 hour.

The obvious benefit for new miners is you will reach your maximum payout very quickly. Miners that have been on the pool over 24 hours may not like this as they are not rewarded as much for staying on the pool. Also, once you stop mining the pool you will not continue to get paid up to 24 hours later.

24 hours works well for the larger BTC and LTC p2pools since you have so many options and can switch without loosing your PPLNS but since DGC p2pools are mostly operating independently perhaps the PPLNS window should be reduced.

Thoughts?
how would we reduce that did you find out ?

These are all small pools and a great way to spread the hashrate around.  Great alternatives to the mega pools out there.  If they are smaller pools and use pplns it could take awhile to pay but be patient.  

We are currently looking at changing the PPLNS window from up to 24 hours to maybe 1 hour.

The obvious benefit for new miners is you will reach your maximum payout very quickly. Miners that have been on the pool over 24 hours may not like this as they are not rewarded as much for staying on the pool. Also, once you stop mining the pool you will not continue to get paid up to 24 hours later.

24 hours works well for the larger BTC and LTC p2pools since you have so many options and can switch without loosing your PPLNS but since DGC p2pools are mostly operating independently perhaps the PPLNS window should be reduced.

Thoughts?

Is there a large benefit to pplns in general with such a fast coin?
legendary

Thoughts?
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
Just as a reminder, I will generate vanity addresses for people using DGC. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225680.0/ Just make sure you have the PUBLIC key to an address you also have the PRIVATE key to. I don't need the PRIVATE key, but you will.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Is it just me or http://digitalize.bounceme.net/ does not paying reward from 13:26 UTC+2 ?

It was not just you, got some database issues this day on the pool.
All payout have just been processed. It is working fine now. You are welcome to rejoin Smiley

Not getting payments again
I'm not knocking any pools but you can try this and see what you think
http://coinworld.us:8810/static/
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Is it just me or http://digitalize.bounceme.net/ does not paying reward from 13:26 UTC+2 ?

It was not just you, got some database issues this day on the pool.
All payout have just been processed. It is working fine now. You are welcome to rejoin Smiley

Not getting payments again
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
I just send 100 DGC to DGC donation. Keep rolling  Wink

Thanks X.  You heard the man, keep it rolling...   Grin

Wiki updated.

-tb-
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I just send 100 DGC to DGC donation. Keep rolling  Wink
Activity: 308
Date: 13/06/2013 17:50
To: DGC project fund DHgXvhswV9j3t9VTKu1QfAu6kYM1HHD5sJ
Debit: -50.00 DGC
Net amount: -50.00 DGC
Transaction ID: 91a0b2aa00d3b44c326262246548d1913811973d1814f3ac390c9fa88b6a44b7

If you made a donation before today and want your name on the list, send me the amount and transaction ID and I'll update the Wiki.

Thank you.  Added you and nyclogan.  Wiki updated.  Round 3 is going strong.  Keep them coming.

-tb-

It's my first donation. I'll donate some more next round  Cheesy
legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain
Transaction ID: 91a0b2aa00d3b44c326262246548d1913811973d1814f3ac390c9fa88b6a44b7

If you made a donation before today and want your name on the list, send me the amount and transaction ID and I'll update the Wiki.

Thank you.  Added you and nyclogan.  Wiki updated.  Round 3 is going strong.  Keep them coming.

-tb-
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
i think Digital Coin has earned its own subforum. what you think?
Activity: 308
legendary
Point. Click. Blockchain
Pool contributions:

Coins donated to DGC Development: 506.823338 DGC
(earned via donation %, block explorer verified)

Coins earned towards next Donation: 5.077413 DGC
(earned via donation %, updates when block confirms, sends when we reach 20 DGC)

nearmiss, we really appreciate your ongoing contributions and thank all the miners on your pool who are donating.  Wish other pool owners will follow suit.

http://www.dgcwiki.com/index.php?title=Project_Contributors#Pool_Donations

-tb-
Jump to: