Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 180. (Read 523478 times)

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Have the p2pools looked at using common settings yet?

I would love to see that happen! I think it would be better for the network if the p2pools work together instead of independently.

There seems to be a handful of pools using the hakabane fork that are already working together.

Please correct these instructions if I'm wrong but this is what P2Pool operators need to do to connect to the pools that are already working together:

1. Modify p2pool/networks.py in the digitalcoin section to include:
Code:
IDENTIFIER='a5aed03050126d6d'.decode('hex'),
PREFIX='b6c0601991aa19a3'.decode('hex'),
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS='pool.bounceme.net'.split(' '),

I am not sure if this is necessary but you may need to change:
Code:
P2P_PORT=25396
Open up that port to and from your p2pool server on the firewall (incoming/outgoing).

You will need to delete the digitalcoin folder in the p2pool\Data directory before starting up p2pool.

We should consider adding more servers to the BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS in case pool.bounceme.net is down.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Any DGC coin exchanges present??
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Voted. Thanks for the DGC donations everyone sent me. I now am the proud owner of 13 DGC!!!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hack The Planet
YES ... WE CAN  Grin... ZeRo103 in Campaign Mode

Calling on the DGC Brotherhood  Cheesy to vote in the next 24 hours for DGC on Vircurex

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vircurex-which-of-these-coins-would-you-like-to-see-on-vircurex-215284

We are just behind 8 votes to WorldCoin... Pool owners please send mass email if posible  Wink

We are ahead by 1 point  Grin... last 13 Hours ... Vote DGC, Vote DGC  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
I just send 60DGC to DGC donation address

Thanks for your continuing support.  Wiki updated.

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Have the p2pools looked at using common settings yet?
Activity: 128
gnode - that is normal your miner reports the same difficulty in different units.  106k sounds about right for a difficulty of 1.66.

That can be solo mined but you will need some patience

Ya...OK, thanks much. I just don't understand some things with crypto/mining...wanted to check from others that I was setup right for DGC.

I know patience is a rarity among folks in the crypto world where hours are days, days are weeks, weeks=months and a month is an eternity. However, life has beaten me into submission of patience. If 3 marriages and 4 kids (and now grandkids) don't teach patience to a man, I doubt anything will!  Wink
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
gnode - that is normal your miner reports the same difficulty in different units.  106k sounds about right for a difficulty of 1.66.

That can be solo mined but you will need some patience
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
This can't be right... is it? This is 10 seconds after starting it.

Are you confusing pool shares with actual DGC blocks?  Those accepted shares are just the pool shares. Once a block is found, the pool will then divide the coins depending on how many shares were submitted by you and total number of shares submitted by all pool members.

No, I am quite aware of the difference. I am just not used to getting shares that fast.
Activity: 492
Merit: 250
Activity: 50
I'm not sure about solo mining, someone cleverer will have to help you there but the current DGC network difficulty is definatly what you'd expect, was 1.4ish at time of writing.

You can see here that this pool finds a block very couple of minutes or more, cgminer reports that I find on average about 8 blocks per day (I think) but as I'm in a pool that doesn't matter.
Activity: 128
OK, so I downloaded the DGC client today and set up to solo mine. Mining is mostly a hobby for me and I find solo mining coins (with low diff) quite enjoyable. Pool mining may pay better, but IMO the excitement of cracking a solo-mined block is much more gratifying than watching the expected, steady flow of accepted shares scrolling down the screen.

Anyway...I figured it might be fun to solo mine a few blocks of DGC while the diff is still fairly low. However, when cgminer starts up, it reports the network difficulty as 109k! That's far from the 1.66 claimed for DGC.

There's much I still don't know or understand about the way crypto works. The difficulty thing is still rather confusing for me...the sum of my understanding is that high difficulty means less blocks/coins/shares found/payouts per hour/day.

Not sure if difficulty number means the same thing for all coins. For instance, I know that solo mining Feathercoin would pay me about 1.5-2 blocks/day with my current hashrate, back when the difficulty was around 30-50. I also know that when Litecoin difficulty was at +/-200 I solo mined 1 block within the 1st 3 hours and gave up on solo mining 2 days later without finding a 2nd block.

With DGC I saw difficulty reported as 1.66 and figured it would be possible to crack 1 block/hour or so by solo mining. Of course, I'm comparing to FTC and LTC with this guesstimation. The DGC profit calculator estimated a bit less than 1 block/hour at current difficulty.

I think I've gone a tad bit off-course here (as I often do).

The purpose of this post is to find an explanation for the conflicting difficulty reports I'm getting. If someone could explain this I would be greatly appreciative. Like I said, the reported difficulty I've seen for the DGC network is about 1.66, yet cgminer is reporting a network difficulty of 109k.

I'm thinking the conflicting reports may be related to cgminer being a sha256 miner originally, so it's confusing the numbers when mining scrypt. If that is the case, it would be nice if someone could verify and possibly explain.
Activity: 339
Just a word to tell you that the following pool is still maintained and fully operational days and nights. You don't have here to wait 24h to get the proper payout.
This pool uses a PPLNS payout scheme, and is stratum enabled. The PPLNS window is set to only one hour.

cgminer --scrypt -o next.afraid.org:8119 -u yourDGCaddress -p .  --queue 0 -s 1

Statistics fully enabled, and available here: http://next.afraid.org:8119
Activity: 397

88 shares in 10 seconds with 35 kh/s does seem a bit high. You must have a magic laptop. Are you sure it was only 10 seconds?
Activity: 545
Merit: 500

Are you confusing pool shares with actual DGC blocks?  Those accepted shares are just the pool shares. Once a block is found, the pool will then divide the coins depending on how many shares were submitted by you and total number of shares submitted by all pool members.
Activity: 14

Calling on the DGC Brotherhood  Cheesy to vote in the next 24 hours for DGC on Vircurex

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/vircurex-which-of-these-coins-would-you-like-to-see-on-vircurex-215284

We are just behind 8 votes to WorldCoin... Pool owners please send mass email if posible  Wink

Hi DGC community! I've voted now, cause i really think that this coin has something that most of the other alt coins doesn't have, and the network is really fast, other than btc and ltc i think this one will be great!

The name also is very neat compared to other alt coins around.

Personally i think that the dev team are doing a great job!
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
I've simplified the market. Let me know what you think.

dgcmarket.com Smiley
Activity: 154
Hack The Planet

Calling on the DGC Brotherhood  Cheesy to vote in the next 24 hours for DGC on Vircurex

Activity: 308
Just bought a bunch of them. Go DGC  Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I don't see anything wrong with it, is there a problem?

No problem, just didn't think I would be getting so many shares so fast with a laptop... but if it is correct then awesome!
Jump to: